I Have the Power! He-Man Comes to DVD This Summer/Fall

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

I Have the Power! He-Man Comes to DVD This Summer/Fall

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-05, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now that I went out and bought this today, let me just confirm that the extras on here won't be repeated on the season sets that i'm definitely getting..

right?
Old 07-14-05, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Rogue588
Now that I went out and bought this today, let me just confirm that the extras on here won't be repeated on the season sets that i'm definitely getting..

right?
That's what I'm hearing so far.
Old 07-14-05, 10:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Quack
http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3689

cover art for first season along with some more info...
Oh darn...beat me to it.
Old 07-15-05, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cameron
i had a MOTU vhs tape when i was a kid that had still pictures and voiceovers....have no idea what that was....but if anyone can direct me to it, then i'd like the help
Oh, I had one of those two. Um... I want to say that they're Golden Book videos.

Originally Posted by Rogue588

right?
Correct.
Old 07-15-05, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Cameron
i had a MOTU vhs tape when i was a kid that had still pictures and voiceovers....have no idea what that was....but if anyone can direct me to it, then i'd like the help
I too had one of these and it was creepy as all hell. I remember being scared to death of it as a child because they played creepy music and the characters didn't move...weird
Old 07-16-05, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
My friend owns the company that designed the packaging.

You're right, it is some of the best DVD packaging I've seen lately.
Just got the set yesterday, and was most impressed by the packaging. Big props to your friend and the company for a job beautifully done.

The content looks good so far. I did notice a minor problem with the video when He-Man aims his sword at Cringer and turns him into Battle Cat. I think the bright light that shimmers around Battle Cat after his transformation stresses the compression. The picture is very blocky until the scene changes.

I agree that the voice-over was way over the top, but that may have been intentional. This is an '80s show, after all. I was surprised by the writer discussing his work on Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter. This is a show for children, and he's talking about a machete slicing into Jason's head. Seems inappropriate.

Anyway, great set. I hope there are interviews with the cast in later sets. I would love to hear a few words from the voice talent--and see the faces behind the voice talent. Maybe they did speak here, and I have yet to find them.

--THX
Old 07-16-05, 10:19 AM

This is truely a great set. The picture quality is beautiful, and as others have said, the packaging is something to behold. I can't wait for BCI to release the season sets and The Christmas Special where He-man meets She-ra! I too would love a DvdTalk review of this.

Now we can all have the power.
Old 07-16-05, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 218 Likes on 156 Posts
When the titles come up during the opening the dates/copyritght info on the bottom is partially cut-off. Is it like this for anyone else?
Old 07-16-05, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
glad to see the season 1 set coming right along...wish i could get my hands on the golden books stuff on dvd...it was a freak show
Old 07-16-05, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Artman
When the titles come up during the opening the dates/copyritght info on the bottom is partially cut-off. Is it like this for anyone else?
Noticed the same thing, yes. As if the opening titles are framed a bit low on the screen. Maybe it was like that when the show was originally aired. Not sure. Have a bunch of them on old VHS tapes (recorded from Fox), so I could find out.

--THX
Old 07-16-05, 08:16 PM
Cool New Member

I picked this up on release day & am VERY impressed. Kudos on a job well done, BCI. I don't see myself picking up the season sets though. A couple episodes here & there are enough for me...same for Transformers & GI Joe.
Old 07-16-05, 10:21 PM
Banned

Haven't picked one up yet, may go to Wal Mart in the next couple of days to see if they have any.

I'll be getting my 6" staction figures pretty soon too. I'll post some pics of them when I get'em set up. Haven't decided which shelf I'm gonna put them on yet. Probably depends on exactly how tall they are.