Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

20+ images from "Scrubs" DVD

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-05, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
20+ images from "Scrubs" DVD

Not trying to spam but thought the Scrubs fans here would like to see the images we added. We posted over 20 images from the DVD release. Screen shots, cover, back, inside, etc.

over at zach-braff.com
Old 04-22-05, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Took the survey and got...bupkus. Still getting the set though!
Old 04-22-05, 11:52 PM

So you have to remove one disc to get to the other?

Don't get me wrong, I think Scrubs is one of the best tv shows out there, I'm just disappointed in the DVD package so far. Bad cover art, and an extra-inconvenient digipak? At least I can count on the contents of the DVDs.

BTW, Thanks for posting this, Orac.

Last edited by sleep; 04-22-05 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-23-05, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
awsome stuff. thanks
Old 04-23-05, 12:30 AM
Banned

thanks, scrubs is my favorite show but the dvd presentation is horrible in every way :\
Old 04-23-05, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by sleep
So you have to remove one disc to get to the other?

Don't get me wrong, I think Scrubs is one of the best tv shows out there, I'm just disappointed in the DVD package so far. Bad cover art, and an extra-inconvenient digipak? At least I can count on the contents of the DVDs.

BTW, Thanks for posting this, Orac.
These stacked DVD cases are the worse idea in DVDs since Snappers or DIVX. The need to smarten up and turn away from this awful idea.
Old 04-23-05, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

All I want to know is if all of the original music is still intact. Please, if you can, shed some light on this.
Old 04-23-05, 07:41 AM

I am not sure about the original music, I never seen the first season. maybe if i knew what songs to look for. The theme song plays during the meuns. The layout of the menus is great and easy to get around.
Old 04-23-05, 09:36 AM

Forgot to add that you can remove disc 2, without removing disc 1
doesn't look like it but you can. Click it and slide it up.
Old 04-29-05, 05:13 PM
SvenL

Any news on the music?
Old 04-29-05, 05:15 PM
SvenL

http://www.tvtome.com/Scrubs/season1.html

lists all the songs used.
Old 04-30-05, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
thanks!

:buford:
Old 04-30-05, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Over at the HTF, someone had some quotes from a Scrubs website stating that some music was changed. It may be false, and I hope to believe it is until someone finally resolves the issue by actually checking the early set they have.

Plus, IGN posted a review of the set. Outside of the unknown music changes and the fact that it's 3 discs and not 4, it sounds pretty good.
Old 04-30-05, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Ick ... that is a nasty case design.Why do they torture us when all we show them is love?
Old 04-30-05, 04:08 PM

The audio is serviceable. Everything is easy to hear, voices are clean, the goofy sound effects are well-mixed and they got lucky and were able to license all of the music used in the show. I suppose with all the slapstick there was some potential for surround sound action, but we don't really get it. Still, the audio gets the job done.
http://dvd.ign.com/articles/608/608305p2.html
Old 04-30-05, 09:04 PM

From the same review, Also, there are no chapter breaks in the episodes. Each one is a single chapter.
Ugh.
Old 05-01-05, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by D.Zero
From the same review, Also, there are no chapter breaks in the episodes. Each one is a single chapter.
Ugh.
so you need chapter stops in the middle of a 20-22 minute episode?

if you dont have the time to sit thru a single episode, maybe you shouldn't be watching it.
Old 05-01-05, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by pdinosaur
so you need chapter stops in the middle of a 20-22 minute episode?
if you dont have the time to sit thru a single episode, maybe you shouldn't be watching it.
A chapter stop right after the title sequence is always nice, so you don't have to watch it 22 times if your blasting through the whole set in a weekend.

Scrubs' title sequence is so short it's less of a problem than usual.

There are other ways in which chapters are useful for navigating around the disc, and it's just lazy to omit them.

And you know, if you haven't really thought about something, maybe you shouldn't be posting about it.

RichC
Old 05-01-05, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rdclark
A chapter stop right after the title sequence is always nice, so you don't have to watch it 22 times if your blasting through the whole set in a weekend.

Scrubs' title sequence is so short it's less of a problem than usual.

There are other ways in which chapters are useful for navigating around the disc, and it's just lazy to omit them.

And you know, if you haven't really thought about something, maybe you shouldn't be posting about it.

RichC
hmm. good point about the title sequence. stops in the middle tho i think are kind of silly. at some point you're almost asking to have a way to input the exact frame you want to see first.
Old 05-01-05, 03:17 PM

pdinosaur: You forget that very often when people own DVDs, they've already seen what's on them, and sometimes they remember a certain line or scene, and want to have a fast way to zip right to it. Having multiple chapter stops within a TV episode is hardly a frivolity for this reason. Most anime episodes are broken up as follows, and it's a good model to follow:

1 - Opening (sometimes 2 chapters if there's a pre-title sequence)
2 - First half of show
3 - Second half of show
4 - Ending credits
5 - Next episode preview

Why are all these necessary? Well, it's good to have (2) so you can skip past the opening after you've already seen it 10 times. It's good to have (3) to be able to skip to that part of the episode quickly, whether you want to rewatch or look for a specific scene, or if you're resuming an interrupted viewing after which the disc had been removed (thus losing the player's memory of where exactly you were). (4) is nice if you're one of those people who wants to actually learn something about the cast and crew behind an episode. And (5) is nice if you want to quickly skip watching the ending credits but are curious about what's coming the next episode.

It's not hard to add chapter stops--the DVD designers don't need to add chapter selection menus for them to be functional--and they are quite useful. Neglecting to include them is a rather poor decision/oversight.
Old 05-01-05, 03:33 PM

I think, at minimum, there should be chapter stops where the commercials were so you could skip to the next segment.
Old 05-03-05, 06:55 AM

Just Read The Review

Disappointed that some music isnt in it. Which episode(s) was Five for Fighting in?