Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Fat Albert on DVD : Time Life or Ventura

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-04, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fat Albert on DVD : Time Life or Ventura

With the December 14th Release date the new set from Ventura looks like it is going to have a 720 Minute Runtime. The 10 (or 11) Disc Set from Time Life has a Runtime of 850 Minutes.

For the owners of the Time Life Set, are you going to keep the current set, or sell it and buy the Ventura Set?

Additionally does anybody have a listing of the episodes that are going to be on the new set, or know where to find that information? Perhaps also if the new set is going to be a new set of transfers with better quality etc... It would be nice to be able to compare which episodes are going to be on each set.
Old 11-10-04, 04:16 AM

It is my understanding that the Time Life Sets have every episode while the Ventura dvds will be more like a "best of" set. I am not 100% sure but that is what I got out of it.
Old 11-10-04, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Fat Albert on DVD : Time Life or Ventura

Originally posted by Corihor1
For the owners of the Time Life Set, are you going to keep the current set, or sell it and buy the Ventura Set?

Additionally does anybody have a listing of the episodes that are going to be on the new set, or know where to find that information? Perhaps also if the new set is going to be a new set of transfers with better quality etc... It would be nice to be able to compare which episodes are going to be on each set.
You might want to check with Rogue588 about your questions. He was quite the avid fan of the Time Life Set.
Old 11-10-04, 01:10 PM

Thanks for the heads up and answers. Perhaps Rogue588 will see this thread. I guess for most it will be a matter of having some, or all of the episodes.

I am also wondering about a transfer comparision between the two.
Old 11-11-04, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<html> Info on the new discs...

Click here

JP

</html>