DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Lone Gunmen coming to DVD in March

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-04, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Lone Gunmen coming to DVD in March

From TVShowsOnDVD.com:
A lot of fans had written in to tell us the our good friends at The Digital Bits had posted a Rumor Mill story on November 17th (a week ago today), concerning a few Fox TV-on-DVD releases. One of the items mentioned was The Lone Gunmen. Here's what The Bits had to say:

11/17/04

Some quick 20th Century Fox news for you today. The studio has tentatively set Chris Carter's The Lone Gunmen: The Complete Series for release early in 2005. Also on the way for 2005 is Space Above and Beyond: The Complete Series (although the specific release timeframe has yet to be decided).

A phone call to Fox Home Entertainment this week revealed that The Lone Gunmen - The Complete Series is indeed on the schedule for 2005. The exact release date will be revealed in the next few weeks, including - we hope - word about whether or not the intact original pilot episode is included. For now, though, TVShowsOnDVD can reveal two very salient points about this box set:

• The Lone Gunmen - The Complete Series will be released in March, 2005

• The Lone Gunmen wrap-up episode from the 9th season of The X-Files, "Jump The Shark", will also be included in the Lone Gunmen set. No big spoilers here, but it most effectively concludes The Lone Gunmen series.

And that is our biggest news for you on this great Thanksgiving day! We hope everyone is having a safe and enjoyable holiday, for those of you celebrating it (we know, though, that many of our readers aren't in the USA). Stay tuned for more news about this Lone Gunmen release, and for more news at TVShowsOnDVD all weekend long...we've got lots of interesting tidbits to tell you about from now until Sunday. Don't touch that dial!

Last edited by RobCA; 11-25-04 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-25-04, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet, now I can gladly get rid of my season 9 of X-Files

That was such a fun show, it's too bad too since it got really good near the end with Skinner and Mulder playing cameo roles. They could have brought back Mr. X and CSM into the mix for even more fun.

Maybe if the DVDs sell well Fox will consider doing more episodes.
Old 11-25-04, 11:13 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Old 11-25-04, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ah, very good news. I had been hoping they'd include "Jump The Shark" in with the DVD, since it is the definitive finale for the series.

Can't wait.
Old 11-25-04, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
In today's climate, i'd be very surprised if the pilot was included..
Old 11-25-04, 03:44 PM

That certainly was an interesting pilot. If they leave it out, they can kiss at least one sale goodbye.
Old 11-25-04, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Very glad to hear this. The show wasn't great but I love the characters enough that I'll put up with the average show.

But I too will pass if they exclude the pilot.
Old 11-25-04, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally posted by Adrenaline

Maybe if the DVDs sell well Fox will consider doing more episodes.
Did you not see their episode in season 9 of X-Files? They would have to be quite creative in the writing department to pull that off.
Old 11-25-04, 05:13 PM

Damn, I'll probably pick it up just FOR the damn pilot.

Later.

RJS
Old 11-25-04, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Michael Corvin
Did you not see their episode in season 9 of X-Files? They would have to be quite creative in the writing department to pull that off.
I did, they could do prequel episodes or come up with some way of bringing them back.

If you've ever seen the X-Files you'd know no one is ever really dead.
Old 11-25-04, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally posted by Rogue588
I'm sure it will be included, but it will be prefaced by a disclaimer that the episode was made prior to 9/11 and that Fox does not wish to upset the families of victims blah blah blah.
Old 11-25-04, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'd imagine it would be included..I hope it is..there's certainly no way for them to include the pilot but censor the plane/building scenes..half the episode would be gone..so I guess it's either there or not ..I've been waiting for this for a really long time, and I'm usually not one to bitch and moan about stuff being "censored" ..if I want it, I buy it..censored or not..but I think if fox leaves it off ...I will not be buying it..
Old 11-25-04, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Josh Z
I'm sure it will be included, but it will be prefaced by a disclaimer that the episode was made prior to 9/11 and that Fox does not wish to upset the families of victims blah blah blah.
Man, that would be too funny if there was a disclaimer at the beginning that read:
Due to the nature of this episode, 20th Century FOX would like to point out that this episode was produced prior to the horrific events on 9/11 and we here at FOX do not wish to upset the blah blah blah...
Old 11-25-04, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Originally posted by Adrenaline
I did, they could do prequel episodes or come up with some way of bringing them back.

If you've ever seen the X-Files you'd know no one is ever really dead.
Or Fox could just pretend that seasons eight and nine of "The X-Files" never happened, and have the next movie take off from there ... also excise the bit at the end of S7 where it's revealed that
Spoiler:
Scully was preggers.
Old 11-25-04, 09:12 PM

Remind those of us that don't remember what happened in the first episode that would cause them to censor it.
Old 11-25-04, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i didn't spoilerize mine, so just read below ..though the show is old enough that it really doesn't require spoilers..
Old 11-25-04, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Spoiler:
from TVTome.com

Teaser: A Mission-Impossible style break-in as Frohike and Byers attempt to steal the Octium IV chip from E-Com-Con's top security room. Langly fakes an allergy attack to distract security from their monitors. A "Bearded Man" is seen, and Langly obviously recognizes him. The "Bearded Man" takes advantage of the chaos to steal the chip -- right out from under Frohike's nose -- by hijacking the software that Byers is using to run the winch for Frohike's little trapeze getup.

