Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Simpsons Star Wars DVD (merged w/ Bart Wars thread)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Simpsons Star Wars DVD (merged w/ Bart Wars thread)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-05, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Simpsons Star Wars DVD

From DVD answers

Title: Simpsons: Bart Wars
Starring: N/A (Animation)
Released: 17th May 2005
SRP: $14.98

Further Details
Fox Home Entertainment has announced Simpsons: Bart Wars which includes four hilarious episodes that reference the popular Star Wars franchise. Includes will be Dog of Death, Marge Be Not Proud, Secret War of Lisa Simpsons and Mayored to the Mob. Each episode will be presented in 1.33:1 full frame along with English, Spanish and French Dolby Surround tracks. Also included will be a Making of Bart Wars: The Simpsons Strike Back featurette. You'll be able to own this one from the 17th May, priced at around $14.98. Fox hasn't yet made available the final artwork, but we'll bring you that very shortly.

Last edited by Cameron; 02-03-05 at 10:56 PM.
Old 02-03-05, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I find it interesting that Marge Be Not Proud never made its way to one of the two Simpsons' christmas discs (happens to be my favorite christmas episode from the series).
Old 02-03-05, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What references did those episodes make? I dont rmember them being as such... it must be just very quick references or Im really not remembering what happened.

Dog of Death was the one where Mr Burns got Santa's Little Helper after running away?
Marge Not Be Proud, I dont remember
Secret War of Lisa was the one she joined the military camp, right?

Mayor to the Mob is the only one I know that had Mark Hamill... didint it?
Old 02-03-05, 11:37 PM

Some possible cover art, perhaps?

Old 02-03-05, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan
What references did those episodes make? I dont rmember them being as such... it must be just very quick references or Im really not remembering what happened.

Dog of Death was the one where Mr Burns got Santa's Little Helper after running away?
Marge Not Be Proud, I dont remember
Secret War of Lisa was the one she joined the military camp, right?

Mayor to the Mob is the only one I know that had Mark Hamill... didint it?
Marge Be Not Proud is the one where Bart gets caught shoplifting.

I don't remember any SW references in any of those first 3 eps (Mayored to the Mob has the obvious Hamill guest spot).
Old 02-03-05, 11:57 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sounds good, the episode with Hamil was pretty funny.
Old 02-03-05, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Lucas gonna sue someone!
Old 02-04-05, 12:00 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Lucas gonna sue someone!
Either that, or he'll go back and change some of the episodes.
Old 02-04-05, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Fox owns the simpsons...fox does the distribution for star wars....coming out around episode 3 hype time....see where this is going

what was the episode where they go see the prequel and its a big political satire and they go to wine country and lisa gives him the great speech???

the Lucas charachter then rides off on a taun taun
Old 02-04-05, 12:58 AM
Banned

I love the Marge be not Proud eps. Its my fav. x-mas eps. I will definitely pick this up.
Old 02-04-05, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally Posted by Cameron
Fox owns the simpsons...fox does the distribution for star wars....coming out around episode 3 hype time....see where this is going
thank you, captain of the obvious.
Old 02-04-05, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

your welcome corporal of the sarcasm...
Old 02-04-05, 03:47 AM
Banned

Simply fantastic! This is like geek overload! Simpsons + Star Wars + DVD =
Old 03-15-05, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 03-15-05, 08:23 PM
Banned

awesome, going on the want list..
Old 03-15-05, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

as if I needed another reason to buy a Simpson DVD
Old 03-16-05, 01:46 AM

Man what a consumer rip off gimmick....
Old 03-16-05, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

...thank god as an educated consumer, you can avoid it no problem. Thank god for a free market!
Old 03-16-05, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have the UK VHS of this - Mayored To The Mob (the one with Mark Hamill) is great, but thats the only Star Wars episode there? I think its' because on the VHS there's a "Star Wars Simpsons moments" reel..., it only last about 2 minutes or something.

Actually Lucas is referred to as Lucas in the Mark Hamill episode.
Mayor: Quick use your llightsabre!
Mark: And break it? George Lucas makes me pay for these!

