DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Dawn of the Dead Box set (1978 original) - 9/7 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/364953-dawn-dead-box-set-1978-original-9-7-a.html)

QuiGonJosh 05-19-04 06:49 PM

man o man...this set is just gonna be so frickin incredible...this and SW within two weeks! OMG!

mikewendt 05-19-04 08:01 PM

Good news!!!

TomOpus 05-19-04 08:17 PM

I can't wait to hear the final specs... man 'o man, it'll be sweet.

Dan Average 05-20-04 06:14 PM

Reliable sources from another forum indicate that only excerpts from Document of the Dead will be included, as opposed to the full film -- Synapse owns the rights to this and will be releasing it themselves sometime next year. Also the Argento cut is apparently a go.

Matthew Chmiel 05-20-04 06:26 PM

Reliable sources from another forum indicate that only excerpts from Document of the Dead will be included, as opposed to the full film -- Synapse owns the rights to this and will be releasing it themselves sometime next year. Also the Argento cut is apparently a go.
As long as Synapse release their own edition of Document of the Dead and we have all three cuts of the film (theatrical, Cannes, and Argento) on the AB disc; then I'm ready. Let's release this ************ now! :)

Darkfriend 05-20-04 06:28 PM

Very good news indeed!

Dr. DVD 05-20-04 06:47 PM

Hey, that's my Birthday!!! :D

No joking!

ILSA 06-11-04 05:08 PM

The specs are in!
Just announced over at Fango.
Man, what a set!

DISC ONE: U.S. THEATRICAL VERSION
(same contents as March’s single-disc release)
• Widescreen presentation (1.85:1) enhanced for 16x9 TVs
• Audio commentary by writer/director George A. Romero, makeup FX creator Tom Savini and assistant director Chris Romero, moderated by Perry Martin
• Theatrical trailers
• TV spots
• Radio spots
• Poster & advertising gallery
• George A. Romero biography
• Comic book preview
• 5.1 DTS Surround sound
• 5.1 Dolby Surround sound
• 2.0 Dolby Surround
• Original mono track

DISC TWO: EXTENDED VERSION
• Audio commentary by producer Richard P. Rubinstein, moderated by Perry Martin
• Monroeville Mall commercial
• Behind-the-scenes photo gallery
• Memorabilia gallery
• Production stills
• Original mono track

DISC THREE: EUROPEAN VERSION
• Audio commentary by actors David Emge, Ken Foree, Scott H. Reiniger and Gaylen Ross
• International theatrical trailers
• UK TV spots
• International lobby card gallery
• International poster & advertising gallery
• International pressbook gallery
• U.S. & international home video & soundtrack artwork
• Dario Argento biography
• 5.1 Dolby Surround sound
• 2.0 Dolby Surround
• Original mono track

DISC FOUR: DOCUMENTARIES
• DOCUMENT OF THE DEAD, The original documentary filmed during the making of DAWN by Filmmaker Roy Frumkes
• THE DEAD WILL WALK, an all-new 75-minute documentary featuring interviews with cast and crew members Claudio Argento, Dario Argento, Pat Buba, Tony Buba, Zilla Clinton, David Crawford, David Early, David Emge, Ken Foree, Michael Gornick, John Harrison, Clayton Hill, Sharon Ceccatti-Hill, Jim Krut, Leonard Lies, Scott H. Reiniger, Chris Romero, George A. Romero, Gaylen Ross, Tom Savini and Claudio Simonetti
• On-set home movies with audio commentary by zombie extra Robert Langer
• Monroeville Mall tour with Romero

ILSA

TomOpus 06-11-04 05:43 PM

HOLY SHIT...

(feels faint.... gets up) :banana:

sirbrady 06-11-04 05:45 PM

Awesome!! Now that's a box set.

sracer 06-11-04 05:47 PM

Very nice! It's great to see Romero's films being treated with the respect they deserve! Anchor Bay has dramatically improved since the departure of Bill Lustig.

I never thought that I'd be looking forward to triple-dipping on this title. :D

Matthew Chmiel 06-11-04 05:47 PM

HOLY SHIT INDEED!

Now that's going to be one sweet ass box set!

meharry2003 06-11-04 05:51 PM

I can't wait for this!!!!!!!

This is going to be freakin' awesome!

bboisvert 06-11-04 05:55 PM

That's really pretty much everything I could have hoped for and more. Holy shit, indeed.

MSD 06-11-04 05:57 PM

YES!

Bandit03 06-11-04 06:10 PM

:jawdrop: Holy crap! This is going to be an amazing set! :banana:

MahatmaPetey 06-11-04 06:14 PM

WOW what a set, if that's all on there. Definitely worth the wait from the last release to this one.

mikewendt 06-11-04 06:34 PM

THAT'S F//KING AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gizmo 06-11-04 07:35 PM

AWESOME! I only wish they managed to sneek in the Goblin Soundtrack on CD..oh well. Still one of Anchor Bay's top 3 released, and for horror in general.

duckhouse 06-11-04 07:45 PM

Why is the cast commentary on the European version? I haven't seen it but I've heard it's quite different from the other versions (lots of the comedy and characterization cut out). Other than that it looks great.

OldBoy 06-11-04 08:14 PM

yeah..but all this has already been released in R2 sans one of the docs. so what is the biggie? don't all the true fans have all them already?

sracer 06-11-04 08:24 PM

Originally posted by scott1598
yeah..but all this has already been released in R2 sans one of the docs. so what is the biggie? don't all the true fans have all them already?
Ummm, No. There are many of us who require R1 discs.
And before you can chime in with the "get a region free player" some of us have more than one DVD player and want the flexibility of playing the discs on any of them.

The Valeyard 06-11-04 08:50 PM

:drool:

So anyone know if Document of the Dead will have all the extras that the Synapse version has? Just want to know if I should dump it or not.

Jesuz, this set sounds A-MAZ-ING!!!

Andrew

RyoHazuki 06-11-04 09:08 PM

Sweet Cupcake Jesus!

Retail is expected to be around $700.

MrMacabre 06-11-04 09:42 PM

After all the months upon months of hype, I can't help but feel underwhelmed by those specs.

But with that said, what else could one possibly ask for?

Ah, forget it. :-S