Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Battlestar Galactica...when?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-06, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Originally Posted by nemein
W/ the number of threads around here complaining about studios "forcing" double-dips on us I think it's fair odds they may do something like this. Even if it is just a repack of the existing sets that's preferred IMHO.
And I've asked in previous BSG threads for examples of other studios that have released a part of a season (not a "best of" either), and then later released a "complete" season, forcing a double dip of the first part of the season, and I've yet to receive an answer. I just don't see it on TV shows to be honest.

A repack is the only thing I see happening, and (while it may provide a price break), I get the feeling folks are expecting additional extras and I don't see that happening as the current sets are fairly good. I'm perfectly happy foregoing any future pricebreak to get these DVDs now personally.
Old 09-18-06, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't mind if it's just a simple repack of the 2 sets into 1 but I'm going to hold out until some form of a complete season happens. It might be irrational but it just bugs me to have the season split up into 2.0 and 2.5. There's enough other TV on DVD that's on my wish list that little things like that can push a show to the end of that list (same thing with the Family Guy Volume 3 set, although that's even less likely to ever be rereleased).
Old 09-18-06, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WallyOPD
I don't mind if it's just a simple repack of the 2 sets into 1 but I'm going to hold out until some form of a complete season happens. It might be irrational but it just bugs me to have the season split up into 2.0 and 2.5.
I can't imagine any studio would not put entire Season in one box, even if it's same content. Probably would be a little cheaper sets than buying two too. Just wait if you can hold out.
Old 09-19-06, 11:26 AM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Remember Universal did it with Northern Exposure. Seasons 1 & 2 (which are mini or half seasons) were combined into one box to create a "full season" at a lower cost than the "half" seasons.
Old 09-19-06, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by leacha
Remember Universal did it with Northern Exposure. Seasons 1 & 2 (which are mini or half seasons) were combined into one box to create a "full season" at a lower cost than the "half" seasons.
Were there extras on the "half" sets? The BSG ones have both had commentaries, featurettes and deleted scenes, so it's not a "barebones>loaded edition" situation in this case.
Old 09-19-06, 05:35 PM
Cool New Member

Did anyone pick up season 2.5 today at best buy and get a bonus disc? I went to my local store (canadian) and there were no stickers or anything. They insisted the disc was inside.
Old 09-19-06, 05:53 PM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by milo bloom
Were there extras on the "half" sets?
Yes, Deleted scences, etc.
Old 09-19-06, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by stolen_property
Did anyone pick up season 2.5 today at best buy and get a bonus disc? I went to my local store (canadian) and there were no stickers or anything. They insisted the disc was inside.

There was a sticker on mine, and the disc inside.
Old 09-19-06, 06:37 PM
Cool New Member

Milo, where was the disc? On the back of the packaging or actually inside the package?

Thanks
Old 09-19-06, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sticker on the front, and I could see a white paper sleeve stuck behind the 3rd slim case and the back of the box. It is physically inside the box.
Old 09-19-06, 07:46 PM

I purchased BSG 2.5 this evening at my local Best Buy and there were exactly 3 left that had the bonus DVD. They had the stickers on the front. The other 8 copies had no sticker and no visible bonus DVD.

On a separate note, there were TONS of the Star Wars Trilogy tins. I know that some people were having difficulty finding those last week. They must have restocked.
Old 09-19-06, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none to be found at my local best buy (all on the shelves and out front were without the sticker). however, i counted at least 20 star wars tins.
Old 09-19-06, 08:25 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks guys,

I went back to customer service and I was told by the manager with a straight face that the bonus disc was disc three from the set. After arguing for a while I got them to call another store which said they had a box of the bonus discs and they are giving them out at the cashier with purchase of the box set. Once again the employee told me that the bonus was disc three and that I already had it. You must love people that know they are right even when they are wrong.
Old 09-19-06, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It was in a white envelope crammed inside the box. We're going to have to get somebody to make a custom cover for it's own case or something.

It also comes with a BSG CCG card, I got Apollo, anyone else?
Old 09-20-06, 07:18 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Any news if/when they will release all of S2 as one set???
Old 09-20-06, 08:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Right now it's just speculation that they will do it at all.
Old 09-22-06, 11:29 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
FYI, if you can't find the Battlestar 2.5 bonus disc at BB and really want it, it is also in some packages of the BB exclusive (for now?) Sc-Fi set that just came out this week.
Old 09-23-06, 08:48 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
The same BSG disc is also in some boxes of the Roar Complete Series at BB.
Old 03-06-07, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

09-17-06 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by milo bloom
And I've asked in previous BSG threads for examples of other studios that have released a part of a season (not a "best of" either), and then later released a "complete" season, forcing a double dip of the first part of the season, and I've yet to receive an answer. I just don't see it on TV shows to be honest.

A repack is the only thing I see happening, and (while it may provide a price break), I get the feeling folks are expecting additional extras and I don't see that happening as the current sets are fairly good. I'm perfectly happy foregoing any future pricebreak to get these DVDs now personally.
I called it:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6993

2.0 and 2.5 shrinkwrapped together.