Reload this Page >

A Few Questions About Monkees DVDs

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 02-01-05, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

A few weeks ago there was a documentary on PBS about the Monkees that I missed. I really wanted to see it, but PBS doesn't even have it on their site as one of their programs. So I was wondering if anyone knew if it was the special "Hey, Hey, We're the Monkees" that is on DVD.

If so, and even if not, can someone tell me the difference between these two DVDs.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=UTF8&v=glance

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=UTF8&v=glance

I would like to see this if it is the PBS thing or not. But I'm not even sure exactly what it is. If anyone out there has seen this, please let me know!
Old 02-01-05, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I taped the Hey Hey We're The Monkees documentary back in 1997 when it aired on the Disney Channel. It's a very good doc which fortunately has everyone's participation (probably because it promoted their "Justus" reunion album). I'd recommend it to any Monkees fan. I have no idea what they showed on PBS (I didn't catch it) but if that was the same doc then get it. I didn't know it was now available dosmetically.