Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Definitive List of exclusive bonus DVDs

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-05, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, Eric D!

I guess buying Stealth at Best Buy was the poorer choice. At the time I thought the bonus disc was the same as Circuit City which is further away and may be out of their bonus discs by now. Considering Best Buy didn't let me have the Madagascar lithograph because I pricematched, I'll probably end up returning both Stealth and Madagascar and getting them online at DDD for a little less. 20 minutes of bonus material is hardly worth bothering.

Last edited by Manzana; 11-20-05 at 11:10 AM.
Old 11-16-05, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Manzana
Of course I have to rent both movies FIRST to see if I like them as I think $14.99 is too much to risk on blind buys.
So you have to rent before you blind buy, thus bumping any potential purchases into the $17-20 range, after you factor in the price of the rental, right? I never rent, because that's like giving money away if you're going to buy the disc eventually. Just read a few reviews (from this site or others) and maybe check the rating on imdb. By doing a little research, you can see if the movie is to your liking without even seeing it, most of the time.
Old 11-16-05, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Shagrath, your comments are right except we pay closer to $1 each for a rental. Before renting I do read DVD reviews and try to get a general idea of comments on IMDB to see if I think I'd like the movie. That way I weed out most new releases and get it down to a couple possibilities per week, but even people's comments are no guarantee of anything.

Unfortunately I don't see any better strategy. Blind buying at $15 and then if I don't like the movie turning around and selling it for $5 (or hassling with eBay to get a few extra dollars) seems riskier.

Last edited by Manzana; 11-20-05 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-16-05, 09:04 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 683 Likes on 458 Posts
I'll save you the dollar of renting and say that Stealth was a pretty crappy movie.

I'll, of course, be buying two copies, one at BB and one at CC.
Old 11-16-05, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Cameron
Trevor...you slacking
Totally. But I have good excuses.

#1 - a new girlfriend

#2 - I'm too busy buying these exclusive discs to post about them. I'm almost serious. Today, I made the rounds looking for the new releases and found that Madagascar has 4 different exclusives! Four !
Old 11-17-05, 07:59 PM
Cool New Member

I just got Stealth from Best Buy today with the bonus disc, and on the way home stopped off my Circuit City to check out the Stealth Disc there.

Its in a seperate package labeled for $0.01 so i put the movie down picked up a 50 Cent movie preview disc aswell and tried to pay for them.

I cashier said i needed to buy the movie stealth to get it and i just stood there acting stupid, she looked at me scanned the 2 discs and just rang me up.

TOTAL $0.01

BEST DEAL IVE EVER GOTTEN

ps: i paid with a nickel and got 4 pennies back. Wierd feeling paying for DVD's with a nickel
Old 11-17-05, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have to try that this weekend!
Old 11-19-05, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not a bonus disc, per se, but I just saw on BestBuy.com that BB is going to have a free clip-on clock with purchase of 24 season 4.
Take a look
Old 11-20-05, 04:20 PM

BB has a bonus disc with Polar Express and Circuit City has a bonus disc with Aeon Flux (sp?), where BB only has a bonus cd for that one.
Old 11-20-05, 04:29 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Come again? I only see a bonus lithograph for THE POLAR EXPRESS at Best Buy--what bonus DVD are you taling about?
Old 11-20-05, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any news on what's on the War of the Worlds Wal-Mart disc? I'd be willing to buy the LE and wal-mart 1 disc and give the extra movie disc to someone else if there's anything new since I LOVED WOTW.
Old 11-20-05, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

yah...same...is it an extra disc for the 2 discer...making it THREE DISC

p.s. Trevor...send that new girlfriend looking for bonus disc...
Old 11-22-05, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

War of the Worlds Bonus Disc comes with ONLY Full Frame and includes a Pre-Visulation feature(from the 2-disc) and HBO First Look. There you have it it's packaged with only the full frame and is in it's own case title :War of the Worlds Bonus DVD.
Old 11-22-05, 08:13 PM

