Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

What are the chances Toy Story will be re-released soon?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 01-31-05, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ask this becuase I love my Toy Story Ultimate Box set because I am kid at heart and it just a great set BUT I was offerd $100 for it. Would any of you sell it or see it coming back out with the rumors awhile back that there will be another one?
Old 01-31-05, 04:20 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wouldn't sell it, but you'd think they'd have another release for the new format.
Old 01-31-05, 04:24 PM

I have 3 sets and I still wouldn't sell them even if I was offered $100 each for all of them.
Old 01-31-05, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by KKnight
I have 3 sets and I still wouldn't sell them even if I was offered $100 each for all of them.
There's a difference between collecting and hoarding.
Old 01-31-05, 04:46 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They will. You are talking about Di$ney here.
Old 01-31-05, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'll gladly sell mine to the first 5 grand that is offered.
Old 01-31-05, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
The 1st one is collecting.

The 2nd one is like a lot of things I buy, I often buy a backup copy which sometimes I guess at times pointless. It however does make me feel better knowing there's always a backup should anything happens. Guess I got this from having to backup computer files all the time.

The 3rd one was the result of back when I was single and crazily collecting and visiting stores whenever I get a chance. It was on sale and I guess I wasn't really thinking.

Not only am I not doing that now (or ever), I hardly even buy a copy unless the movie is amazing to me (i.e. LOTR) As to why I won't sell the copies, well I don't think I've gotten to the stage when I can sell off my collections even though I have lots of backup copies of movies that now I wonder why I even bought them at the first place. Secondly, it's too much hassle to sell them (don't wanna bother dealing with possible scams). And finally, it's gonna give me a trauma

Last edited by KKnight; 01-31-05 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-31-05, 05:11 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 888 Likes on 751 Posts
The 1st one is collecting.

The 2nd one is like a lot of things I buy, I often buy a backup copy which sometimes I guess at times pointless. It however does make me feel better knowing there's always a backup should anything happens. Guess I got this from having to backup computer files all the time.

The 3rd one was the result of back when I was single and crazily collecting and visiting stores whenever I get a chance. It was on sale and I guess I wasn't really thinking.

Not only am I not doing that now (or ever), I hardly even buy a copy unless the movie is amazing to me (i.e. LOTR) As to why I won't sell the copies, well I don't think I've gotten to the stage when I can sell off my collections even though I have lots of backup copies of movies that now I wonder why I even bought them at the first place. Secondly, it's too much hassle to sell them (don't wanna bother dealing with possible scams). And finally, it's gonna give me a trauma
that is the dumbest thing i ever did hear. sell it to me at retail, no hassle. no fuss, no waiting.
Old 01-31-05, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
that is the dumbest thing i ever did hear. sell it to me at retail, no hassle. no fuss, no waiting.
Send a international money order in the amount of US $500 to this address: 401 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC and once I get it, the 3rd copy will be off to you.
Old 01-31-05, 05:24 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Send a international money order in the amount of US $500 to this address: 401 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC and once I get it, the 3rd copy will be off to you.
You forgot to include the postal code Is that the address for Virgin Records?
Old 01-31-05, 05:24 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 888 Likes on 751 Posts
uh ok, the check's in the mail. hold your breath and it will be right there.
Old 01-31-05, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
uh ok, the check's in the mail. hold your breath and it will be right there.
Secondly, it's too much hassle to sell them (don't wanna bother dealing with possible scams).
"EXACTLY" my point.
Old 01-31-05, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Fok
You forgot to include the postal code Is that the address for Virgin Records?
Spoiler:
Seattle's Best Coffee
Evil empire that has me hooked.
Old 01-31-05, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's possible that they'll rerelease them since Toy Story 3 got approved. So I'll say when 3 comes out the first 2 be back on dvd again
Old 01-31-05, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by darkhawk
It's possible that they'll rerelease them since Toy Story 3 got approved. So I'll say when 3 comes out the first 2 be back on dvd again
That was my thought exactly . . . I'd put money on a trilogy set being released.
Old 01-31-05, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,286 Likes on 935 Posts
There's a story just out that they're having a hard time finding a director. No one seems to want to do it. Plus it's doubtful that Hanks will participate.
Old 01-31-05, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by TomOpus
There's a story just out that they're having a hard time finding a director. No one seems to want to do it. Plus it's doubtful that Hanks will participate.
The way Tom Hanks has struggled in his worst year for movies, he needs a come back.

The Polar Express was good but it's not The Incredibles or Shrek 2
Old 01-31-05, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Out of curiousity, what makes the Ultimate Toy Box so good?

Obviously, I don't have it, but I have both movies. Is it just a lot of extras that aren't found anywhere else?

Stew
Old 01-31-05, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

third disc full of extras and pixar shorts....i have both singles...lost my toy box, didn't have the cash to get it again before it was vaulted.
Old 01-31-05, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The way Tom Hanks has struggled in his worst year for movies, he needs a come back.

The Polar Express was good but it's not The Incredibles or Shrek 2
I thought "The Terminal" was a great movie and a great performance by Hanks.
Old 01-31-05, 10:29 PM

I have the Toy Box, single DVDS, double pack, DTS laserdisc, DD laserdisc, and both US&Japan box sets. I would hold onto the box set.
Old 02-01-05, 01:08 AM

Yep I am going to hold on to it being no one as said they would get rid of it. $100 is tempting but my Disney collection would be empty without it.
Old 02-01-05, 05:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by WOLFie
I ask this becuase I love my Toy Story Ultimate Box set because I am kid at heart and it just a great set BUT I was offerd $100 for it. Would any of you sell it or see it coming back out with the rumors awhile back that there will be another one?

I would hold onto your set....most likely you will see an HD release of these movies in the future but who knows how long that may be. Toy Story 1 and 2 are too good to be without for any period of time. If you are that hard up for $100.00, work some overtime this week and earn yourself some extra cash.
Old 02-01-05, 06:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
You got to hand it to Di$ney (always wanted to use the $ sign ), they have everyone by the short and curlies with thier Vault idea.
Old 02-01-05, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Do you also not like people "hoarding" comics, stamps, baseball cards, Lladro figures or toy trains? People buy for collectibility and you can bet your ass Disney is COUNTING on him and others buying 3 copies. There is no right to own a dvd forever or always have it available at a great price in the store.

I missed the original Star Wars figures from 1977. Any "hoarders" have them at the original $2.99 price? Damn people bought them all.

Bottom line is this. You buy anything in this world while it is "in stock" or "in print". There is no going back in time. He supported the economy by buying 3 copies. Copies were available by the million. I just hate when people get mad about the collecting side of dvds or some high dvd prices on things that are out of print. Keep them, sell them and use that money in the economy. This is a free market (I thought).

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.