Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

DVD shoplifting

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

DVD shoplifting

Old 01-28-05, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a friend of mine while a new hire as loss prevention helped chase down this one woman who had stuffed over 20 copies of Kangaroo Jack on DVD into her purse. She actually made it out the door into a waiting getaway car with security in hot pursuit, but when they hit the main road the woman started freaking out because a second thief was still inside the store trying to steal cigarettes. The woman and the driver argue and he actually managed to push her out of the moving car. The cops were just arriving on the scene and pick her up. Store security meanwhile catches the second thief while hes wandering the parking lot looking for his getaway. The woman, scorned and very upset tells the cops where the driver is going, and the cops picked him up at the trailer park about 10 minutes later.

There is still speculation as to why she picked Kangaroo Jack.

Either

a) it was the crystal meth talking

or

b) it may have been the most expensive dvd not locked in a case since it was a new release
Old 01-28-05, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by scott shelton
Fixed.
Old 01-28-05, 04:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hospitaller
a friend of mine while a new hire as loss prevention helped chase down this one woman who had stuffed over 20 copies of Kangaroo Jack on DVD into her purse. She actually made it out the door into a waiting getaway car with security in hot pursuit, but when they hit the main road the woman started freaking out because a second thief was still inside the store trying to steal cigarettes. The woman and the driver argue and he actually managed to push her out of the moving car. The cops were just arriving on the scene and pick her up. Store security meanwhile catches the second thief while hes wandering the parking lot looking for his getaway. The woman, scorned and very upset tells the cops where the driver is going, and the cops picked him up at the trailer park about 10 minutes later.

Either

or

b) it may have been the most expensive dvd not locked in a case since it was a new release

oh jesus i can just imagine the headline:

HIGHWAY CHASE IN PURSUIT OF KANGAROO JACK!!!!
Old 01-28-05, 05:10 PM

Either

or

c) it may have been just really poor taste
Old 01-28-05, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
this one woman who had stuffed over 20 copies of Kangaroo Jack on DVD into her purse.

So she had a joey in her pocket(book)?

*duck
Old 01-28-05, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Buford T Pusser
So she had a joey in her pocket(book)?

*duck
Old 01-28-05, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Damn. You are stalking me.
Old 01-28-05, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Buford T Pusser
Damn. You are stalking me.
I'm going to follow you around from thread to thread "reminding" you about bad puns until you learn.
Old 01-28-05, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Here in da hood bad is good.
Old 01-29-05, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by DoogieHowser
I'll never be able to work again because I have soft tissue damage.
The only "soft tissue damage" you appear to have is between your ears. People that troll for lawsuits are the lowest of the low. People that think like this are the reason that insurance is at an all time high. Lawsuit abusers deserve to be physically abused.
Old 01-29-05, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,495 Likes on 944 Posts
I used to work for a mom-and-pop magazine and book store. One employee stole so much from the owners that they had to lay everybody off, and work the store themselves 15 hours a day, 7 days a week. One of them would stay home with the kids, and the other would run the store. The next day they'd switch. These were some of the nicest people I've ever known. I still hate the thief.

After we'd lost our jobs, a friend from the store got a job at Toys R Us. After he'd been there for a month, guess who got hired on as a store security manager? The little prick. He would pile up boxes by the loading dock over the course of the day. At the end of his shift, he would load them into his car. My friend never witnessed any of this, but figured it out over time.
Old 01-30-05, 01:33 AM

Its amazing how big of an item people will try to conceal. I had just come on shift many a year ago when the guys recall the following story. A very portly woman had managed to grow a tail [ she stuffed a VCR between her legs and tried to waddle out], turns out the cord for the VCR was dragging behind her on the floor. Police were called, womand arrested, for some reason we did not ask for the VCR back
Old 01-30-05, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,309 Likes on 953 Posts
I wonder if they dusted the VCR for "prints"... ewww