Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Undeclared is already available on overstock.com

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Undeclared is already available on overstock.com

Old 07-31-05, 10:58 AM

It's never this slow with overstock. They always ship my orders out the next day and then they arrive at my door like 3 days later. It's has now been 4 days and they haven't even shipped it. My guess is that they wont send it out until realease date which is really screwed up considering so many people bought it from them in hopes of getting it early.
Old 07-31-05, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I kinda figured. Time to cancel and ask for a refund. At this point id rather pay more to a B&M store then give any money to overstock for screwing up the shipping date.
Old 08-01-05, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I was charged on the 29th and still nothing. WTF
Old 08-01-05, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Alright, well I talked to a CSR through the online function and the set is expected to ship out tomorrow for me. For the record, I ordered on the 27th, and was charged on the 29th.
Old 08-01-05, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Same here. I actually called them today to see what was up, and the guy told me to call back tomorrow if it hasn't shipped, since I only ordered Thursday, which would put tomorrow as the 3rd business day for them to get it shipped.

I seriously doubt it will go out tomorrow, but we'll see.
Old 08-01-05, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Glad I waited. Good luck to you all.
Old 08-01-05, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Glad I waited. Good luck to you all.
Thanks. The funniest thing about it, which I just realized, is that even if it ships tomorrow, they send media mail unless you pay like 10 more dollars, and that can take anywhere from 3-10 "mail" days (Monday-Saturday).

Let's say it ships tomorrow and takes the full 10 days. That means it will come on the 13th, 3 days before it hits stores anyway. Could very well end up being much ado about nothing, which is often the case with these sort of things. LOL oh well. You live, you learn. It will still be nice to watch it 3 days early, I suppose.
Old 08-01-05, 10:41 PM

Just got an email from Overstock and they said it should ship out in 1-3 days (maybe sooner). Looking forward to getting this set!
Old 08-02-05, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Can't wait until my preorder from DDD arrives!
Old 08-02-05, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Has anyone's shipped yet?
Old 08-02-05, 04:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Critter, mine is suppose to tomorrow. Seeing as how we live 5 miles apart, we should get ours the same day! YAY!
Old 08-02-05, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Finally got my $10 coupon to show up from signing up with Overstock Auctions and placed my order for $23.52 shipped. As long as it shows up, I'm happy. A couple days early? Bonus
Old 08-02-05, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

My order now says:
"This title is expected to be released on 08/16/2005. We will ship this item as soon as it is available."

Oh well, hope some of you actually get yours early!
Old 08-02-05, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I canceled my order and requested a refund. Id rather pick this up on release date then wait the week or so for Media Mail to save a buck or two.
Old 08-02-05, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They didn't have any problem cancelling, Gizmo?

I just got off the phone with them, and they specifically told me that once checkout is completed, there are no cancellations. She went on to tell me that on some preorders, they MAY be able to. LOL. She said she would e mail the warehouse and request a cancellation but there was no guarantee, and that someone would e mail me within 2-4 business days to let me know. I hung up and got on the horn with my bank to get the charge reversed.

I went on their website, and it says pretty much the same thing. No cancellations once order is complete, and on preorders that are 7 days or more from release, to "call us and we will try to assist you". Jesus, how much more vague can you possibly be?

Oh well, it is my own damn fault for being overzealous I suppose. Now, it is going to take longer for the whole chargeback process with my bank than to wait the few days and see what happens with Overstock. Hopefully someone from their warehouse e mails me still, even though I told the CS lady "that it was f'in ridiculous to charge someone for something they haven't even shipped yet, and on top of that basically refuse to give a refund and that I would just call my credit card company."
Old 08-02-05, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
They didn't have any problem cancelling, Gizmo?

I just got off the phone with them, and they specifically told me that once checkout is completed, there are no cancellations. She went on to tell me that on some preorders, they MAY be able to. LOL. She said she would e mail the warehouse and request a cancellation but there was no guarantee, and that someone would e mail me within 2-4 business days to let me know. I hung up and got on the horn with my bank to get the charge reversed.

I went on their website, and it says pretty much the same thing. No cancellations once order is complete, and on preorders that are 7 days or more from release, to "call us and we will try to assist you". Jesus, how much more vague can you possibly be?

Oh well, it is my own damn fault for being overzealous I suppose. Now, it is going to take longer for the whole chargeback process with my bank than to wait the few days and see what happens with Overstock. Hopefully someone from their warehouse e mails me still, even though I told the CS lady "that it was f'in ridiculous to charge someone for something they haven't even shipped yet, and on top of that basically refuse to give a refund and that I would just call my credit card company."

The guy said he would submit a request and it would take 2-4 days...complete BS. I cant beleive I even ordered from these idiots.
Old 08-03-05, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Why does everyone expect this to ship so early? It doesn't come out til 08/16/2005.
Old 08-03-05, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I will never preorder anything from Overstock, because they automatically charge you the full amount when you place the preorder. They have the worst preorder policy of any online retailer.
Old 08-03-05, 09:28 AM

I received notification yesterday indicating it'll ship in 1-3 days.
Old 08-03-05, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by bigjim25
Why does everyone expect this to ship so early? It doesn't come out til 08/16/2005.
If you read this thread before, they stated it would ship in 1-3 days as of 7/26. So that's why some of us ordered.
Old 08-03-05, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Geofferson
So did I. However 2 hours prior a CSR rep told the 'street date has been pushed back till 8/16'.
Old 08-03-05, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Geofferson
Yeah, not gonna happen my friend. If you are smart, you will call them up right now and cancel before it moves into processing. Trust me, once it does, trying to cancel becomes a nightmare.

I am on hold with them as I type this, and this is the 3rd CR I have spoken to already this morning. It is nothing but a complete runaround. Now, they are telling me they can't cancel it because "it is pending". Mind you, the product won't ship for another 13 days. My order "is pending" because my card has been charged. My card was charged because the order was placed while the item was "in stock" and ready to ship. Had it been placed as a preorder from the get go, my card wouldn't have been charged til closer to the 16th, when it actually was ready to process and ship. EDIT: Nevermind. Apparently they do charge immediately even on preorders. Didn't see the post above.

I really, really recommend that nobody ever orders from them, unless you can confirm that the item is in stock and ready to ship.

Last edited by SexualPudding; 08-03-05 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-03-05, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Probaby need to retitle the thread as well.
Old 08-03-05, 04:00 PM

I ordered this set on Ebay and recieved it on Monday $25 with my $5 ebay coupon. Still haven't watched it though, as I'm pretty busy with work this week.
Old 08-15-05, 01:22 PM

is there any reason networks air them out of order? It seems to make no sense whatsoever. They did this with Freaks And Geeks too.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.