Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Has anyone seen Fahrenhype 9/11?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-04, 06:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by movielib
Why do you think Roger & Me may be an exception? I think it's exactly that. Which is why I have refused to see any of his films since seeing R&M.
Well actually, I was being kind and giving Moore the benefit of the doubt on that one. I saw it back in '91 when I was in high school in an economics class. If only I had known then what I know now, I would have walked out of the class.

But here's the crux of the matter with Michael Moore and his movies...why do people enjoy watching films that trash their own country? I think it's the product of growing up being educated in the Bill Clinton years of public education where the teachers taught their students on how to efficiently loathe their own country, from the original Thanksgiving Days, Christopher Columbus, and the Westward expansion - driving out the Indians. And this whole, "We mustn't do anything that would offend a rare ethnic group in school." I mean gee, a school system in Washington state is banning Halloween so that they don't offend real witches! Gimme a friggin' break people!!! I'm glad I got out of the public school system before Clinton became President, because would probably still be a young and dumb liberal.

I was a life-time socially conservative-Democrat (a Zell Miller Democrat if you will) from when I turned voting age to 9/11. I hated Bush from Inaugeration Day to 9/11. Thought he was a bumbling fool, but his actions after 9/11, showed that he was a leader. When I saw and heard what the Democrats were doing and saying about Bush and the country after 9/11, I was disgusted. In the few weeks after 9/11, I kept telling one of our Republican friends that I was moving toward the fence and starting to stick one leg over. The Democrat shenanogans during the 2002 elections was the last straw for me. And of course that started immediately after Operation Anaconda in Afghanistan in the Spring of '02.

The problem I have with Democrats now and Michael Moore in particular, is that if they can't see that Iraq is indeed a part of the War on Terror, then they have no business leading this country. Did they forget the $25,000 that Saddam was paying to Palestinian homicide bombers' families? If that's not supporting terror, then I don't know what is. And now, our arch enemy Zarqawi was wounded in Afghanistan and went directly to Baghdad...gee...yep, Iraq has nothing to do with terror.

But then again, Zarqawi and funding Palestians are just a nuisance.

Last edited by Mike Lowrey; 10-22-04 at 06:16 PM.
Old 10-23-04, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by Husker
I stand corrected. My comments related to Michael Moore's movie.

Do I think MM has a slant? Of course he does as I imagine the movie Fahrenhype 911 does too. After you are done watching both, do a little research and I think you'll find the truth is somewhere in between which is still very damning for this administration.
So I will watch something far off to the left, then something far off to the right, I will find the truth to be in the middle, and it will be damning to the right. Okay.