DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

New WWE DVD's announced

Old 07-22-05, 06:38 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 248
New WWE DVD's announced

According to the daily Figure Four Weekly update, WWE is planning on releasing numerous DVD's by the end of the year. They are all confirmed, and Bryan Alverez even read the previews in the update. In the fall, besides the already annouced three disc Undertaker set and the Ultimate Warrior set, there will also be a legends release focused on Jake the Snake. Then, just in time for Christmas, WWE will be releasing Screwed: The Bret Hart Story which will be a three disc set and the Ultimate Wrestlemania Collection, which is a box set of all 21 WM's. The set will be priced at around $300, but it can be bought in sets of five.
Awesome.
YourOlympicHero is offline  
Old 07-22-05, 06:44 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 252
$300 is cheap for the manias

ill pick up 1-14 since i got 15-21

im guessing $75 a set of 5? so thats like 225 to complete my set, is 300 msrp?
Scarface83 is offline  
Old 07-22-05, 08:05 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Rypro 525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: a frikin hellhole
Posts: 28,263
Originally Posted by Scarface83
$300 is cheap for the manias

ill pick up 1-14 since i got 15-21

im guessing $75 a set of 5? so thats like 225 to complete my set, is 300 msrp?
wonder how they can release them all, when the jessie ventura commentaries on 1-6 will probably be muted, and 15-18 would be blurred wwf logo.
Rypro 525 is offline  
Old 07-22-05, 08:26 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 252
Originally Posted by Rypro 525
wonder how they can release them all, when the jessie ventura commentaries on 1-6 will probably be muted, and 15-18 would be blurred wwf logo.

So 7-14 is good? Will be original? 1-6 will probably be Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler then.

I got 15 and up so I can care less about those..
Scarface83 is offline  
Old 07-22-05, 09:23 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
DeanoBKN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 5,247
I am interested in that Jake The Snake collection. Also will probably pick up the WrestleMania boxset one set at a time.
DeanoBKN is online now  
Old 07-22-05, 11:26 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Up State NY
Posts: 1,886
Finally a Brett Hart DVD! Do we really need an Ultimate Warrior DVD.
cactusoly is offline  
Old 07-23-05, 01:26 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 6,306
Originally Posted by cactusoly
Finally a Brett Hart DVD! Do we really need an Ultimate Warrior DVD.
Hell yeah we need a Warrior dvd. He was the best.
whoopdido is offline  
Old 07-23-05, 01:34 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Posts: 2,539
Originally Posted by whoopdido
Hell yeah we need a Warrior dvd. He was the best.
I concur. We do need an Ultimate Warrior DVD and we're getting it. And IMO, he was the best.

K
Cornelius1047 is offline  
Old 07-23-05, 01:45 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 12,306
tatanka...


i haven't watched wrestling since hogan won the belt at wrestlemania from yokozuna...to much water under the bridge.
Cameron is offline  
Old 07-23-05, 02:53 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
CrashNBurn69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 726
why would they have to take out the ventura commentary?
CrashNBurn69 is offline  
Old 07-23-05, 08:10 AM
  #11  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,705
No Owen Hart?
DVDFreaker is offline  
Old 07-23-05, 08:27 AM
  #12  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 14,020
We need Warrrior to do some commentary on his DVD to see what kind of whacked out crazy shit he is spewing now!

I would love to get all of the Wrestlemania's but damn that is a lot of dough at once. I think that I'll wait for the inevitable price drop.

As for Ventura, he sued the WWF for using his likeness without his permission, or something similar. I think that the relationship had improved afterwards though.
movieking is offline  
Old 07-23-05, 11:15 AM
  #13  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 93
Does anyone know if there still releasing a three disk set for HHH later this year? Also anyone know what will be on the Jake the Snake dvd? Finally will the Bret Hart dvd have matches on it?
moviesaregreat is offline  
Old 07-23-05, 11:36 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Up State NY
Posts: 1,886
A Warrior disc would be so great... 2 hours of grunting, shaking the ropes, running to the ring, and blowing up before the match even starts.
cactusoly is offline  
Old 07-23-05, 11:47 AM
  #15  
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 11,975
PWInsider.com reported a couple of days ago that the planned title for the Ultimate Warrior DVD is " The Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior". Wow!! Just adding salt to the wounds.
dx23 is offline  
Old 07-23-05, 11:50 AM
  #16  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
tonymontana313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,746
Originally Posted by dx23
PWInsider.com reported a couple of days ago that the planned title for the Ultimate Warrior DVD is " The Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior". Wow!! Just adding salt to the wounds.
Haha, that is hilarious!
tonymontana313 is offline  
Old 07-23-05, 01:34 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Nabalab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,085
More (rumors) on the UW DVD - taken from lordsofpain.net - If by any chance this *is* true, I cannot wait!!!!

