Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

"Lost" George Romero O.J. Simpson Documentary found!

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-05, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, I guess it hasn't really been lost. It's been on DVD for a few years now. I just didn't know it.

The film is called, "O.J. Simpson -Juice On The Loose" and runs just over 47 minutes.

There is a catch though...to own this "lost" George Romero documentary (One in a series of mid-70's sports documentaries George Romero and Laurel Productions partner Richard Rubinstein produced called "The Winners") you must purchase the awful Pauly Shore film/DVD, "The Bogus Witch Project".

I found this link on the DVD REVIEW.COM hidden features page.
I ordered the disc at a good price (Under $10 on the Amazon Marketplace) and popped it in right away when it arrived. And just like a miracle...it's there!

Here's how to access it after you get a hold of copy of "The Bogus Witch Project" DVD:

The Bogus Witch Project
Trimark Home Video has hidden an interesting hidden feature on their release of the horror spoof 'The Bogus Witch Project.'

From the disc's main menu go to the 'Scene Selections' which will take you to a menu transition that is a passage in the woods. As the flashlight looks around, on the left side of the screen you can see a figure peeking out from behind a tree. This figure is visible during the transition, before you actually reach the actual scene selections! Once you see the figure, hit '32' and then 'Enter' on your remote control and you are treated to an OJ Simpson football documentary which of all things was directed by George Romero! This feature comes up only the first time you enter the scene selections from the main menu, so if you miss it, you will have take the disc out of your player and then retry again.

I'm glad to add this to my George Romero collection. I hope that other episodes of "The Winners" documentaries surface in the future.
Still hoping the Blue Underground "Season Of The Witch"/"There's Always Vanilla" double feature is on the way this fall.

Enjoy the film!

Zombie67

Last edited by Zombie67; 01-31-05 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-31-05, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That sounds like the weirdest, longest, and most unrelated easter egg to ever wind up on a DVD.
Old 01-31-05, 04:37 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
the awful Pauly Shore film/DVD
That's redundant.

Last edited by Eric F; 01-31-05 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-31-05, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 349 Posts
Oh. I read too fast and thought O.J. was gonna be a zombie on Lost.
Old 01-31-05, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wonder if O.J would kill Pauly Shore in a jelous rage?
Old 01-31-05, 11:17 PM

Still hoping the Blue Underground "Season Of The Witch"/"There's Always Vanilla" double feature is on the way this fall.
I thought its was Anchor Bay doing that release.

scroll down to S
Old 02-01-05, 10:26 AM

My mistake...I do believe it is Anchor Bay that's putting out the "Season Of The Witch"/"There's Always Vanilla" disc.
I know Bill Lustig at Blue Underground still works with Anchor Bay on certain releases. I thought he had a hand in it. That would be great if he did.
Anyway, I hope it's still going to released.