Old 12-27-04, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great HT, enderwiggin.

How's the sound with the angled walls?
Old 12-27-04, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by The_Infidel
Holy cow...I would fall asleep in those chairs within five minutes.
And that has happened. The front love seats both recline fully back and the outside seats on the rear couch both lay all the way back as well.

My wife loves to watch movies with me... shes asleep under a blanket fully reclined most of the time.
Old 12-27-04, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dalvin
That is what I am talking' about. Your setup is very similar to my own with the front end projector, Very nice. I also got similar seats at Best Buy for my Home Theater Room, is that where you got those?
Thanks!
I bought the furniture from Richwell. Full reclining love seat and couch

Last edited by enderwiggin; 12-27-04 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-27-04, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by BigDave
Great HT, enderwiggin.

How's the sound with the angled walls?
Thanks! The sound is great actually. I think the angeled walls work wonders for killing reflection since they are not parallel to each other. And the shorter wall on the bottom (black on bottom red on top) is Johns Manville TheaterShield under GOM fabric. So that kills any reflections there.

Before I hang the curtains on the back wall, I will be putting down some diffuser panels underneath. and the front screen wall will be covered in the TheaterShield as well, covered by the Curtains.

Last edited by enderwiggin; 12-27-04 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-27-04, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I agree enderwiggin, those seats are awsome
Old 12-27-04, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Superman07
looks like he loves his nintendo brand.
actually, the nintendo systems are my wife's. although I play them every once in a while, I prefer my xbox and my ps2.
Old 12-27-04, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by steebo777
Looks good jessebo. Anyone who still rocks the OG NES is cool in my book
thanks steebo777, I just wish I could find more time to do some gaming.
Old 12-27-04, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dalvin
Brizz: Do you plan on upgrading your TV soon...it looks a little......SMALL don't you think?
It's a 27" Wega flatscreen with anamorphic enhancement....works just fine for me. And as someone else mentioned, unless you have a grand you'd like to give me, It ain't getting upgraded anytime soon. Hell, even if you did have a grand for me i'd probably just pay my mortgage for a month with it.

TV snob.
Old 12-27-04, 07:10 PM

got a gift certificate for xmas to music store, got this.
Old 12-27-04, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

THOSE ARE COUNTERFEIT~!!#@[email protected]!

Or something.
Old 12-27-04, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by brizz
It's a 27" Wega flatscreen with anamorphic enhancement....works just fine for me. And as someone else mentioned, unless you have a grand you'd like to give me, It ain't getting upgraded anytime soon. Hell, even if you did have a grand for me i'd probably just pay my mortgage for a month with it.

TV snob.
Dude, he was just saying the TV was a bit small. He didn't say it was old or inferior, he just said it looked a little small compared to the rest of your setup. I'm just bummed you took a picture of a TV with Bryant Gumble on it.

And you'd better plan on spending more than a grand of you're going to upgrade your TV

Excellent stuff you have going on there enderwiggin.

Last edited by steebo777; 12-27-04 at 11:45 PM.
Old 12-28-04, 12:58 AM

dont upgrade till a year or two after hd dvd or whatever. dont listen to these more regular upgraders spending more of their lifespan to contribute more junk to the world unlike us people that upgrade less who spend less lifespan to only contribute allot of junk to the world as opposed to the more regular upgraders whose upgrades contribute more junk to our already excessive junk fake funk nasty shaq dunk...cancel ur cable. wait till a year after hd movies are available when prices and hardware is optimal. then go get ur big hd tv and hd dvd player. for now use ur cable bill money on a netflix subscription most shows go dvd now use any extra money from that to save towards the future upgrade. try watching tv after a month of no commercials. 27inch fine for small room in the mean time u arent stretching out the 720xwhatever over 60inchs. i duno thats my plans i figure that will be the best time to spend money on a tv. some new thing that replaces the tv might come out somehow what then?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!??!????????????????????????????????????!?!?!??!?!?!?!? ?!?!

size=GINORMOUS>?</sizeklfcz>csda
Old 12-28-04, 01:01 AM

dont upgrade till a year or two after hd dvd or whatever. dont listen to these more regular upgraders spending more of their lifespan to contribute more junk to the world unlike us people that upgrade less who spend less lifespan to only contribute allot of junk to the world as opposed to the more regular upgraders whose upgrades contribute more junk to our already excessive junk fake funk nasty shaq dunk...cancel ur cable. wait till a year after hd movies are available when prices and hardware is optimal. then go get ur big hd tv and hd dvd player. for now use ur cable bill money on a netflix subscription most shows go dvd now use any extra money from that to save towards the future upgrade. try watching tv after a month of no commercials. 27inch fine for small room in the mean time u arent stretching out the 720xwhatever over 60inchs. i duno thats my plans i figure that will be the best time to spend money on a tv. some new thing that replaces the tv might come out somehow what then?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!??!????????????????????????????????????!?!?!??!?!?!?!? ?!?!

size=GINORMOUS>?csda
What?
Old 12-28-04, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Daniel L
What?
Perhaps the word is 'amphetamine.'
Old 12-28-04, 03:32 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by carr

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
Old 12-28-04, 07:59 AM

Excellent stuff you have going on there enderwiggin.
Thanks man. I've been working on this thing for over 3 years. Its been worth it though.

Old 12-28-04, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by carr

That *has* to be drugs. Not sure if it's the amphetimines or coke that others have suggested. I was going to guess Heroin myself -

Maybe we should start a poll?
Old 12-28-04, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RandomGuy
What do you (and coffee) think about this set? Where did you buy the stand for it?

I am looking at getting the KV-30HS420 and CC wants ~$200 for their 'Sony' stand. I can get the TV for $900.

Thanks in advance for the input. I am 'trading up' from a 2000/2001 Sony 27".
Old 12-28-04, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm just bummed you took a picture of a TV with Bryant Gumble on it.
Hey, i can't help it that CBS has the hammerlock on March Madness and insists on having the clown host it all
Old 12-28-04, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts
I posted some pics a while back, but have since moved to an apartment. Comments are welcome.

Last edited by Superman07; 12-28-04 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-28-04, 03:38 PM
Banned

And I don't even have a TV.
Old 12-28-04, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts
sorry about that. it took me a few minutes to fix that.
Old 12-28-04, 03:41 PM
sdk

Originally Posted by Janitor
That *has* to be drugs. Not sure if it's the amphetimines or coke that others have suggested. I was going to guess Heroin myself -

Maybe we should start a poll?
My vote goes toward some sort of acid.
Old 12-28-04, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Superman07
I posted some pics a while back, but have since moved to an apartment. Comments are welcome.

Looks great! Could you tell me where you bought the DVD racks? I really like the look of them.

Thanks.
Old 12-28-04, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GaryEA
Looks great! Could you tell me where you bought the DVD racks? I really like the look of them.

Thanks.
Looks like the ones Best Buy sells for 59.99

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.