Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

New WWE DVD's announced

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-05, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
So what wrestlers have gotten deluxe DVDs released about them so far? I haven't followed wrestling in years, but I would love to pick up some of these.

I know about The Undertaker, Ultimate Warrior, Ric Flair, Road Warriors, Hulk Hogan DVDs. Who else? I see that Jake the Snake and Bret Hart is on the way.

Who am I missing?
Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Rob Van Dam, Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley, Rey
Mysterio (single disc, but still has tons of matches).

You can view all the WWE DVD's here:

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...0&tiq=wwe&rg=A

And the older WWF titles can be viewed here:

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...0&tiq=wwf&rg=A
Old 09-23-05, 12:01 PM

The matches they used were not for burial. Hogan/Savage/Honky all elevated the oaf big time.
Old 09-23-05, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought the Ultimate Warrior DVD at WalMart this past Tuesday. Here are my favorite parts of the main feature:

-Talking about where "Parts Unknown" is located.

-The Ultimate Warrior interview showcase part of the show.

-Anything that Heenan or Mean Gene had to say! I loved hearing him tell the story about the Andre incident.

-Hogan talking about his match with Warrior at Halloween Havoc '98, including talking about, and really pointing out (even in slow motion), the fireball screwup. (Hogan totally admits that it was his fault, and that his own screwup ruined the match up. Everyone totally bashes this match, even Bishoff and Hogan himself, it's great to see, since Hogan almost never says anything bad about himself.)

I thought it was a great DVD, that didn't really say much of anything new, but it's all pretty much true. We've heard most, if not all, of what the wrestlers and guys say from other people like Meltzer over the years. At times while watching it, I just sat back and looked at it amazed. I couldn't believe that this was something that WWE actually put together, it's very weird.

It's not all bad either, most everyone pointed out some positives of the guy as well. I don't think Heenan ever did though, he just based the hell out of the guy. The Brain is still, and forever will be, gold!

I say pick this DVD up, it was well worth it to me.

The Jesse Ventura commentary is not included on this DVD by the way.

One of my favorite quotes from the DVD, it's not exact but you get the idea:

"We had to change his name. I mean, a DINGO Warrior? No one hardly knew what a dingo was in the first place, much less a dingo WARRIOR."

I also found an easter egg:

Go to the extras menu, then go to Warrior University and press right two times:

-It's the "Choose the path of the Warrior, The Journy Begins..." commercial about the blind black guy and another guy who almost ripped him off, but decided not to.

That's the only one I see on this DVD.
Old 09-23-05, 05:55 PM

I wouldn't call the Shawn Michaels DVDs "deluxe." HBK - the greatest there has EVER been (my opinion, of course), and he lost four years out of his prime because of his back - only has that craptastic From the Vault DVD, and some cheap Boyhood Dream one. If there's a wrestler around who needs a Special Edition of his own, it's Shawn Michaels.

They do that, a REAL nWo disc, History of the Four Horsemen, and a Chris Jericho 3-discer, and I'm happy.
Old 09-23-05, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I forgot that Wal-Mart usually carts out their new releases early. I may go check it out tonight if the mood strikes.
Old 09-27-05, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by tonymontana313
I've read that on other site as well that FYE has a bonus second disc. Does anyone know if it is available on the website or is this just a in store bonus?
Not sure if the bonus disc is available online, but I got this from lordsofpain.net -

The Ultimate Warrior DVD was officially released today and FYE retail stores have an exclusive second disc included in the Ultimate Warrior DVD package. Unfortunately, the exclusive second disc is pretty bare bones to say the least. Here are the matchlistings on this bonus DVD.

