Reload this Page >

Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle --> Jan. 4th

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle --> Jan. 4th

Old 04-02-08, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by darmok
did anyone pick this up this week? is it the same exact transfer?

It's the same exact DVD, actually.

The menus from that original disc (very creative) are exactly the same.

What's different, is that once you insert the disc, instead of going to that original menu, it takes you to a paper bag-like screen with the new extras.

There is no way to access this new menu screen from the original main menu that I've seen so far.

Included is the "Red Band" trailer, a sneak peek, and a White Castle Hall Of Fame induction.

I rented the original, but bought this new one. Glad they preserved those nice menus.
Old 04-02-08, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanks for the detailed comparison, Nick! guess they managed to squeeze some additional features onto the original version. i noticed even the spine art is identical to the original.
Old 04-02-08, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

No problem.

The featurette is about 15 minutes, and quite nice. You hear from just about all the major actors in this, as well as Christopher Meloni, who plays a different character in the sequel (he played Freakshow in this one, and plays a cross-eyed Klan leader in the sequel)

Yeah the added features and menu are independent of the rest of the DVD, which remains fully intact when compared to the original release right down to the original DVD-ROM extras. Therefore it is a double-dip in the truest sense of the term if you have that original.

As for it being "remastered", I doubt it considering it's an exact copy in every other way. Not that the film needed an image upgrade to begin with.

P.S.

"Darmok, and Jalad... at Tanagra!"

Last edited by Nick Martin; 04-02-08 at 11:04 PM.
Old 04-03-08, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"shakka, when the walls fell...."

guess i'll keep the purchase then, and give away the original. it practically pays for itself with the movie money (will definitely hit the theaters for the sequel, since we loved the original). out of curiousity, i'll have to do a file compare to see if they did any kind of compression on the original files.