DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Menu Problems (house of 1000 corpses)

Old 06-01-04, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Menu Problems (house of 1000 corpses)

Well, not really but I've had House of 1000 Corpses for a while on DVD now and thought I should ask just in case there is a solution to the problem.

I did a search but didn't find anything similar posted to this.

On my old RCA DVD player, the main menu on the disc looked and worked fine - period.

I bought a new Toshiba DVD player about 8 months ago and the main menu comes up off center and when you "ring the bell" a black block line goes through the middle of the menu options and stays there. The movie however plays just fine.

Keep in mind, it's the same disc just a different player. I have adjusted everything I could think off on the player (i.e. type of screen 4:3 LB, 4:3 normal, etc... and I have a 27" TV) but can't get rid of the problem - any suggestions or is it something about the player I can't fix and have to live with?
Old 06-01-04, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Could be just a player compatibility issue. So nothing you can do expect view it on another player where it works properly. Yet as long as the film plays fine,I would'nt worry about it.
Old 06-01-04, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, It definitely hasn't bothered me all this time.

Are there are a lot of compatibility issues out there?? I've owned at a ton of movies and never had a problem with any of them except house.
Old 08-30-04, 08:30 AM

I resently tried spinning this disk and it won't play at all. Should I contact Lion's Gate about it? I also remember several months ago it wouldn't play at a friend's house. the disk looks immaculate, it just won't play. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 08-30-04, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've got a Toshiba SD 3900, and haven't had the menu problem you describe.

Batty: If it's too late to return to the store, going to Lions Gate with it might not be a bad idea.