Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

One/Only Evil Dead Series Versions thread (merged in effect thread)

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

One/Only Evil Dead Series Versions thread (merged in effect thread)

Old 12-13-07, 02:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Matthew Ackerly
What's that black and yellow cover in the advertisment above??
Outer slipcase.
Old 12-13-07, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Definintely getting ED + Halloween for the discount at BB. hatchet wasnt bad but will wait till it hits below the $10 mark.
Old 12-14-07, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Review up at dvdactive:

http://www.dvdactive.com/reviews/dvd...e-edition.html
Old 12-14-07, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dullboy
It will be $16.99 at Best Buy, plus you can get another $5 off if you purchase Halloween (remake) or Hatchet with it. I can spring for that.
Seriously?

Shit, I'm gonna have to make a stop at Best Buy for this release, if only because I've yet to buy one of the releases for this movie yet.
Old 12-18-07, 10:30 PM

Just got the Ultimate. So I was checking out the extras and on the third disc in the first Ladies of the Evil Dead segment Theresa Tilly goes: "We've just seen it the other day. We were doing the commentary..." Now my question is: WHERE THE HELL IS IT??? Why isn't it included on the set? Is Anchor Bay getting another edition ready???

It was almost like that time on the Grudge commentary when in the middle of the movie Rob Tapert happens to mention another dvd release and Sam Raimi goes: "You know that all the kids who are watching this are going 'WHAT??? You've made me spend $20 on this?!?!?'"
Old 12-18-07, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Evil ASh
Just got the Ultimate. So I was checking out the extras and on the third disc in the first Ladies of the Evil Dead segment Theresa Tilly goes: "We've just seen it the other day. We were doing the commentary..." Now my question is: WHERE THE HELL IS IT??? Why isn't it included on the set? Is Anchor Bay getting another edition ready???

It was almost like that time on the Grudge commentary when in the middle of the movie Rob Tapert happens to mention another dvd release and Sam Raimi goes: "You know that all the kids who are watching this are going 'WHAT??? You've made me spend $20 on this?!?!?'"
Thanks for the wonderful findings Evil ASh!
Old 12-18-07, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Where is Xage with his updated pics???
Old 12-18-07, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by cracksky
Outer slipcase.
No slipcase by the way.

The said set is a gatefold type of packaging.

Evil Dead : Ultimate Edition

Poster Insert (Back to Back Art)

Disc Packaging Art (Inner and Outer)

Old 12-18-07, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

*hands Xage a cigarette*
Old 12-19-07, 02:27 AM

I've never seen Evil Dead. Does the price on Anchor Bay titles go down quickly? I saw it at BB for $16.99. I had no idea if it was a good price or not.
Old 12-19-07, 02:38 AM

I have the Book of the Dead version, but this is still more than worth picking up for such a fan like myself. I get the fullscreen version, which is nice to have for the OAR. I don't have Ladies of the Evil Dead documentary, so thats nice to have. The packaging is just incredible. Worth every penny!
Old 12-19-07, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I picked this up today, along with the Blade Runner suitcase.

All in all, a good DVD day for me.
Old 12-19-07, 05:44 AM

Ooooh, a poster! I'm sold already.
Old 12-19-07, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, all the ones I saw at BB didn't have a slipcase, either. So, I wonder if that black and yellow cover in the advertisement was just temporary cover art or what...and if in Mr. Coolman's pic, there were just two copies of the set.
Old 12-19-07, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also picked this up, it is hot.
Old 12-19-07, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That's a great price at Best Buy. I forgot this was out this week, so I'll be making a trip over there soon.
Old 12-19-07, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan
Definintely getting ED + Halloween for the discount at BB. hatchet wasnt bad but will wait till it hits below the $10 mark.
I found Hatchet at Wal Mart for $9.99.
Old 12-19-07, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by davejt1
I found Hatchet at Wal Mart for $9.99.

That movie worth a blind buy?
Old 12-19-07, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Evil ASh

mabe hope for the short film as well in the future then
Old 12-24-07, 08:36 PM

Im not that technically meticulous with the aspect ratio and picture quality of the film however below are the are the screencaps I got from the four different Evil Dead DVD releases.

A great reference to the rest who would like to see the differences in picture quality

1998 Anchorbay Release(from the Super Jewel Case)
1.33:1 Aspect Ratio

1999 Elite Release

2002 Anchorbay THX/Book Of the Dead Release
1.85:1 Presentation

2007 Anchorbay Ultimate Edition
1.85:1 Presentation
Old 01-08-08, 10:59 AM

Here is the recent updated image of the Evil Dead (in DVD, UMD, HD and Blu Ray Format) collection

Lately, it seems, there is an increase of curiosity of what really the "Lunchbox" Set is (based from questions I got from other forums where I posted the Evil Dead Collection).

For collectors and DVD hunters, the best advised I could give is that it is really really HARD TO FIND! (I think this replaced the Blockbuster release for one of the rarest and the most difficult to get).. anyways, I hope the UPC# helps... its 013131209594

Take Note... the two lunchbox are almost identical

Originally Posted by xage
EVIL DEAD DVD in a Lunchbox (LE) by Anchorbay
v.s.
EVIL DEAD Lunchbox #5000 by NECA

***Outer Packaging Differences***

*click the photos to enlarge
Old 01-08-08, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here is the recent updated image of the Evil Dead (in DVD, UMD, HD and Blu Ray Format) collection

Lately, it seems, there is an increase of curiosity of what really the "Lunchbox" Set is (based from questions I got from other forums where I posted the Evil Dead Collection).

For collectors and DVD hunters, the best advised I could give is that it is really really HARD TO FIND! (I think this replaced the Blockbuster release for one of the rarest and the most difficult to get).. anyways, I hope the UPC# helps... its 013131209594

Take Note... the two lunchbox are almost identical
Impressive....most impressive.
Old 01-08-08, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Im not that technically meticulous with the aspect ratio and picture quality of the film however below are the are the screencaps I got from the four different Evil Dead DVD releases.

A great reference to the rest who would like to see the differences in picture quality

1999 Elite Release
So, I'm assuming that the full frame version of the film on disc 2 will be the Elite transfer? Am I correct on that?

Oh, I was at an F.Y.E. and found a used, but in immaculate condition, copy of the Evil Dead II tin set with everything included, down to the advert of the Evil Dead video game, for $29.99. So, with my employee discount it dropped it to $21.99. I thought it was a pretty good deal.

Last edited by RagingBull80; 01-08-08 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-08-08, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by RagingBull80
So, I'm assuming that the full frame version of the film on disc 2 will be the Elite transfer? Am I correct on that?
NOPE, the AB version in the set contains the lighting striking tree(& I think one other bit that was altered in Elite transfer) unlike the Elite disc which cuts it out.
Old 01-11-08, 09:02 AM

Yes, It was the Elite version. Care to share the #d edition of you Evil Dead 2 Tin? and YES it was a very good cost for an OOP/LImited Edition Set.

Originally Posted by RagingBull80

Oh, I was at an F.Y.E. and found a used, but in immaculate condition, copy of the Evil Dead II tin set with everything included, down to the advert of the Evil Dead video game, for $29.99. So, with my employee discount it dropped it to $21.99. I thought it was a pretty good deal.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.