Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

BB Riddick Bonus DVD... not in stores?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-04, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BB Riddick Bonus DVD... not in stores?

Is anyone else having this problem at BB? The ones in the Bay Area, CA and a few in Arizona that my mom went to and called all said the Bonus disc did not come with any of the copies and they dont know where it is. Anyone get it? They took my name and number and will call if they come in. Of course, im going to bug them everday until I get it
Old 11-16-04, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is the box with the gold edge on it.

When I went in this morning, the dipsh*t employee handed me the other widescreen box and said it was the one with the bonus disk.

Anyone else see that BB had the non-bonus disk DVD priced higher than the other? Mine is stickered at $26.99 while the bonus disk one was marked 19.99
Old 11-16-04, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Your talking about the UNRATED one right? Thats the one I got that was supposed to include the disc but didnt. I called the 888 BB number and they didnt know what was going on in so many stores. They said to keep calling the local store and they would eventually get it even if it shows up a day or two late.
Old 11-16-04, 03:07 PM

My Best Buy didn't have the bonus disc either.

-Jason
Old 11-16-04, 03:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad I didn't get out today at lunch to pick it up then... guess I'll wait a day or two and see if they start getting it. Has anyone checked Ebay though to see if they've shown up there
Old 11-16-04, 03:17 PM

I just got back from Best Buy. Mine had the Bonus disk. I found the difference is front of cover it says some thing like An Exclusive Hour of bonus footage. Side of the package also said Best Buy exclusive. This was also the unrated cut. Also was only $16.99

Last edited by spazz276; 11-16-04 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-16-04, 03:21 PM

Found the bonus disc inside the case in a paper sleeve. My unrated widescreen dvd also had the "One hour of bonus footage!" sticker on the shrinkwrap. Actually it was pretty apparant they'd repackaged it themselves, the shrinkwrap wasn't the super crinkly normal stuff that's sort of folded on the ends, but the cheap easy to break saran-wrap-ish type.
Old 11-16-04, 03:44 PM

mine had the bonus disk... like someone said there are two different outside covers of the widescreen one.... the one with the bonus disk has the thicker part at the top that says "over an hour of bonus footage" and then along the spine at the top it says "exclusive best buy disc" or something to those effects...

the employee at best buy i asked about the different covers had no clue what the difference was, he said they were the same, cause they had the same SKU... so i eventually figured it out and got the right one

and the same guy had no clue where the ATHF vol 3 dvd was.... even though it was on a huge display towards the back of the store facing away from all the movies (luckily another employee knew where it was)
Old 11-16-04, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok, here's the deal:

The best buy in phoenix has no indication between the ones with it and the ones without. The manufacturer did not include stickers or any printing on the cover to indicate they have the extra disc (at least in our region). If your best buy has it in shrinkwrap on the outside of the package - you are probably right, they did it themselves.

I was quite angry that there was no way to figure out which ones had it, and so were the best buy employees I spoke with there (they've had dozens of people complaining). Rather than taking a chance, I made them open one up at the customer service desk, and low-and-behold, it was WITHOUT the bonus disc.

Finally, I figured out that by shaking it & comparing weight, I could tell some of them had it. They are identically packaged, but the ones with the bonus disc are slim-line double dvd packages (with the 2nd disc holder attached to the spine), so you can hear a slight rattle when shaking it. We opened it, and yes, it was there.

I told one employee, we should open every single one of them and then return them to the manufacturer, to teach them a lesson -- the employees were outraged that they had to go through this with the bonus disc (and so was I).

Since some of you are finding different covers which specify the bonus disc, my guess is they went half through the print run with the wrong covers, then corrected it, but decided it wasn't worth it to reprint the first batch, and sent them out anyway. Who knows?

