Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Chuck Norris' "A Force of One" on DVD

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-04, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chuck Norris' "A Force of One" on DVD

Anyone else see this rare Chuck Norris flick on DVD at Walmart? I believe the company credited on the back is "Trinity" or something. Not a company I've heard a lot about.

It's $13.76 and has behind the scenes special features, but is unfortunately fullscreen. Also, I've not been able to find any information about this release on the net. It's not listed at DVDAficionado or DVDPriceSearch. I'm beginning to wonder if my Walmart is the only one carrying it.

So, what's up with this release? Anyone know the original aspect ratio of the film is? Anyone pick this disc up care to comment?
Old 10-07-04, 07:09 AM
Cool New Member

Are there any plans for CBS to release a best of set of Walker Texas ranger?
Old 10-07-04, 11:14 AM

According to IMDB
it's 1.85:1

There is a R2 disc available, you may want to investigate the specs and see if it's different, check Amazon.uk
Old 10-07-04, 11:33 AM
Cool New Member

In Canada A Force of One, and also The Octagon were released by a company called 2450 visual entertainment. These are the Canadian versions of the dvd your talking about. The films were shown in the theater as 1.85:1 but were filmed full screen and just matted at 1.85:1. On these dvds you don't lose any of the image you just get more image on the top and bottom. The picture quality is actually very good as is the sound. Definately worth picking up if you are a Chuck Norris fan. I only saw A Force Of One selling at Walmart. I bought both A Force Of One and The Octagon at an independent video store called Steve's TV in Kitchener, Ontario Canada.

Last edited by rgray_69; 10-07-04 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-07-04, 04:00 PM

I haven't see the octagon out at wal mart yet, but I did pick up A force of one. I can't remember the aspect ratio of it off the top of my head, but I'll check it when I get home. here's the link to the company who's putting these DVDs out: http://www.trinityvideo.tv/index.htm
Old 10-07-04, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As anal rententive film snobs, we would be remiss in our duties as a big pain in the ass if we didn't remind people that adding to the top and bottom is not always a good thing. OAR is always preferable. But when it's FF or nothing you just gotta choose.

Chuck Norris movies were always cool. Unlike Walker where his stunt double does almost everything, Chuck was the man back then. Remember watching these on HBO when I was growing up.

Last edited by JimRochester; 10-07-04 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-08-04, 02:49 PM

Oh my...must pick up The Octagon! Thanks for the info, everyone. I'll likely pick up A Force of One this evening and post my thoughts here. Big Chuck Norris, Clu Gulager, and G.W. Bailey fan.