Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Footloose UPC

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Footloose UPC

Old 09-29-04, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Footloose UPC

For those who bought Footloose SCE this week - was there a UPC sticker on the case over the UPC label on the back?

Mine had one. And not only was it a pain in the ass to get off, I found the numbers differed.

I use DVD Profiler. When I put in the UPC on the sticker - 97360 53412 - nothing came up. But DVD Profiler did recognize the DVD when I entered the code on the case, under the sticker - 97360 53414. (Although there's scant info on it in the system yet.)

I bought mine at Circuity City.
Old 09-29-04, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered mine from DDD, and it didn't have a sticker over the UPC (97360 53414).

Rob
Old 09-29-04, 09:32 PM

Hmm... I wonder why they would do this?

And for clarity - the sticker wasn't on the shrinkwrap, it was on the case itself. But oh, how I wish it had been on the shrinkwrap! The sticker of course didn't come off cleanly, leaving some sticky crap behind. Eventually I figured out if I took some tape, pressed it on, and then rolled it off, it took the goo off.
Old 09-29-04, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 163 Posts
Bought mine yesterday at Borders -- no UPC sticker on the case
Old 09-29-04, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a lot of times retailers will place their own UPC over the regular one to distinguish where it was purchased.
Old 09-30-04, 12:40 AM
Suspended

My high school drama teacher is one of the teenagers in that movie. She's in a phonebooth looking at Kevin Bacon. A really ugly, dark-haired fat girl. They filmed it down in Lehi or American Fark, which is Utah for those interested.
Old 09-30-04, 11:28 PM

Originally posted by Rockmjd23
a lot of times retailers will place their own UPC over the regular one to distinguish where it was purchased.
I can understand that. But then why would it be UNDER the shrinkwrap? Unless Circuit City is unwrapping DVDs, putting stickers on them, and then re-shrinkwrapping them... doesn't sound feasible.

Idea I just got - maybe it has something to do with the security device. My copy had a cardboard thing where the insert would go (there was no insert), about half the width of the case, with one of those printed circuit type stickers on it.
Old 09-30-04, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Altimus Prime
The sticker of course didn't come off cleanly, leaving some sticky crap behind. Eventually I figured out if I took some tape, pressed it on, and then rolled it off, it took the goo off.
That's why every DVD owner should keep a bottle of Goo Gone around, available now at a fine retailer near you such as Wal-Mart and Target.

Or you could have just left the sticker where it was.
Old 10-01-04, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Altimus Prime
I can understand that. But then why would it be UNDER the shrinkwrap? Unless Circuit City is unwrapping DVDs, putting stickers on them, and then re-shrinkwrapping them... doesn't sound feasible.

Idea I just got - maybe it has something to do with the security device. My copy had a cardboard thing where the insert would go (there was no insert), about half the width of the case, with one of those printed circuit type stickers on it.

ooo my fault, i missed the part about it being under the shrinkwrap
Old 10-01-04, 09:10 AM

My question is...

So what? Its a UPC over a UPC....