Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

What exactly is going to be on the Anchorman 2 Disc Set?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

What exactly is going to be on the Anchorman 2 Disc Set?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-04, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I guess not.
I'm going to go pick it up after work this afternoon. I'll post a quick review if no one else has by then. Honestly though I think it will be well worth the extra $10 bucks.
Old 12-28-04, 11:18 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 941 Likes on 788 Posts
Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
I'm sure someone bought this by NOW.....is it worth the extra money for the extra disc?
you post 3 hrs after last post...how's anyone supposed to get and then watch it all and then report back?? calm down and wait a day or two.
Old 12-28-04, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I know I was quick on the gun....I was going to go after work and pick it up. I'm sure 3 hours is enough time for someone to watch it....sheesh, sorry.
Old 12-28-04, 11:24 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought a copy of the double dvd at my Best Buy. The extra feature runs one hour and 32 min. Mine came with the bonus disc as well and says it's 30 min of "HILARIOUS STUFF YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT!" The back of my extra disc, the "Wake-up Ron Burgundy", says it TOO has "30 Minutes of Hilarious DELETED Scenes and Outtakes." So, I'm not sure if THAT feature is the same on both as I did not open it yet....(I have to sleep as I work midnights at Toys R Us, also I haven't ever SEEN the movie before and want to watch it when I have better time to enjoy it). I'm sure someone else will post by the time I get up. ALSO, the back of the extra feature also states: *Side-Splitting cast auditions and rehearsals, *Ron Burgundy's Award Speech, *Ron Burgundy's MTV Award interviews with Jim Caviezel and Burt Reynolds. Hope that helps guys! (That was my first post here....been following you guys for a while....GREAT INO) thanks
Old 12-28-04, 11:26 AM
Cool New Member

Also, look for the bonus disc on the back, it comes in a cardboard sleeve and there is a sticker of a red TV on the front that states there IS a bonus disc. Again, it's not INSIDE or sold seperately....it's on the back where you can see it.
Old 12-28-04, 11:29 AM

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts
I bet that "sequel" is pretty good.
Old 12-28-04, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Has it been confirmed yet whether the Best Buy disc's features are actually exclusive, or just stuff from the 'Burgundy' disc? If the former, I've got to buy it sooner rather than later, so I'd like to know, but I haven't seen a definite answer yet...
Old 12-28-04, 11:59 AM

Figured I'd answer some questions, stopped at Best Buy at 9 this morning. :-p

-The double-pack comes packaged with the bonus Best Buy disc of exclusive content.
-Wake Up, Ron Burgundy is alright. It's really, really strung together mostly by narration, and at times almost mirrors the first film, just using different footage, but it's got some funny moments. Doesn't really work as a sequel, considering the ending of the first movie.
-The Wake Up, Ron Burgundy DVD is in anamorphic widescreen, and looks pretty damn good.
Old 12-28-04, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MikeDeN2K
Figured I'd answer some questions, stopped at Best Buy at 9 this morning. :-p

-The double-pack comes packaged with the bonus Best Buy disc of exclusive content.
So, you're saying this stuff definitely isn't on the 'Burgundy' disc anywhere? Thanks...
Old 12-28-04, 02:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Here is what is on the Breaking News Best Buy bonus disc:

Today's Headlines - 10 minutes of 7 deleted scenes (most are good)
Special Report - about 7 minutes of footage (half is spent on one joke)
Commercial Break - 2 minutes of footage on the set
Ron Burgundy Exclusive - 8 minute Comedy Central's Reel Comedy feature w/ Bill Curtis

Plus there's an easter egg if you select the channel 4 in the right upper corner (long scene that's pretty good)

These are all exclusive to the Best Buy bonus disc.

There is a great deleted scene from Today's Headlines that features Jay Johnston (Mr. Show) and Rich Talarico (writer on Mad TV, SNL and performer at Second City in Chicago).

The only thing on the set that I found missing was the theatrical trailer (maybe I missed it).
Old 12-28-04, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The burning question is...

Do we think Wake Up, Ron Burgundy is worth an extra $10?

From initial impressions, I think I'll just try to rent the disc and hit Best Buy for the regular Unrated version and the bonus disc.
Old 12-28-04, 02:21 PM

I'd say it's worth it if you liked Anchorman. I thought the extras warranted the purchase (more great MTV interviews, some great auditions, more deleted scenes). I know that some of this stuff may be one time viewing, but I'm glad I got it. Somehow I don't see the Wake Up Ron Burgundy showing up at my local rental shops.
Old 12-28-04, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by too much
Somehow I don't see the Wake Up Ron Burgundy showing up at my local rental shops.
Maybe not, but it's already up on Netflix.
Old 12-28-04, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,317 Likes on 4,318 Posts
It was a close call, but in the end I figured that it was worth picking up the 3-disc pack at BB for $20 using the 20% coupon. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by Decker; 12-28-04 at 04:39 PM.
Old 12-28-04, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
so i wasn't imagining things. there was supposed to be "month at a glance" journal or something like that. not that i even really wanted it, but it wasn't in my 2-disc set.
Old 12-28-04, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
so i wasn't imagining things. there was supposed to be "month at a glance" journal or something like that. not that i even really wanted it, but it wasn't in my 2-disc set.
how could it not come with the journal? i don't see how it made it into most and didn't in one or two...that doesn't seem right.
anyway, it is a cool collectible imo.
Old 12-28-04, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
I picked up the two pack at Best Buy with the bonus disc and the "month at a glance calander" was inside my copy of Wake Up Ron Burgundy where an insert would usually be (although Dreamworks doesn't put a lot of inserts in anymore). There's a few pretty funny things written in there, but its no big deal really.
Old 12-28-04, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
yeah, no insert in the wake up DVD in my set. i figured it would be there, but no big deal... got mine at best buy, too.
Old 12-28-04, 05:14 PM

I didn't get the month at a glance thing either (got the 2 disc with the bonus). Oh well, I would rather have the bonus disc.
Old 12-28-04, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll be watching the Anchorman:3-Disc Set after I watch Resident Evil:Apocalpyse.
Old 12-28-04, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Picked mine up and got the Best Buy bonus disc, but no extra month at a glance thing. I'll try and watch the movie and Wake Up Ron Burgundy tonight back to back.
Old 12-28-04, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My month at a glance was in the in the 2nd Anchorman case "Wake Up Ron Burgundy" got mine at Target.
Old 12-28-04, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by darkside
Picked mine up and got the Best Buy bonus disc, but no extra month at a glance thing. I'll try and watch the movie and Wake Up Ron Burgundy tonight back to back.
can someone please explain to me how the journal is in some and not others? they are massed produced, how can a machine leave some out? Scared 1
Old 12-28-04, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by darkside
Picked mine up and got the Best Buy bonus disc, but no extra month at a glance thing.
same here
Old 12-28-04, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Watched both discs and its kind of a tough answer. I am happy I bought the deluxe set, but the extra "film" is just spliced together extended and deleted scenes. They try and act like this all happens after the first movie which doesn't work at all because they reuse extended stuff from scenes we have already watched in the first film and know it happens early in the first film. Not to mention the dialog doesn't make sense if these things happened later.

Anyway there are some funny bits in the second movie and I enjoyed watching it for Chuck D and the bank robbers and some new jokes. Many of which were pretty funny. It is probably something I will only watch once. There are other good extras on the disc as well though, so really I think it was worth spending $25 for.

If you are a big fan of the film get the set, if you are not it might be best to get the regular version and borrow the second disc from a friend or rent it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.