Old 08-30-05, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gilmore Girls Season 5 12/13

See here: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4023
Old 08-30-05, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wonder why so soon? I think GG has been on the 6 months or so release plan and this will be about 3 months from the release of season 4.

I am VERY happy to have it, but when you look at the piles of features on "Lost" it makes me slightly angry and sad that GG is one of the worst of the dvd shows on tv that are still in production when it comes to bonus features.

ASP said she was very busy and that contributed to why there wouldn't be much in the way of special features (lame excuse), but now with a 3 month period while she's writing, directing, overseeing the new shows, I expect we'll get even less.

I know having the UNEDITED shows are the most important thing to have, but this was really a missed opportunity, because commentaries from Lauren and Alexis and other cast members would have been awesome.
Old 08-30-05, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
I know having the UNEDITED shows are the most important thing to have, but this was really a missed opportunity, because commentaries from Lauren and Alexis and other cast members would have been awesome.
Agreed. Those could have been awesome, but I am glad they haven't messed with the show in its translation to DVD so far. I'll be picking this up for sure. No question. I love this show like crazy.
Old 08-30-05, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Vandelay_Inds

Incredible it is coming out that fast. I couldn't care less about extra features, just gimme the eps!! This is great news!!!

Take a look at the special features for Lost.

Then imagine all those features being about Rory, Lorelai, Luke, Paris, Stars Hollow, Yale, how daughters go bad featurette, dating snobs on the rebound from sleeping with your married ex-boyfriend on the rebound from dating a snotty punk featurette, etc, etc. Also, Lauren Graham pokers tips and any commentaries by Ms. Graham would surely be laught out loud funny. Maybe even a short film by Kirk using Alexis as her Becky character and some cool things from the past like harp lessons from Drella.

I love the show too, but I'm still very jealous of those who are Lost fans as they get such an amazing set. I thought about buying it, just because the features are so cool and I don't know anything about the show.
Old 08-30-05, 11:56 PM

In any event, it's been announced now that the 100th episode will have a commentary by Amy Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino, in addition to a behind-the-scenes doc on that episode and deleted scenes from it. It's not a lot, but it counts for something.
Old 08-31-05, 01:12 AM

COMMENTARY!!!!!! COMMENTARY!!!!! COMMENTARY!!!! COMMENTARY!!!! COMENTARY!!!!

I've waited five seasons for a commentary, and finally eventhough there is only one, Warner Brother's have delievered!!!!!!
Old 08-31-05, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Andrew J.
In any event, it's been announced now that the 100th episode will have a commentary by Amy Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino, in addition to a behind-the-scenes doc on that episode and deleted scenes from it. It's not a lot, but it counts for something.
I'll take it. Thanks for the update.
Old 08-31-05, 04:36 AM
xia

will definetly be a buy for me, although I havent been able to catch the episodes after season 2. So i'll definetly be marathoning in the not so distant future.
Old 08-31-05, 03:04 PM

will definetly be a buy for me, although I havent been able to catch the episodes after season 2. So i'll definetly be marathoning in the not so distant future.
You'll have a great time. Gilmore Girl's is defintily one of my favorite TV Shows of all time! I am actually jealous that you get to see aprox 3 years of new story lines in such a small amount of time.
Old 09-11-07, 09:14 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
I've been catching up with this show on DVD and I'm up to the episode with the commentary. Does the commentary have spoilers for subsequent episodes or is it safe to watch now?
Old 09-11-07, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by JasonF
I've been catching up with this show on DVD and I'm up to the episode with the commentary. Does the commentary have spoilers for subsequent episodes or is it safe to watch now?
Yes. They talk about stuff that happens all the way to the end of the season. Most of it is rather guessable if you know anything about the series later years, but still it would be best to skip it until you finish the season.