Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Which TV series will NEVER make it to DVD?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Which TV series will NEVER make it to DVD?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-07, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would love to see Rocko's Modern Life and Duckman on DVD. At least I already have all the episodes, so I guess I'll just be making my own.
Old 03-29-07, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by nateman241
me too, i know sometimes the older shows take longer to release but by this time there should be some news, even if its just rumours.
I was hoping it was going to be on the Magnum/A-Team schedule because Simon & Simon's first season came out with Magnum 5 and the final A-Team, but Magnum 6 has been out for a while now, and still no Simon & Simon news. Sucks!
Old 03-29-07, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Falcon Crest given how much time since that rumor was mentioned doesnt seem like it will happen.
Old 03-29-07, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Boomtown thing really pissed me off. Why couldn't they have released the complete series since Season 2 was only 6 episodes? I believe season 1 was only 18 episodes, so that would have been only 24 episodes total, which is normal for TV on DVD sets. Season 2 was short, but had some really compelling stories and I really liked the addition of Vanessa Williams as a new Detective.
oh,
Don't get me started on that. I was so mad lionsgate only released season one instead of a complete series set. The season one is is a great buy and is really well put together but why they didn't just include the 6 episodes that was season two is beyond me.
there are no plans to release those six episodes either which is a big let down.
Old 03-30-07, 07:55 AM
CTH

Get A Life - I read an interview with Chris Elliot where he thought we may be seeing these soon but that was over a year ago.

Last edited by CTH; 03-30-07 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-30-07, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
oh,
Don't get me started on that. I was so mad lionsgate only released season one instead of a complete series set. The season one is is a great buy and is really well put together but why they didn't just include the 6 episodes that was season two is beyond me.
there are no plans to release those six episodes either which is a big let down.
Yeah I don't know if NBC had a hand in that. I think Artisan tanked right when the second season was over, so that might be the cause of it. I grabbed s2 off of the net...HDTV rips, so they aren't too bad.

To add to my previous list, Third Watch. Don't know if that will come out in the US, it is overseas...but there are music edits.
Old 03-30-07, 09:21 PM

Yeah I don't know if NBC had a hand in that. I think Artisan tanked right when the second season was over, so that might be the cause of it. I grabbed s2 off of the net...HDTV rips, so they aren't too bad.

To add to my previous list, Third Watch. Don't know if that will come out in the US, it is overseas...but there are music edits.
theres another great show,
Third watch that hasn't had even one season released yet. i think A&E owns the rights to the show right now so like the homicide: LOTS ind. season sets they will be overpriced if they release TW, i would pay any amount as long as they release it.
hell i paid 80-100 bucks per season for the homicide dvds so i would for third watch as well- come on A&E!
Old 04-01-07, 09:31 AM

Well A&E and NBC are a part of the same company. However, I think WB produced Third Watch and I think they own the rights.
Old 04-01-07, 09:55 AM

I was quite happy to get Ned & Stacey, but it doesn't seem too likely that Sony's going to bother releasing the remaining episodes anytime soon, if ever...
Old 04-01-07, 10:01 AM
Cool New Member

How about Golden Palace and The 5 Mrs Buchanan? I loved them even though they were shortlived.
Old 04-01-07, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Cosmic Bus
I was quite happy to get Ned & Stacey, but it doesn't seem too likely that Sony's going to bother releasing the remaining episodes anytime soon, if ever...
Wasn't it essentially seen fit to release because of Thomas Haden Church's newfound fame with Sideways? He's in some little film this summer that I believe Sony owns, so maybe they'll tie it in with that (although it would be a stretch).
Old 04-01-07, 11:46 AM

That'd be a nice summer surprise, Drexl. Granted, the show goes off the rails somewhat at this point, but it's one of the few sitcoms outside of Seinfeld, CYE and Arrested Development that I genuinely loved watching.
Old 04-01-07, 02:46 PM

Dead at 21. Old MTV series that only lasted one season. Last I heard, it was problems with the music rights.
Old 04-01-07, 04:57 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

What about 'Two and A Half Men'? As far as I know there hasn't been any talk of a R1 release despite the fact that R2 already has Seasons 1 & 2.
Old 04-01-07, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by calhoun07
I bet the Weather Channel's "Weather on the 8's" will never make it to season sets on DVD.

Mmmm Sharon Resultan and Kristina Abernathy
Old 04-03-07, 07:53 AM

Speaking of MTV series, 3 South & The Head top my list.

And an update from my previous post, Third Watch is indeed owned by WB. It was released in the UK not too long ago, but there were some music changes. Which ones specifically I don't know.
Old 04-03-07, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I doubt this has been said already (I apologize if it has, but I'm not going through all sixteen pages while at work) but does anyone remember the short-lived "Stange Luck" starring DB Sweeny on FOX? I think it aired for one season before X-Files when it was on Fridays. I've been chasing this show for years and no one rememebers it. I remember loving the way that plots intertwined and I think there was even an over-arching mystery. In some ways I almost don't want to see it again because I was, like, twelve at the time and I'm afraid I've built it up in my head. Like when I tried to watch "Thundercats" a few years ago, and just thought, "My god, should have left this one in the "fondly remembered childhood" category. It'll never be out on DVD, but does anyone else even remember this one?

Doc
Old 04-03-07, 10:39 PM

How about Golden Palace and The 5 Mrs Buchanan? I loved them even though they were shortlived.
I am also waiting for the golden palace to come out on dvd, but didn't it air on CBS? if it did it might not be owned by disney.

Well A&E and NBC are a part of the same company. However, I think WB produced Third Watch and I think they own the rights.
Awww.... WB can be a bitch when it comes to releasing some sets, it took 2yrs for them to release the second season of without a trace because season 1 sales wern't good, well when you price it at 70bucks how do you think its going to sell?
Old 04-04-07, 12:29 AM

Dead at 21, I haven't thought of that show in a really long time. MTV is really bad about releasing their best shows, no The State, no The Head, no Maxx, but we get all 412 seasons of The Bam Maggerra Show that came out in the span of two years, (I'll never understand their idea of seasons, but also don't care)
Old 04-04-07, 10:19 AM

Awww.... WB can be a bitch when it comes to releasing some sets, it took 2yrs for them to release the second season of without a trace because season 1 sales wern't good, well when you price it at 70bucks how do you think its going to sell?
From what I heard that was a rights issue on top of the low sales.

For those of you interested (hmmm maybe I shouldn't post this...), but there are excellent The Maxx bootlegs on Bit Torrent networks. I got a copy and it is very very well done. Same goes for The Head.
Old 04-04-07, 10:24 AM

double dare
Old 04-04-07, 11:31 AM

I still have an old The Maxx video (wha?) that has all the episodes linked together so it sorta plays like a two hour movie, for OCD patients, becuase no idea lasts longer than 15 minutes. Really cool though.
Old 04-04-07, 11:18 PM

What about Kids Incorporated
Old 04-05-07, 07:29 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

I'm hoping it doesn't take them that long to release Season 3 of 'Without A Trace'. I bought season 1 on a blind buy when Amazon had it for $8.XX at the end of last year and would say that this was probably the best blind buy I've ever made. My wife and I got hooked on it and were relieved when S2 came out.

Strange thing is that S3 is already available on R2, so I guess I have that route to go should I need to if WB don't plan on releasing it any time soon.
Old 04-05-07, 07:54 AM

Received 112 Likes on 91 Posts
Enos

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.