Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Trouble Finding The Life Aquatic 2-Disc?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-05, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone else have trouble finding The Life Aquatic 2-Disc version on their local store shelves? I had to go to 4 different places before I finally found it. Circuit City had about 20 of the 1-discers and said they didn't get any 2-discers. Best Buy got some 2-discers, but by the time I got there at around 4PM on Tuesday, they'd sold them all. They had about 75 of the 1-discers, though. Sam's had 50+ of the 1-discers, but no 2-discers. Wal-Mart is where I finally found it, but they only had 6 (5 now) to 50+ of the 1-discers. I paid $21.59 for it at Wal-Mart, which I'm happy with. It just seems to me that, at least in my area, the 2-Disc version is quite rare right now. Does anybody know the production ratio on the two versions?
Old 05-11-05, 01:56 PM

I went to Target to see which version they carried (It wasnt specified in the Weekly ad) but they only carried the 1-Disc version. I didnt feel like going all the way down to Best Buy so I tried Wal-Mart, and after looking through about a Million 1-Discer's, I found a few 2-Discs...So in other words I didnt have alot of trouble finding it, but then again I didnt look at alot of stores...So in other words, I have no answer to your question :P
Old 05-11-05, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looked like there were about 80 copies at wal-mart today when i stopped in (about 25% were two discs).

Stupid non chubby cases.
Old 05-11-05, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
CC told me that they only received like 5 copies of the 2-discer and tons of the 1 disc set. I really dont see why there are 2 versions of this anyway. Why not just make the 2 disc set and split the difference in purchase price?
Old 05-11-05, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Went to one store, Wal-Mart. Found it with no problem. Seemed ridiculous though that the 2 disc was only $2 higher that the 1 disc. Why would anyone not pay the extra 2 bucks?
Old 05-11-05, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Best Buy didn't have any. Though, I had no plans on buying it. I did find Hoop Dreams and left a happy camper.