Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Whats the Chance of The Real Ghostbusters coming to DVD?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Whats the Chance of The Real Ghostbusters coming to DVD?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-05, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mzupeman2
Wow, you'd have to really be a very very VERY unprofessional studio to just tape over the masters like that. That's not cool at all. Well, so much for that.
Yeah, I guess it was fairly commonplace back then... before the idea of home video, lots of cancelled shows were considered expendable.
Old 08-17-05, 11:11 PM
Cool New Member

One of my favorite RGB episodes was called "People Busters" I think. In it the Ghostbusters were sucked into an alternate mirror world where they encounter ghost versions of themselves, and people are hunted and trapped by them just like ghosts are in the normal world. Too bad they didn't put that one on the recent 2-disc movie release, I would've bought it in a heartbeat.

Even though this might be common knowledge to most, I thought I'd share some interesting things about the voice actors...

Lorenzo Music, who did the voice of Peter Venkman the first few seasons, is most famous for being the voice of Garfield in the old cartoon. Peter Venkman was of course played by Bill Murray in the films and now he does the voice of Garfield in the movie version! No doubt Music would've done the voice except he died shortly before the film was made, so I guess the casting of Murray couldn't have been more perfect.

Arsenio Hall provided the voice for Winston Zedmore for a short period, while Frank Welker, who's most famous for a ton of animal & sound FX in cartoons, did the voice of both Ray Stantz & Slimer. And the voice of Egon, Maurice LaMarche, is probably most famous for being "the Brain" of "Pinky & the Brain".
Old 08-23-05, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by DVDOtaku13
One of my favorite RGB episodes was called "People Busters" I think. In it the Ghostbusters were sucked into an alternate mirror world where they encounter ghost versions of themselves, and people are hunted and trapped by them just like ghosts are in the normal world. Too bad they didn't put that one on the recent 2-disc movie release, I would've bought it in a heartbeat.

Even though this might be common knowledge to most, I thought I'd share some interesting things about the voice actors...

Lorenzo Music, who did the voice of Peter Venkman the first few seasons, is most famous for being the voice of Garfield in the old cartoon. Peter Venkman was of course played by Bill Murray in the films and now he does the voice of Garfield in the movie version! No doubt Music would've done the voice except he died shortly before the film was made, so I guess the casting of Murray couldn't have been more perfect.

Arsenio Hall provided the voice for Winston Zedmore for a short period, while Frank Welker, who's most famous for a ton of animal & sound FX in cartoons, did the voice of both Ray Stantz & Slimer. And the voice of Egon, Maurice LaMarche, is probably most famous for being "the Brain" of "Pinky & the Brain".
Lorenzo Music sadly died in 2001 of cancer, by the way. He wasn't exactly a famous "face", but many knew his voice, and he also composed the theme song to the original Bob Newhart show.
LaMarche was also on Futurama, as was Welker, who did Nibbler, and Santa's Little Helper (among others) on the Simpsons. Welker was also Fred on Scooby Doo. LaMarche was also responsible for Yakko's belches on Animaniacs