Season 6 of SEINFELD at Walmart had a Sticker on it saying there was a BONUS DISC. Anyone know what's on this disc?
Old 11-22-05, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TNAJason
War of the Worlds Bonus Disc comes with ONLY Full Frame and includes a Pre-Visulation feature(from the 2-disc) and HBO First Look. There you have it it's packaged with only the full frame and is in it's own case title :War of the Worlds Bonus DVD.
The WalMart near me has the WIDESCREEN version with the bonus disk along with the fullscreen version. FS outnumbers WS but it is there. Passed on the bonus disk since it was $6 more and the feature didn't seem that interesting.
Old 11-23-05, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
Come again? I only see a bonus lithograph for THE POLAR EXPRESS at Best Buy--what bonus DVD are you taling about?
It's a mini dvd like the one they had for Loony Tunes Back in Action, but I have only seen it with the single disc edition. I have no idea what's on it.

Edit: So on the issue of the War of the Worlds Walmart bonus disc, I already have the 2 disc limited edition. Is there anythig on the Walmart bonus disc that is not on the limited edition set?

Last edited by Eric D.; 11-23-05 at 06:48 PM.
Old 11-23-05, 07:08 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Originally Posted by Eric D.
Edit: So on the issue of the War of the Worlds Walmart bonus disc, I already have the 2 disc limited edition. Is there anythig on the Walmart bonus disc that is not on the limited edition set?
Apparently an HBO First Look featurette; I'd love to know if any trailers got snuck on this bonus disc like there were for the one provided with THE RING TWO...

Oh, and I've since discovered some things about the Best Buy POLAR EXPRESS bonus DVD--apparently it's only available with the single-disc editions and has a featurette (or featurettes) regarding the film's use of motion capture--now whether this is exclusive footage or just some of the stuff found on the 2-disc set, I have no idea...
Old 11-23-05, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There's a new website that tracks exclusive DVDs. It was mentioned on tvshowsondvd.com. For some reason, it's not allowing me to post the link.
Old 11-23-05, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,430 Likes on 4,397 Posts
I didn't get that Polar Express bonus (went with the 2-disc set), but that thing is tiny. I don't know how you'd play it if not using a portable DVD player.
Old 11-23-05, 09:14 PM
Banned

I was curious about the same thing...I thought it was a CD-ROM until I found out differently...
Old 11-23-05, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
DVD Fan Boy.com has a pretty extensive/detailed listing of every exclusive/bonus discs. It's a part of The Digital Bits.

Last edited by The Valeyard; 11-23-05 at 10:09 PM.
Old 11-27-05, 02:51 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I saw tons of Seinfeld bonus CD, free with purchase of Season 5 or 6 or the giftset. Not sure if it is a CD-ROM or an audio CD with some of his jokes from the show.
Old 11-27-05, 03:08 AM

For Seinfeld seasons 5 and 6, there are bonus DVDs for each at Wal-Mart, and a bonus separate exclusive CD at BB.

The packaging at BB indicates an exclusive CD, but I am fairly sure that it is the separately packaged CD, and not something inside the season sets.
Old 12-12-05, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

ok Trevor...we need updates...or this thread will turn out like the old thread

Wal Mart Gets a bonus disc for the island this coming week. Musicland (Suncoast, Sam Goody) have exclusive packaging for Sin City Recut.

Has to be some more out there after all the war of the worlds and fantastic four bonus disc. It may also be a good idea to link all the discussion on certain bonus disc that have been popping up.
Old 12-12-05, 09:00 PM

I have a huge pile of dozens of bags from the past 4 weeks, each with bonus discs from WM, BB, CC, or Target.

One day when I am actually home I'll post them all.

And yes, we should either link those other discussions or immediately steer them here.

Forgive me for my laziness lately, but I will update it soon, and keep it updated.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.