Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Daredevil Director's Cut 30 Nov

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-03, 11:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nothing can help this movie. It will allways be on my top 10 worst movies of all time with a huge budget.
Old 11-25-03, 11:57 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Yet you read threads about it on internet fora?

Man, you must really be a glutton for punishment.
Old 11-26-03, 12:53 AM

There'll be a scene showing Kingpin beating the hell out of his sparring partners. That makes sense to me. In the theatrical cut, I think you'd need to have knowledge of the comics to really appreciate how physically dangerous the Kingpin was.

Also, I have no idea why there is so much hate for this film. I saw it with a bunch of jaded, sarcastic friends and we all enjoyed the movie a lot. Funny, moving (the father stuff), decent action, good visuals and well paced. What's not to like? The only thing I disliked was the lack of Kingpin, but I suppose they'll fix that.

Last edited by John Spartan; 11-26-03 at 12:56 AM.
Old 11-26-03, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Do they replace the lame nu-metal/sensitive guy WB rock music from the soundtrack with just a normal movie score?
Old 11-26-03, 12:20 PM
Banned

Its possible...but I thought the rock music worked quite well for this type of film...theres plenty of traditional score for the film...It works rather like the rock music in The Crow did...of course Crow had better music...but still...each song works for the scene its in...
Old 11-26-03, 12:40 PM
Banned

I wanched this at my ex girlfriends house on a 20" Zenith TV played on an APEX dvd player which was set up in 16x9 mode and the movie still sucked, so I ain't picking up no stinkin' director's cut.
Old 11-26-03, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

damn...i just got daredevil from CH. i want this new version instead. im willing to wait.

but its still unopened. can i return it for another dvd? if not, how much could i get for it on ebay?
Old 11-27-03, 11:39 AM
Cool New Member

I'll buy an extended cut of this film because I grew up with the Comics (specifically the Miller run that this is taken from). I have a feeling I will appreciate it as I can still recall the images and story lines from the books.
Old 11-27-03, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by B.S.Preston,ESQ
I wanched this at my ex girlfriends house on a 20" Zenith TV played on an APEX dvd player which was set up in 16x9 mode and the movie still sucked, so I ain't picking up no stinkin' director's cut.
Glad to see you love it as much as the rest of us. See you on release day!
Old 11-27-03, 05:56 PM

Originally posted by VoreLord
Can they use some CGI to replace Ben Affleck ?
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH LMFAOROTFL HAHAHAHAHHA i think he did an allright job actually. maybe the new version will have a tittie shot of jennufer garner, lol. not likely
Old 11-27-03, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is this movie good enough to warrant a directors cut? I'm suprised so many people will double dip.
Old 11-28-03, 01:14 AM

the movie was okay. but i thought it was starting to get a little disjointed in the middle of the movie. plus, the thing i hated the most was that there were too many close-up's during the fight scenes. it was like the film makers didn't give Yuen Cheong-Yan enough freedom to do the fights the way he wants it.
Old 11-29-03, 09:37 AM

Spoiler:
How did bullseye survive the fall? Did anyone watch the mid-credit sequence where he is shown recovering in a hospital and pins a fly on the wall with one of his darts?
Old 11-29-03, 09:41 AM

Ben Affleck looks exactly like John Romita's drawing of Matt Murdock. In fact he also looks very much like Romita's drawing of Peter Parker or Peter Rasputin(Colossus). Anyone here who was slamming Affleck's casting ever read the comic books?
Old 11-29-03, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Hobgoblin
Spoiler:
How did bullseye survive the fall? Did anyone watch the mid-credit sequence where he is shown recovering in a hospital and pins a fly on the wall with one of his darts?
hes a comic book character... duh!

j
Old 11-29-03, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

In my opinion, even as an Afleck hater, Afleck was the only one doin' a good job in Daredevil and the only good thing about the movie.
Old 11-29-03, 09:31 PM

Originally posted by LivingINClip
In my opinion, even as an Afleck hater, Afleck was the only one doin' a good job in Daredevil and the only good thing about the movie.
Nope. Jenny Garner was the best thing in the movie IMHO. Michael Duncan was the worst thing in the movie. Affleck was adequate.
Old 11-30-03, 03:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
Originally posted by Hobgoblin
Nope. Jenny Garner was the best thing in the movie IMHO. Michael Duncan was the worst thing in the movie. Affleck was adequate.
Woah!. Agree. Agree. Agree [but was the BOMB in Phantoms!... finish the rest ]
Old 12-08-03, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
oh and one thing
Daredevil 1.5 ( ) has been Rated R for Violence and Language by the mpaa.
Old 12-08-03, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ben Affleck did an OK job with what he was given scriptwise (which wasnt much). It could have been a lot worse (Batman and Robin anyone ?? ).

Jennifer garner was cute(as always) but an empty character. The star of course was Bullseye.

Definitley one to rent or to pick up from your CH enrollment.
Old 12-09-03, 05:05 AM
Banned

I thought everyone did a damn good job in the flick...I think the extra 30 min will silence most people...
Old 12-09-03, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by QuiGonJosh
I thought everyone did a damn good job in the flick...I think the extra 30 min will silence most people...
I'm hoping.
Old 12-09-03, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts
Originally posted by QuiGonJosh
Same here, I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would and am looking forward to the new cut.
Old 12-09-03, 08:22 AM
Cool New Member

I was more than a little underwhelmed by the theatrical cut.

Affleck and Garner were adequate in acting but their action sequences were rather lame. In fact, most of the action seemed really out of place for me. The one sequence that had both Affleck and Garner in plain clothes struck me as rather lame (to say nothing about it being incredibly unlikely that Matt Murdock would strut his fighting abilities in public - hello, he's trying to keep a secret identity!). And the fight between Daredevil and Bullseye in the church seemed like a scene out of Spider-Man! Come on, the Daredevil is supposed to be a regular guy with extra senses (okay he may be extremely agile and all but he's supposed to be still human).

The Kingpin was very underdeveloped as a character and whilst Michael Duncan had the bulk, I think he overacted as the Kingpin. I sort of envisaged the Kingpin as less maniacal and more cool and deadly.

But I think the worst character had to be Bullseye. Yes he's insane but I never imagined him as part comic relief. And his whole get-up just didn't work for me.

Anyhow, despite all that, the worst part of the movie had to be the attempt to put so much of the Daredevil mythos into a single movie (and a rather short one at that). It would have been preferable for them to focus on, say Daredevil and the Kingpin (and perhaps Ben Urich) for the first movie and leave Elektra and Bullseye for a second. That said, its already done so I'd imagine a longer running time can only improve the movie so I'll keep my fingers crossed that the director's cut will be better than the theatrical cut.

That said, I probably would want to wait till I see a couple of reviews before purchasing the director's cut (even though I couldn't bring myself to buy the theatrical cut).
Old 12-29-03, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any current news updates on this? Thinking about trading some DVDs in this week and wondering if I should add the current one to the pile.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.