Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Daredevil Director's Cut 30 Nov

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-04, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by fumanstan

A point of interest... it says "Spiderman kicked it off – its success paving the way for X-Men, The Hulk, The Punisher and various sequels either made or in the works, along with the upcoming Fantastic Four, Elektra and Ghost Ride" when X-Men came out first.

Truthfully XMen was released first and did some stellar business. But Spiderman did give the type of film the shot in the leg that really caused the studios to start pumping them out, of course then X2 just added to it so it's hardly easy to point a finger at what did it. But in relation to Daredevil, it was the massive business of Spiderman that caused the studio to up the budget from 50 mil to 75 mil, so it's correct in a way.
Old 10-25-04, 10:00 PM
Banned

Sounds good. (No pun intended.) Wonder why a few minutes were actually cut? Pacing maybe?

Originally posted by jough
I think this one will be a rental-only for me - I was hoping for some extras.
Well, there is apparently one featurette and a new commentary. And as the featurette shows that
"The director, along with producers Avi Arad and Gary Foster, discusses the changes, talking about the flaws of the theatrical cut and the advantages of this release. They also mentioned that this DVD release was originally supposed to be a branching edition with the director’s cut available as well as the theatrical, but they opted instead for more extras and better technical details."

Last edited by Mike Lowrey; 10-25-04 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-25-04, 11:07 PM

I'll double-dip on this, despite the fact that it humiliates me to admit this. And as a punishment I'll be continuously humiliated for years to come everytime someone sees two different copies of Daredevil on my shelf or in my DVDProfiler list. I deserve and accept this.
Old 10-26-04, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts
I'll just merge the dvd's into one case, probably the DC one.