From "Dog of Death"

Marge: Homer youre going to have to give up beer for a while. Bart [this is obviously fake] YOU'LL HAVE TO GIVE UP YOUR JEDI MIND CONTROL LESSONS.
Bart: No I wont.
Marge: No you wont.

From "Lisa's Rival"

Skinner (looking at Raloh's "diorama"): Pre-packaged Star Wars characters still in their display box? Its Luke.. and Obi-Wan! And my favorite Chewie, they're ALL HERE!

Last edited by grim_tales; 03-16-05 at 03:13 AM.
Old 03-16-05, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by grim_tales
From "Lisa's Rival"

Skinner (looking at Raloh's "diorama"): Pre-packaged Star Wars characters still in their display box? Its Luke.. and Obi-Wan! And my favorite Chewie, they're ALL HERE!
Wrong episode.

"The Secret War of Lisa Simpson" is this one (finale season8):
Bart's class goes to the police station on a field trip and while he is there, he just can't resist pulling a prank; meanwhile, Lisa's class is not challenging for her at all. Chief Wiggum meets with the Homer and Marge and recommends military school for Bart. Homer and Marge tell Bart they are going to Disneyland, but trick him and take him to military school. Bart does not want to be there from the get-go, but Lisa sees the discipline the cadets receive and decides to stay there with Bart. She is the first female ever to join the academy, so she gets a hard time from the other cadets. Bart starts to fit in after a while, and tries to keep the fact that he cares about her a secret. A final challenge awaits Bart and Lisa; they must pass a physical test called "The Eliminator". Bart helps Lisa to train in secret and when they both pass, they go home.(IMDB)

Very weak selection for a "theme" IMO. And I thought those South Park collections were pushing things with DVDs like "Timmy!"

What SHOULD be on there is "Co-Dependent's Day":
Homer, Lisa and Bart get tickets for the latest chapter of "Cosmic Wars." The movie wasn't what they hoped it would be. Marge suggests that the kids write a letter expressing their dissatisfaction to creator Randall Curtis. Two weeks later when they get a stock letter in reply and they ask if they can go to the "Cosmic Wars Ranch" and complain in person. The family (sans Maggie) goes to Northern California. While Marge and Homer go on a winery tour, Bart and Lisa go to the ranch to find the creator and make their feelings known. After Bart and Lisa have their meeting with Curtis they rejoin their parents, who they find are both drunk on free samples they had at the winery. Marge and Homer are really enjoying their wine together, but following one their nights of drinking Marge finds her with a hangover. They agree that she can stop drinking and they can still have fun together. They go to Oktoberfest and Marge almost gets away with not drinking, but drink she does and they both leave the drunk, with Homer driving. After he drives their car off the road, Homer decides to make it look like Marge (who is somewhat passed out) was behind the wheel. The police arrest Marge; Homer is nowhere to be found at the time and he later bails her out. Barney suggests a rehab clinic for Marge to start attending. Homer finds out that Marge is going to be gone for a month, he asks Flanders to watch the kids while he goes to break her out of rehab. He finds her and confesses his guilt, which makes her angry and she starts drinking again. After some heavy drinking, Marge realizes that it isn't drinking that she liked; it was being together with Homer. She gets Homer and together they leave, after Homer promises to cut out drinking all clear liquors. (IMDB)

Last edited by rfduncan; 03-16-05 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-16-05, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by emhello
Man what a consumer rip off gimmick....
I don't think so...I think there are some people who want a few episodes here and there, like the halloween, or christmas episodes, but could care less about owning full season sets...I have all the seasons out so far, and still have bought the xmas and halloween disc...

I don't mind doubling up when it could be years before i see these on season sets...
Old 03-16-05, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey rfduncan I know that "Lisa's Rival" is not in this set (it is in the "Sex, Lies and the Simpsons set), I meant that Lisa's Rival is the episode that Skinner/Diorama clip is from (featured in the star wars references at the start of Bart Wars). Right at the end you can hear Ralph say "I beat the smart kids.. I beat the smart kids.. (falls over) - I bent my Wookie!"
Old 04-28-05, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Review by Ian Jane At DVD Talk Is up

Old 04-29-05, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think I like the "possible cover art" better.
Old 04-29-05, 04:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Very similar to the art on the UK tape then (Bart Wars: The Simpsons Strike Back)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.