DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

HIGH TENSION dvd cover and specs!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-05, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well in the version I saw in theaters.
Spoiler:
You still saw a pretty damn few seconds long glimpse of the head being shoved against his crotch,before cutting to the side shot of the head being dropped out of the truck. Now the closer up shot of what he was doing did seem rather abrupt,since it was panning slowly,then abrupt closer up cut,then another cut to the side shot. But I did see a shot of the head being pushed on his crotch,so it was quite obvious what he was doing
Old 07-27-05, 08:02 PM

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts
I skipped this in theaters because it was an edited version. Can't wait to see it uncut on DVD.
Old 08-18-05, 12:12 AM

The gory uncut photos are up on Davisdvd.com. Some people think 1 minute or less of additions adds very 'little' to a film. Well in this case,they are wrong big time

http://www.davisdvd.com/misc/altguides.html
Old 08-18-05, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Columbia House surprisingly has the Unrated cut of this available for pre-order alraedy so I will definitely pick it up from them!!! Sweet.
Old 08-18-05, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Damn, that's some intense stuff. Can't wait for this bad boy (or girl, depending on how you look at it ).
Old 08-18-05, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

oh thats nasty, I thought the R rated version was bloody and gory enough, but we haven't seen nothin yet!
Old 08-18-05, 09:06 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Wow - can't wait to get my hands on the uncut version!
Old 09-27-05, 11:40 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dd or dts ?

DTS WOULD BE killer!
Old 09-28-05, 04:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Having seen the uncut version at Sundance, I'll be VERY happy to add this DVD to my collection.

The original cut with the appropriate French audio track / subtitles = Well done, Lions Gate.

And here I expected you to make us wait till next October for the uncut version. (Like, um, Saw.)
Old 09-28-05, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Willh51
I thought this movie was pretty good until
Spoiler:
the dumb ass multiple personality ending
ruined it all.
Although it did not ruin the film for me, I agree. I just recently watched an uncut version from another region. Very intense and well-acted film.
Old 10-13-05, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

watched some of the dvd last night, and ive got some bad news. the english subtitles for the movie match the english dubbed dialogue, and not the french dialogue. (check out the first scene after the credits, one of the characters in the dub says something like "wake up sleepy head", but there is no audio in the french version, but the subtitle is there anyway.) So people here who are fluent in french will probably notice some of hte differences
Old 10-13-05, 04:38 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
Originally Posted by Rypro 525
watched some of the dvd last night, and ive got some bad news. the english subtitles for the movie match the english dubbed dialogue, and not the french dialogue. (check out the first scene after the credits, one of the characters in the dub says something like "wake up sleepy head", but there is no audio in the french version, but the subtitle is there anyway.) So people here who are fluent in french will probably notice some of hte differences
that is horrible. the dubbed version was so laughable and not at all in line with the actual french. so glad i saw and have the uncut, UK.
Old 10-13-05, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
Oh lord, dubtitles are the spawn of Satan. And there I was thinking of double dipping to this version from my Korean R3....

Definitely not selecting the wrong English subtitles from the menus?
Old 10-14-05, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Squirrel God
Oh lord, dubtitles are the spawn of Satan. And there I was thinking of double dipping to this version from my Korean R3....

Definitely not selecting the wrong English subtitles from the menus?
as mentioned in another thread, there are only 1 batch of subtitles, well morely 2 if you include the bilingual track, where a few lines are subtitled.
Old 10-14-05, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Dang.
Old 10-14-05, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

lions gate is slowly becomeing one of the worst studio's for dvd, espeically after the Audition fuck up (its fucking pal sourced and with horrible audio)
Old 10-14-05, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts
Well, I decided to pick it up anyway. I wanted to see the unrated version.

I happened to be at Wal*Mart and, surprise surprise, there was not an R-rated full screen one to be seen. All they stocked was the unrated widescreen version. I'm glad the W*M by me is one of the better ones for DVDs.
Old 10-14-05, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

also find it humorus because this would actually be consitered the nc-17 cut of the film and we all know wal mart doesnt' cary nc-17 movies, so maybe unrated could be a good thing.
Old 10-14-05, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah I was really surprised to see my Wal-Mart had it. They also had Undead which I was sure would be too obscure of a title. I had to double check to make sure I was actually IN a wal-mart store.
Old 10-14-05, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Well, I decided to pick it up anyway. I wanted to see the unrated version.

I happened to be at Wal*Mart and, surprise surprise, there was not an R-rated full screen one to be seen. All they stocked was the unrated widescreen version. I'm glad the W*M by me is one of the better ones for DVDs.
And yet, they only sell edited music....weird.
Old 10-14-05, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,259 Likes on 837 Posts
I'll stick my my French 2 disc set. But then again I don't need english subs.
Old 10-14-05, 07:38 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

has anyone gotten this from netflix? It's on my Q list, but appears to be the R rated version which is quite dissapointing. I've always got an uncut version of a film on netflix. Anyone know if they are shipping the unedited on or just the theatrical one?
thanks
Old 10-14-05, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's the uncut version from Netflix - I got mine today.

I'd seen the French version about a year ago, I just wanted my girlfriend to see it.

I thought that
Spoiler:
the ending ruined the whole damn movie. Several scenes didn't even make sense after the reveal. Horrible ending...almost as bad as the 'it was all a dream cop-out.

= J
Old 10-20-05, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,077 Likes on 652 Posts
Originally Posted by Tarantino
It's the uncut version from Netflix - I got mine today.

Weird. I just shot off a comment to customer service stating I was disappointed that they were only carrying the rated version instead of the unrated. I guess I will throw it in my queue & take a chance. I bitched b/c that is the one major reason I use them - always the unrated version & in widescreen.

Did it show the rated version when you ordered it Tarantino?
Old 10-20-05, 09:23 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Weird. I just shot off a comment to customer service stating I was disappointed that they were only carrying the rated version instead of the unrated. I guess I will throw it in my queue & take a chance. I bitched b/c that is the one major reason I use them - always the unrated version & in widescreen.

Did it show the rated version when you ordered it Tarantino?
I just checked the Netflix listing and yes, it does say it's the R-rated version.. interesting. Similarily, it also looks like Netflix also only carries the R-rated version of Dead and Breakfast - guess I might have to rent this from Potomac Video (my B&M video store).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.