Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Would anyone buy a James Bond Jr: Complete Series DVD collection?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-04, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With all the Bond films getting the spiffed up treatment next year do you think we might see a Box Set of all 60+ episodes of the animated TV show James Bond Jr? I rememer watching that show when I was younger and enjoyed it, it introduced me to Bond, James Bond
Old 10-15-04, 12:17 AM

Sorry to thread crap, but I just completely despised that show...poorly animated, and that THEME SONG...

*shudder*
Old 10-15-04, 12:22 AM
Suspended

Didnt some episodes of this series come out recently as a freebie DVD in cereal boxes? I seem to remember seeing it in Rice Chex at Wal-mart.
Old 10-15-04, 01:19 AM

"BOND!!! JAMES BOND JR.!!!" No thanks
Old 10-15-04, 02:01 AM
Banned

It had 60 episodes? I don't even remember it being on air that long.

At it's time I remember there was a videogame and some action figures. I don't even think those sold.

Sorry, I just don't see it happening.
Old 10-15-04, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd skip it.

Now, if someone would come up with a Young Q series .. you know, the kid is always making strange little devices for his schoolmates that set them off on troublesome adventures.
Old 10-15-04, 10:01 AM

I never got to see this. I read the books as a kid but I neverr saw the show. I'd love to see it.
Old 05-22-13, 03:13 PM

Re: Would anyone buy a James Bond Jr: Complete Series DVD collection?

I know it's been years since the last post here, and that this is quite random, but I would MOST DEFINITELY buy a complete series DVD release of 'James Bond Jr.'

ALMOST every episode is uploaded to YouTube, but some are the "cut versions" from UK broadcasts and at least one is only available in Swedish.

I found some links to EVERY episode in German a few years ago and some of the episodes were ripped from digital broadcasts: they looked like they were in very good shape, so I don't see why a DVD release wouldn't be possible. The only reason a DVD release has not occurred MUST be due to a rights and/or "financial gain" issue.
Old 05-23-13, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think these are intentionally being withheld. Even comprehensive extras/docs that deal with the dark days of EON between '89 and '95 don't touch on this thing. It basically cements the notion that Cubby took a world-class film franchise and ran it into the ground, first by making it a B-movie franchise in the 80s and secondly by trying to turn it into a poorly-animated toy tie-in cartoon in the early 90s. There's an alternate universe out there somewhere where James Bond Jr. was the end of Bond. It's depressing to think about but it almost happened.

And the 65-episode life of the show is no indicator of success. 65 episodes of an animated show airing every weekday is a 13-week order. Tons of animated shows were given this order in the 80s and 90s. Nobody ever ordered more episodes because 65 episodes is more than enough James Bond Jr. for any rational person.
Old 05-26-13, 05:38 AM

Received 84 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Guru Askew
I think these are intentionally being withheld. Even comprehensive extras/docs that deal with the dark days of EON between '89 and '95 don't touch on this thing. It basically cements the notion that Cubby took a world-class film franchise and ran it into the ground, first by making it a B-movie franchise in the 80s and secondly by trying to turn it into a poorly-animated toy tie-in cartoon in the early 90s. There's an alternate universe out there somewhere where James Bond Jr. was the end of Bond. It's depressing to think about but it almost happened.

And the 65-episode life of the show is no indicator of success. 65 episodes of an animated show airing every weekday is a 13-week order. Tons of animated shows were given this order in the 80s and 90s. Nobody ever ordered more episodes because 65 episodes is more than enough James Bond Jr. for any rational person.
I'm sure you're right, but I remember enjoying it on UK TV, and I would like to see it again.
Old 05-26-13, 03:02 PM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I might, I remember loving the show as a kid, but I have a feeling I would hate it now!