There have been some rumors lately in regards to a DVD on The Ultimate
Warrior to be released by WWE. The title for the new double-set DVD
featuring the Ultimate Warrior will be called "The Self-Destruction of the
Ultimate Warrior" and it's supposed to be released on September 27, 2005.
Deepdiscountdvd.com already has a page up on this DVD, although, not much information is given. However, by having a page up, it pretty much confirms
that there will be a DVD on Warrior one way or another.

Anyways, an intern for the WWE production department has posted some
startling information at The Ultimate Warrior's official message board in
regards to the contents of this DVD. By the looks of things, Warrior won't
be portrayed in a positive light if this information is indeed true.
Considering that WWE and The Ultimate Warrior are on bad terms and what with WWE's approach for doing shocking stuff lately, what this person is saying seems very much possible.

Just read the post below.

--------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone,

I know there is a great deal of BS and lies on the internet, so I understand
if you do not believe me during this post, but I will go ahead anyway. I do
not want to disclose my name, as I know the company monitors the internet quite tight, but I have been working as an intern at the production
department of Titan Television (WWE's studios). I have been involved in the
making of several DVD projects these past few months, one of which was the
forthcoming Ultimate Warrior 2 disc set.

While I can't give out too many specifics on the set, I can tell you a few
things that may upset you as Warrior fans, and would like your feedback
which I will happily return to my supervisor, Mr Chambers.

First off, Vince McMahon and Warrior have actually spoke several times
regarding this DVD. Those of you who have purchased WWE 'Legends' DVDs will know how they work...there is a documentary on the wrestler, and fellow
superstars and office staff will talk about that wrestler - memories,
favorite moments, opinions, backstage stories, etc. We recently released a
DVD on the Road Warriors, which featured Animal tracing the roots of the
characters and giving insights into their careers as superstars, wrestlers,
and men.

Vince wanted Warrior to do the same, and called him at home. Warrior
apparently has his own documentary film coming soon and said to Vince he
would like to do a deal where they could have flyers inside each DVD to help
advertise the other one. Mr McMahon said he didn't want to do this, as it
wouldn't be a 50-50 beneficial deal(it would benefit Warrior much more than
WWE), and that the shareholders wouldn't like advertising with a former
talent.

Warrior was worried about being seen as a hypocrite if he appeared on the
DVD, and when Vince refused advertising and a smaller fee than what Warrior
wanted, Warrior refused steadfast to participate in it. Negotiations ended
there on the phone, and I was told by my supervisor that Vince told Warrior
"Well then, we'll see what happens."

I can reveal to you that this DVD is not going to be one that fans will want
to see. Many talents have appeared on this disc to talk about Warrior -
Bobby Heenan, Pat Patterson, Paul London, HHH, JR, John Cena, Batista,
Hogan, Eddie, Benoit and others - and every single one of them has painted
him a negative light. All the comments make fun of Warrior, and talk about
what an idiot, flash in the pan, and lucky guy he was.

There are also two bonus features on disc 2. The first is "Ultimate
Impressions" in which current WWE superstars do their best impersonation of
Warrior. It is sad to say the least - Benoit foams at the mouth and yells at
the top of his voice...HHH messes his hair all up and pretends to be Warrior
shaking the ropes, and Batista ties some bootlaces around his arms and talks
to his hands. More insulting, there is a "Warrior Calamaties" montage of
times when Warrior has made mistakes - slipping over, bloopers during
interviews, botched moves, etc.