Last edited by Pasolini; 11-16-04 at 03:51 PM.
Old 11-16-04, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by MaK10
the one with the bonus disk has the thicker part at the top that says "over an hour of bonus footage" and then along the spine at the top it says "exclusive best buy disc" those effects...
I didn't even know to look for a bonus disc but got one anyway. The packaging says pretty much what Mak10 has posted.
Old 11-16-04, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Okay, just got back and they found them in the back. There was a seperate box that had about 100 copies w/ the bonus disc. They put out the regular without the disc and alot of people are returning them. Both covers w/ and w/o the bonus disc were the same and there was no indication on the outside box or stickers that it had or did not have the bonus disc, at least at my store. Just give it a shake before you go.
Old 11-16-04, 03:59 PM

mine had the bonus disk... like someone said there are two different outside covers of the widescreen one.... the one with the bonus disk has the thicker part at the top that says "over an hour of bonus footage" and then along the spine at the top it says "exclusive best buy disc" or something to those effects...

the employee at best buy i asked about the different covers had no clue what the difference was, he said they were the same, cause they had the same SKU... so i eventually figured it out and got the right one

and the same guy had no clue where the ATHF vol 3 dvd was.... even though it was on a huge display towards the back of the store facing away from all the movies (luckily another employee knew where it was)
Old 11-16-04, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had the same problem in the virginia area, i went early before work, picked up the widescreen directors version. I didn't see any anywhere that said bonus disk, so i asked one of the employee in the DVD section and he said yes it's in the box, i showed him the box and he again said yes it's in the box. On my way to the register i glanced over at the display by the register and i noticed way that the bottom of the display sure enough there at the top of the box was in silver "Includes over 1 hour of additonal bonus content". It's a good thing i looked over or i would have gotten the wrong one. You would think that the employees would know. My only fault is that i was in a hurry and had to ask.
Old 11-16-04, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally posted by Pasolini
Finally, I figured out that by shaking it & comparing weight, I could tell some of them had it. They are identically packaged, but the ones with the bonus disc are slim-line double dvd packages (with the 2nd disc holder attached to the spine), so you can hear a slight rattle when shaking it.
Same here. No difference in packaging, just grabbed a heavy rattler - bingo. I quite like them coming packaged in a slimline double case, saves me the trouble of using one of mine.
Old 11-16-04, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I opened mine and the extra disk is in a single loose white packet. No double disk case here in Virginia.

Last edited by roger_d; 11-16-04 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-16-04, 04:46 PM

Here is what I figured out in San Diego:

There is no differance in package
the sticker on the back reads 00027 that has the bonus disc
The case also rattles as mentioned earlier because of the 2 disc case.

The ones without bonus disc did not rattle and the sticker on the back ended in a 1, sorry can't remember the whole number.
Old 11-16-04, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

mine didnt have it either, that thats why i drove out to best buy to get it.
Old 11-16-04, 05:34 PM

i bought one with the bonus disc but i didnt like the big border that advertises the exclusive disc so i switched slipcovers with one that didnt have the border. i wish mine wouldve been a 2 disc case instead of having it in a paper sleeve though.
Old 11-16-04, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So, is it even worth bothering getting this bonus disc? Is there good stuff on it, or just 10 minute of fluff?
Old 11-16-04, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Its 1 hour of bonus stuff. I havent watched it yet.

Includes:
Riddick Rises
Keep what you Kill
Creating New Mecca
Interactive Production calander

Last edited by Rammsteinfan; 11-16-04 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-16-04, 08:01 PM
Banned

I didn't even know there was a BB Bonus disc offer with this release until I read this thread.
Old 11-16-04, 10:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by CrashNBurn69
i bought one with the bonus disc but i didnt like the big border that advertises the exclusive disc so i switched slipcovers with one that didnt have the border
Thereby potentially screwing up someone else who thinks they are getting the bonus DVD
Old 11-16-04, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just watched the extra DVD... its not bad. Its the usual bonus type short docus. One is about Riddick from PB to COR. Another is about the Necromongers and the last is about New Mecca and some of the characters like Imam.
Old 11-16-04, 11:46 PM

oh well. i got mine.
Old 11-17-04, 04:44 AM
Banned

lol...Best Buy sucks with bonus discs. Seems like everytime they have a Bonus disc available they're always short...

Circuit City represent!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.