Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

In defense of Return of the Jedi

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-04, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by cactusoly
how is ADDING 2 seconds of footage F***ing his fans?
Hey, when you're getting anally raped, 2 seconds is a long time.
Old 09-27-04, 02:11 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Rivero
And yes, arrows SHOULD be able to bounce off that armor. What the hell's the point of even wearing it?
The only arrows I noticed doing any damage were ones that hit in weak spots (i.e. the neck where it's just black cloth to allow mobility.

Just like medieval armor, a few arrows get in the weak points of the armor when you get bombarded.
Old 09-27-04, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Shazam
Hey, when you're getting anally raped, 2 seconds is a long time.
its not rape when you pay for it.
Old 09-27-04, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
You people are putting WAY too much thought into these movies. If you like ROTJ, fine. You like it, enjoy it! If you don't, you don't! What is the point of ranting about it online? Do you actually think you're changing anyone's opinion? Does that "50 Reasons this Movie Sucks" do anything but make the people who liked the movie feel bad? I don't think so. If you didn't like ROTJ, you either didn't "get" it or it's not for you. Move on with your fucking life.
Old 09-27-04, 06:01 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by ben12
You people are putting WAY too much thought into these movies. If you like ROTJ, fine. You like it, enjoy it! If you don't, you don't! What is the point of ranting about it online?
Whats the point your rant?
Old 09-27-04, 09:56 PM

Originally posted by MJKTool
Whats the point your rant?
That ranting about how much you think a movie sucks does nothing but make those who like the movie feel stupid. It doesn't convince anyone that a movie is bad. So why do it?
Old 09-28-04, 12:10 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by ben12
That ranting about how much you think a movie sucks does nothing but make those who like the movie feel stupid. It doesn't convince anyone that a movie is bad. So why do it?
I don't know about others but whenever someone bashes a movie I like, it sure as hell doesnt make me feel stupid.
Old 09-29-04, 03:24 AM

Originally posted by MJKTool
I don't know about others but whenever someone bashes a movie I like, it sure as hell doesnt make me feel stupid.
Read what I wrote again. I didn't say it makes EVERYONE feel stupid. I said the only thing it would do is make people who liked it feel bad. So at best, no one has their opinion of the movie changed. At worst, lots of people feel crappy.
Old 09-29-04, 12:56 PM
Suspended

These people must not have very high self esteem if they feel sad, crappy and stupid when someone doesnt like a movie they do!
Old 09-29-04, 12:58 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No kidding. I couldn't care less about anyone's opinions on movies other than my own.
Old 09-29-04, 09:58 PM

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
No kidding. I couldn't care less about anyone's opinions on movies other than my own.
You're not getting, so nevermind.
Old 10-06-04, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't mind Jedi so much, but I was disappointed with it at the time it came out (when I was 11 years-old). I didn't dislike the Ewoks at all, but the movie overall just wasn't entertaining enough when compared to the first two, and I certainly didn't trek to the theater nearly as many times as I had with the first two.

I didn't know anything about the story before seeing it, but I expected more from it going in anyway, and I was disappointed (something I wasn't after seeing Empire despite my high expectations for that movie). I liked it, but I didn't love it like I did the first two.

None of the movies hold up that well for me as an adult, but Jedi is still the weak sister even in my current view of the original trilogy.