Basically, the whole thing is made to have the message that Warrior was
intense and powerful, but also a bit of an idiot. He is painted in the same
light as Doink, Repo Man and Duke Droese, rather than as a legend next to
Randy Savage, Bret Hart and Andre. Sad - because the majority of people who would buy this would be UW fans from the 80s...and once they know that this is a giant farce, they will boycott it and the DVD will fail to sell.

Good business sense Mr McMahon!! It looks like another desperate attempt to bury UW.
Nabalab is offline  
Old 07-23-05, 01:53 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 252
Originally Posted by tonymontana313
Haha, that is hilarious!
LOL

He does deserve it, the guy was an A-HOLE, he would miss house shows by just not showing up, he couldn't wrestle for crap either, you see 1 Warrior match, u seen them all. No talent......this DVD will have crap matches because he has never had a good match besides the ones at WM6 and WM7
Scarface83 is offline  
Old 07-23-05, 02:24 PM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 252
Street Date November 1:
-WM 1-21 box set will retail for $299.95 and will include special trading cards and such.
-WM 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, and 16-20 box sets will retail for $69.95 each.
-WWE Legends: Jake "The Snake" Roberts will retail for $34.95

Street Date November 15:
-Screwed: The Bret Hart Story will retail for $34.95.

Source: http://www.czwfans.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=4373
Scarface83 is offline  
Old 07-23-05, 02:37 PM
  #20  
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 11,975
but I have been working as an intern at the production
department of Titan Television (WWE's studios). I have been involved in the
making of several DVD projects these past few months, one of which was the
forthcoming Ultimate Warrior 2 disc set.
would like your feedback
which I will happily return to my supervisor, Mr Chambers.
Dude, your ass is going to get fired and Mr. Chambers is going to get whipped for hiring you and your blabering mouth.

If this is the content of the DVD, which would not surprise me given how much Warrior has spoken againts WWF/E and given how much Triple H - McMahon hates him for having to job to Warrior at Wrestlemania 13, fans are going to be dissapointed and sales aren't going to be very good. No matter how stupid Warrior is for his extreme political views or how his technical wrestling skills resemble those of Jim Ross, Warrior was seen as a superstar in the eyes of the fans and if you asked somebody who was somewhat of a casual fan of 80's wrestling to name a wrestler, The Ultimate Warrior would probably be name very often. I think that a DVD collection of the Ultimate Warrior including his run from his Blade Runners days to the Dingo Warrior to the WWF Ultimate Warrior to the WCW Ultimate Warrior would be extremely profitable and at the same time will be a huge FU to Warrior as a person, since he would not recieve a cent made from those videos, but since Vince is in control of this Titanic named WWE, this is not going to happen anytime soon.
dx23 is offline  
Old 07-23-05, 03:04 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Quake1028's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Hurricanes Season Ticket Holder
Posts: 26,581
Put me down for every_single_one.
Quake1028 is offline  
Old 07-25-05, 11:41 AM
  #22  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,934
Originally Posted by Scarface83
Street Date November 1:
-WM 1-21 box set will retail for $299.95 and will include special trading cards and such.
-WM 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, and 16-20 box sets will retail for $69.95 each.
-WWE Legends: Jake "The Snake" Roberts will retail for $34.95

Street Date November 15:
-Screwed: The Bret Hart Story will retail for $34.95.

Source: http://www.czwfans.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=4373
How would they handle the scratch logo in WM 14-18?? It would all be blurred no doubt! So hang on to your DVDs of 15-18

Originally Posted by Nabalab
More (rumors) on the UW DVD - taken from lordsofpain.net - If by any chance this *is* true, I cannot wait!!!!

There have been some rumors lately in regards to a DVD on The Ultimate
Warrior to be released by WWE. The title for the new double-set DVD
featuring the Ultimate Warrior will be called "The Self-Destruction of the
Ultimate Warrior" and it's supposed to be released on September 27, 2005.
Deepdiscountdvd.com already has a page up on this DVD, although, not much information is given. However, by having a page up, it pretty much confirms
that there will be a DVD on Warrior one way or another.

