DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

best dvd organizer sites

Old 05-06-04, 05:44 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

best dvd organizer sites

i see where most of you on here have your dvds organized on a website what do you feel is the best one, i need to organize mine tomorrow any sugestiions dvd profiler? or what
Old 05-06-04, 05:51 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Hello and welcome! I signed up for each and tried them, but chose DVD Profiler as my favorite (for what it's worth).
Old 05-06-04, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It's a matter of what you're looking for.

DVD Aficionado has a better import function and a clearer, easier layout for display.

DVD Profiler has excellent charts, graphs, and reports and is easily the best pure database.

Guzzlefish is good for statistice ("most collected actors", etc) but is painfully slow.

For my own amusement, I keep all three updated.
Old 05-06-04, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

DVDAF...for me, no contest. new features are being added on a regular basis...go see the site. stop in the forums once yer there and say howdy.
Old 05-06-04, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I use DVD Profiler and Guzzlefish
Old 05-06-04, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I use Excel
http://my.core.com/~mguess/dvdlist.htm
Old 05-06-04, 11:32 PM

There is a software from collectorz.com that is very good. You have to run it on your PC. Good for those that don't want to put their information on the internet.
Old 05-06-04, 11:55 PM

I use the collectorz.com software - its perfect for my needs.
Old 05-07-04, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by wolverine1028
There is a software from collectorz.com that is very good. You have to run it on your PC. Good for those that don't want to put their information on the internet.
How does collectorz.com movie manager compare to dvdprofiler? I've tried the latter and purchased collectorz.com music manager, so I'm privy to the high quality of their programming. I'm basically concerned about the quality and quantity of their DVD database. DVDProfiler has a pretty hefty inventory, but if collectorz.com is just as great or greater, than perhaps a switch is in order.
Old 05-07-04, 05:16 AM

I like profiler. It is easy to update, and has a very complete database
Old 05-07-04, 10:36 AM

DVD Profiler gets my vote
Old 05-07-04, 10:37 AM

DVD Profiler gets my vote as well.
Old 05-07-04, 11:32 AM
MSD

DVDAF is definitely the best by far.
Old 05-07-04, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have the Premium Profiler (one time $25 fee), and have been very happy with it for the last year.

Click on my sig link for the online version. What I like most is the off-line program that breaks down everything for you, and is extremely easy and thorough.
Old 05-07-04, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It really depends on what you are looking for. Like a few others, I use dvd profiler, DVDAF and Guzzlefish.

DVD profiler is the only one that allows you to enter purchase information. They also have a great feature that allows you to track who you lend disks out to. I love that feature.

Guzzlefish is great because it can also track your cd's and video games. But it is PAINFULLY slow.

DVDAF is the easiest to use but also the most basic. If you are just looking for a place to keep a list of your dvds, this is probably the one for you.

Hope some of this helps...
Old 05-07-04, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by chsidwel
DVD profiler is the only one that allows you to enter purchase information.
This is my abaolute favorite feature. Store, price, date, and even personal notes about the DVD are available. I have dabbled with DVDAF and GF, and really saw no contest when it came to features that I would use regularly.
Old 05-07-04, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by antennaball
It's a matter of what you're looking for.

DVD Aficionado has a better import function and a clearer, easier layout for display.

DVD Profiler has excellent charts, graphs, and reports and is easily the best pure database.

Guzzlefish is good for statistice ("most collected actors", etc) but is painfully slow.

For my own amusement, I keep all three updated.
This is a pretty good synopsis of the advantages of the three. I also keep all three updated.

My favorite is DVD Profiler, but DVD Af is pretty good too.
Old 05-07-04, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by chsidwel
DVD profiler is the only one that allows you to enter purchase information.
Actually, DVD Aficionado also allows this (click a title or ten or 100 and pick edit my titles in the "My DVD" menu). DVD Profiler still has the advantage for me, because it allows me to export all that information to excel (or use a report) so I can figure out all kinds of stupid statistics (such as my average per DVD at Columbia House), but DVD Af does have the ability to enter purchase info (as well as who you rented it to, how much you want to sell it for, and some customized catagories).
Old 05-07-04, 12:30 PM

I'm lucky enough to be one of the chosen ones on DVDAF... and so a little partial.

What I LOVE about DVDAF is the PDA functionality. I have my entire DVD collection (800+) on my little Palm Tungsten C that I can take with me wherever I go. It even has the cover art photos...

I find this immensely useful, especially with my WISH LIST. When at a secondhand store (pawn shop, etc) I know exactly which version of which movies I'm looking for... and can make my purchases accordingly.

Highly recommended.
Old 05-07-04, 12:32 PM

An Maccies?

I still wish Profiler were Mac-compatible. I really like client-side database software for collecting (as opposed to just entering it in on a website somewhere) that is barcode scanner-compatible, too. Unfortunately, it looks like we will never see DVD Profiler for Mac OS X.

CS
Old 05-07-04, 12:48 PM
Suspended

(Regarding their perspective web pages)

DVD AF: Very amateurish. Loads entire collection on one page, 56k killer, looks like something I could do on excel. Reminds me of my 1st web page in high school created w/ hotdog.

Guzzle Fish: Looks good, but way too crowded.

DVD Profiler: Collection is listed on the left window, movie info on the right. Simple, effective, great layout, constant updates. Oh wait, it's what I use.
Old 05-07-04, 04:37 PM

Another vote for DVD Profiler, although if you have a lot of DVD's (400+), you will need to purchase a premium registration to upload My Profiler to the web.
Old 05-07-04, 09:12 PM

I have used DVDAf,DVDProfiler and Guzzlefish.
Out of the three I pick DVDAf becuase it is the fastest for me because DVD Profiler always gives me Errors and Guzzlefish is slow but I do have an account for Guzzlefish in cast they might pick up the pace or something like that but I only list my Owned DVD on Guzzlefish. DVDAf is the one I use the most to organize my Owned/Ordered/Wishlist and Have Seen
Old 05-07-04, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I definately preer DVDProfiler out of all that I have used
Old 05-07-04, 10:40 PM

i've always used DVD Aficionado and i like it enough to never bother with the others. incredibly easy to use.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.