Byers is informed of his father's mysterious death. He hadn't spoken to his father in 11 years, since he got together with Frohike and Langly to start publishing the weekly newsletter, The Lone Gunman. At the funeral, a Mr. Helm introduces himself to Johnny as his father's long time friend, and offers to talk with him about his father's death.

As the death is investigated, the Gunmen become more and more entangled in a terrorist plot (Scenario 12-D), eventually facing off against a governmental power known as Overlord -- who also happens to be Mr. Helm. Byers and his father (who is not actually dead after all) get on the targeted aircraft in an attempt to sniff out the bomb with what look like home-made mini hydrocarbon sniffers. This might have worked, but unfortunately, there's no bomb on the airplane. It's being controlled, like Bert Byers' car, by someone else -- Overlord and his henchgeek, obviously.

As Langly races against time to save the lives of Byers and his dad (and the other airline passengers), his system keeps pegging. It's going to take at least seven to ten days to decrypt the security -- and all they've got is 20 minutes! Frohike saves the day by not only "persuading" Yves Harlow to let him use the Octium IV chip, but manages to steal the chip from her when she wasn't looking, thus garnering them not only a few hundred saved lives, but a weekly headline as well!
What the Tome doesn't mention in the synopsis, is that the plane is on a direct course for the World Trade Center..
Old 12-02-04, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

pilot episode included! yay! (although it doesn't say if it would be censored in any way, but I doubt it will be)

Just a few days ago, on Thanksgiving Day in fact, we revealed that The Lone Gunmen - The Complete Series would arrive in March 2005. Now Fox Home Entertainment has made their official announcement about this release, confirming a street date of March 29th.

This is a 3-DVD release, using double-sided discs. Even though Fox's announcement mysteriously cuts off the episode list at the 9th installment, on the flip side of the second disc, we've got confirmation from the studio that all 13 episodes of the regular series will be included on this set, including the pilot episode. That pilot's inclusion has worried fans, as it has been hard to find on-air in the wake of the tragedy of 9/11, seeing as how one element of the pilot's story included an airplane-based threat to the World Trade Center. We would warn anyone who might find this upsetting, that perhaps the pilot episode is best left unwatched, if sensitivity to those events is an issue. However, we highly applaud Fox for including this story in the DVD set, and indeed making it the "complete" series.

To REALLY make it complete, Fox is going out of their way to include a 14th episode on this compilation. As we reported in our last story, the X-Files episode "Jump The Shark" - from the final season of the series that spun off The Lone Gunmen, and airing just a few weeks ahead of the close of the X-Files itself - is going to be included as a bonus on The Lone Gunmen - The Complete Series. This episode brings the hanging plotlines from the spin-off to a conclusive end, and very effectively wraps things up for Byers, Langly, and Frohike.

There will also be Commentary Tracks on this release, but the specific episode(s) and participant(s) have yet to be named. Video is in the original 1.78:1 widescreen, and it looks like this will be anamorphically enhanced. Language support is in English and Spanish, both with Dolby Surround soundtracks and with subtitles. Running time is shown at 559 minutes. SRP is $39.98 USA, and CAN $54.98 in Canada. Stay tuned for cover art!
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2525
Old 12-02-04, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

This episode brings the hanging plotlines from the spin-off to a conclusive end, and very effectively wraps things up for Byers, Langly, and Frohike.
And was a total crock of shit..
Old 12-02-04, 11:18 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I'll be picking this up.
Old 12-02-04, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sweet I was hoping it would be anamorphically enhanced. Nice price as well, we should be able to get it for ~$27 with STL.
Old 12-02-04, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll definitely pick this up (the chimp episode alone is worth the cost). Glad to see that they included the season 9 episode too... since I bailed on the X-Files sets after season 5 and don't really have a desire to pick them up. Good news all around.
Old 12-02-04, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Disappoointed they are using dual sided discs on this. I thought Fox was better than that, and I can't think of any other release that I got from them that is like that. I hope this isn't the start of a new tred for them.
Old 12-02-04, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally posted by Rogue588
And was a total crock of shit..
You can say that about the entirety of X-Files season 9.
Old 12-02-04, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am glad they are putting the season nine episode from X Files on this. Now, with the series finale available in single disk format from the UK and the Lone Gunmen set, there is no reason what so ever to buy season nine on DVD. Unless I can get it for like 14.99 if amazon.com and Fox ever want to run another season set sale.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.