1. Warrior v. Hercules (Madison Square Garden, 4/25/88)

2. Warrior v. Sgt Slaughter (Saturday Night's Main Event, 4/27/91)

3. Warrior v. Macho Man Randy Savage (WWE Championship Match, Summerslam, 8/29/92)

Yes, that's the entire contents of the second DVD. Only three matches and nothing else. There are no extra interviews either, just those three matches.
Old 09-27-05, 09:20 PM

Jesse sure isn't on the WM 6 match, but he's on the WM18 version of the match they put out. This does not sound good for the impending WM boxsets...
Old 09-27-05, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Picked the Ultimate Warrior DVD at FYE and it does have a bonus disc and says Collectors Edition on the front as apposed to the one at Best Buy I saw which was only a single disc. I have watched up until the 1991 Summerslam part....pretty good so far. I was amazed about how many people bashed him, and it's great seeing Bobby Heenan talking a lot.
Old 09-28-05, 04:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This TNA Wrestling DVD Box Set Collection features TNA's acclaimed pay-per-view events "Victory Road," "Turning Point" and "Lockdown." Over 10 hours of total nonstop action! "Victory Road" - The one that started it all! TNA Wrestling's first three-hour Pay-Per-View event from November 2004 - featuring NWA World Heavyweight champion Jeff Jarrett defending the Gold against "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy, plus an X-Division Title Match between AJ Styles and Petey Williams, The Alpha Male vs. Raven vs. Abyss and so much more! "Turning Point" - Broadcast in December 2004, "Turning Point" featured a Six-Man Main Event spectacular with Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall vs. AJ styles, Jeff Hardy and "The Macho Man" Randy Savage! In addition, watch as America's Most Wanted faced Triple X inside the Six Sides Of Steel Cage with some of the most death-defying moves you will ever see in wrestling! "Lockdown" - It was the night TNA Wrestling went on Lockdown - Eight Big Steel Cage Matches on one TNA Pay-Per-View from April 2005! Regarded as the most barbaric night in TNA history, watch as Raven and Jeff Hardy clash in a Tables Match, plus a Number-One Contender's Match between AJ Styles and the monster Abyss in the unforgiving steel structure!

Last edited by turborobb; 09-28-05 at 04:19 AM.
Old 09-28-05, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know they may not be everyones favorite, but I really wish they would put out good The Rock and Stone Cold boxsets. I want Rocky to be apart of his set and if he gets too big or too busy to do it that would suck majorly. Same with SCSA. I want them to make one while he and the WWE are on good terms.

I'd also welcome a Goldberg set lampooning the dude like they did the Warrior. I drank that kool-aid while it was still new (and I do think he was exciting for a time) but boy, as soon as he started cutting promo's...so bad.

The only 2-3 disc sets I really want to own are a Jericho, Rocky, and Stone Cold set. The rest I'm ok with renting.
Old 09-28-05, 10:17 AM

I've got both Triple H sets along with the Shawn Michaels: FTV, Ric Flair and Chris Benoit sets.

The following are sets I'd really like to have.

Best of The Four Horsemen
Bret Hart
Sting
Best of DX
Steve Austin
Greatest Tag Team Matches
Kurt Angle
Another Shawn Michaels set
Another Ric Flair set with more promos
Old 09-28-05, 10:42 AM
Banned

Ultimate Warrior has posted on his webste a diatribe ripping apart the WWE and the release of the DVD. Here is the link:
http://ultimatewarrior.com/09.27.05DVDII.htm
Old 09-28-05, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
There are also two bonus features on disc 2. The first
is "Ultimate Impressions" in which current WWE
superstars do their best impersonation of Warrior. It
is sad to say the least - Benoit foams at the mouth
and yells at the top of his voice...HHH messes his
hair all up and pretends to be Warrior shaking the
ropes, and Batista ties some bootlaces around his arms
and talks to his hands. More insulting, there is a
"Warrior Calamaties" montage of times when Warrior has
made mistakes - slipping over, bloopers during
interviews, botched moves, etc.

