Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Kino - Stan Laurel, Harold Lloyd, Charley Chase

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-04, 09:31 AM
Defunct Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great mural Buford! And I thought I was a big Lloyd fan!

BTW, I should have a review of the Stan Laurel set up some time this weekend.
Old 07-14-04, 11:47 PM

This L&H fan says "Hats Off" to Buford for sharing his Lloyd collection with us.

That mural is a true work of art. Please give whoever painted it a pat on the back from me.
Old 07-14-04, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks.

The artist was at our house five days a week, eight hours a day for three months. He's a perfectionist and wasn't in it for the money.

It was Mrs. Pusser's idea too. We were trying to think of something for him to paint and she suggested Harold. I thought it went with the house since it was built the same year as Safety Last came out.

I have around 100 old postcards, plus many posters, lobby cards, 8X10's, magazines, books, sheet music, pinback buttons, Spanish fans, etc. and a super rare UK game where you pin his hat on him similar to Pin the Tail on the Donkey.

Too darn much stuff.

BTW, I have a double on an old Buster Keaton button I've been meaning to put on eBay if anyone is interested. Just email me.
Old 07-16-04, 10:18 PM

Do many posters of Lloyd films survive? I would think they would be extremely rare. That you have any is surely a testament to your dedication to finding them.

I give major kudos to TCM for showcasing his films. I've enjoyed the ones I've been able to see. Hopefully TCM/Warners can convince Harold's granddaughter to allow them to release his films like they did the Cheney collection.
Old 08-07-04, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No sign of more Laurel and Hardy DVDs? I have the second of the Lost Films series but could never find the others. Are these totally out of print?

And is Babes in Toyland out anywhere? I used to see that on TV all the time...I'd really love to get a copy.
Old 08-08-04, 12:17 AM

TheV - you should be able to find the Lost Films series around if you look hard enough. In fact, I just received one from DDD. You can also get them via Image's website although that means paying full price.

My Babes in Toyland is the colorized version from Goodtimes. Normally I shy far away from colorization but this disc is perhaps the best that BABES looks either in B&W or Color. I thought that DVD is still out there, but maybe it got deleted. If a first rate (and complete) BABES B&W DVD ever surfaces, I'm all over that.