Anyways, an intern for the WWE production department has posted some
startling information at The Ultimate Warrior's official message board in
regards to the contents of this DVD. By the looks of things, Warrior won't
be portrayed in a positive light if this information is indeed true.
Considering that WWE and The Ultimate Warrior are on bad terms and what with WWE's approach for doing shocking stuff lately, what this person is saying seems very much possible.

Just read the post below.

--------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone,

I know there is a great deal of BS and lies on the internet, so I understand
if you do not believe me during this post, but I will go ahead anyway. I do
not want to disclose my name, as I know the company monitors the internet quite tight, but I have been working as an intern at the production
department of Titan Television (WWE's studios). I have been involved in the
making of several DVD projects these past few months, one of which was the
forthcoming Ultimate Warrior 2 disc set.

While I can't give out too many specifics on the set, I can tell you a few
things that may upset you as Warrior fans, and would like your feedback
which I will happily return to my supervisor, Mr Chambers.

First off, Vince McMahon and Warrior have actually spoke several times
regarding this DVD. Those of you who have purchased WWE 'Legends' DVDs will know how they work...there is a documentary on the wrestler, and fellow
superstars and office staff will talk about that wrestler - memories,
favorite moments, opinions, backstage stories, etc. We recently released a
DVD on the Road Warriors, which featured Animal tracing the roots of the
characters and giving insights into their careers as superstars, wrestlers,
and men.

Vince wanted Warrior to do the same, and called him at home. Warrior
apparently has his own documentary film coming soon and said to Vince he
would like to do a deal where they could have flyers inside each DVD to help
advertise the other one. Mr McMahon said he didn't want to do this, as it
wouldn't be a 50-50 beneficial deal(it would benefit Warrior much more than
WWE), and that the shareholders wouldn't like advertising with a former
talent.

Warrior was worried about being seen as a hypocrite if he appeared on the
DVD, and when Vince refused advertising and a smaller fee than what Warrior
wanted, Warrior refused steadfast to participate in it. Negotiations ended
there on the phone, and I was told by my supervisor that Vince told Warrior
"Well then, we'll see what happens."

I can reveal to you that this DVD is not going to be one that fans will want
to see. Many talents have appeared on this disc to talk about Warrior -
Bobby Heenan, Pat Patterson, Paul London, HHH, JR, John Cena, Batista,
Hogan, Eddie, Benoit and others - and every single one of them has painted
him a negative light. All the comments make fun of Warrior, and talk about
what an idiot, flash in the pan, and lucky guy he was.

There are also two bonus features on disc 2. The first is "Ultimate
Impressions" in which current WWE superstars do their best impersonation of
Warrior. It is sad to say the least - Benoit foams at the mouth and yells at
the top of his voice...HHH messes his hair all up and pretends to be Warrior
shaking the ropes, and Batista ties some bootlaces around his arms and talks
to his hands. More insulting, there is a "Warrior Calamaties" montage of
times when Warrior has made mistakes - slipping over, bloopers during
interviews, botched moves, etc.

Basically, the whole thing is made to have the message that Warrior was
intense and powerful, but also a bit of an idiot. He is painted in the same
light as Doink, Repo Man and Duke Droese, rather than as a legend next to
Randy Savage, Bret Hart and Andre. Sad - because the majority of people who would buy this would be UW fans from the 80s...and once they know that this is a giant farce, they will boycott it and the DVD will fail to sell.

Good business sense Mr McMahon!! It looks like another desperate attempt to bury UW.
I would say this is all bull.
Class316 is offline  
Old 07-25-05, 05:49 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 22,023
I would love to see a DVD making the Ultimate Warriour out as a jack ass, but that's just me.
Dr. DVD is offline  
Old 07-25-05, 07:49 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Nabalab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,085
Originally Posted by Class316
I would say this is all bull.
Ya know - you're probably right, but it's an entertaining read
Nabalab is offline  
Old 07-25-05, 08:24 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Rypro 525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: a frikin hellhole
Posts: 28,263
Originally Posted by CrashNBurn69
why would they have to take out the ventura commentary?
on the new wwe legends of the 80's dvd, venturas commentary is muted on the "Wrestleing challenge" match and when they do the clip version of the "savage/steamboat" match at wm 3
Rypro 525 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.