I just bought the 2 disc set and all thats on disc two is 3 matches
Old 09-28-05, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by dx23
Ultimate Warrior has posted on his webste a diatribe ripping apart the WWE and the release of the DVD. Here is the link:
This guy needs help.
Old 09-28-05, 11:13 AM
Banned

I was a huge fan of the Ultimate Warrior wrestling character, but Jim Hellwig or Warrior, the name he legally change to, is a racist, homophobe and cruel man. The way he despicted Droz in his commentary, as a degenerate crippled and Todd Grisham, which he described as queer, says a lot about how unstable and closed minded this guy is. Warrior has become an rambling fool.
Old 09-28-05, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by turborobb
This TNA Wrestling DVD Box Set Collection features TNA's acclaimed pay-per-view events "Victory Road," "Turning Point" and "Lockdown." Over 10 hours of total nonstop action! "Victory Road" - The one that started it all! TNA Wrestling's first three-hour Pay-Per-View event from November 2004 - featuring NWA World Heavyweight champion Jeff Jarrett defending the Gold against "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy, plus an X-Division Title Match between AJ Styles and Petey Williams, The Alpha Male vs. Raven vs. Abyss and so much more! "Turning Point" - Broadcast in December 2004, "Turning Point" featured a Six-Man Main Event spectacular with Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall vs. AJ styles, Jeff Hardy and "The Macho Man" Randy Savage! In addition, watch as America's Most Wanted faced Triple X inside the Six Sides Of Steel Cage with some of the most death-defying moves you will ever see in wrestling! "Lockdown" - It was the night TNA Wrestling went on Lockdown - Eight Big Steel Cage Matches on one TNA Pay-Per-View from April 2005! Regarded as the most barbaric night in TNA history, watch as Raven and Jeff Hardy clash in a Tables Match, plus a Number-One Contender's Match between AJ Styles and the monster Abyss in the unforgiving steel structure!
6 disks of great wrestling action for $19!!! Can't go wrong!
Old 09-28-05, 12:37 PM

I was never a big Warrior fan, but yesterday I picked up the disc at Best Buy. Everyone just ganging up and bashing the guy (rightfully so in many cases) makes the Warrior come off sympathetic. If he sucked so bad and was a no talent why did you give him chance after chance? HHH said he was one of the most unprofessional people he ever worked with...but they don't have him explain why (I think it was because Warrior didn't want to lay out the match with HHH before WM and just expected HHH to sell and lay down for him). There were some interesting points in the feature, but it seemed like much of it was "comedy" filler. I think it was the weakest WWE profile DVD in a long time, since I think they've been on a roll with the HBK, Hogan, Flair, Foley etc. sets. Just seemed like sour grapes on the WWE's part with no counter points or rebutal from the Warrior.
Old 09-28-05, 12:57 PM
Cool New Member

I'm new here, but this thread caught my attention as I've been a big WWF fan since the 80s.

I just don't understand why the WWE released a DVD that buries one of their former top talents. It seems that he had some professional shortcomings, but why this release and why now?
Old 09-28-05, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by nygiantsfan
I'm new here, but this thread caught my attention as I've been a big WWF fan since the 80s.

I just don't understand why the WWE released a DVD that buries one of their former top talents. It seems that he had some professional shortcomings, but why this release and why now?
Well...Warrior is a REALLY special case. Like, you'll never see anything like him ever again.
Old 09-28-05, 01:06 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by robsul82
Well...Warrior is a REALLY special case. Like, you'll never see anything like him ever again.
I agree with you. But I don't understand why the WWF/E released it. It was poorly produced and makes the company come off in a bad light, IMO.
Old 09-28-05, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Holy crap. That.. is scary.
Old 09-28-05, 01:24 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
6 disks of great wrestling action for $19!!! Can't go wrong!

Ok so when and where is this available for $19. I am in if its true.

Greg
Old 09-28-05, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
wow
Old 09-28-05, 01:33 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Holy crap. That.. is scary.
At least he got the Mr. Stephanie McMahon part correct!
Old 09-28-05, 03:54 PM
Banned

Do you have the picture of the cover art for the collector's edition? Is the 2nd disc in a sleeve or a flipper?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.