Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Sticky Case

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-11, 11:44 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sticky Case

We've all had problems with sticky residue left from security stickers on our otherwise perfect dvd cases. I have an interesting problem. I have a tin cased dvd set that had massive sticker gunk on the edges. I used vegetable oil to get rid of the residue, but for some strange reason, the entire back of the case is really...tacky, I'd guess you'd call it. If I lay it on a blanket or sheet, etc, then the case picks up lint and stuff like that. If I lay it on top of another dvd that has the plastic wrap (If I have a dvd set that is rare or just plain expensive and would take a lot to replace, I keep the plastic on, leaving it open so I can get the movie out), the case will stick to the plastic. Any idea of how to make the tin case un-sticky ? I've tried water, which didn't work. I've also tried, gross as it may be, saliva. Which seemed to work at the time, but the next time I picked up the dvd, it was sticky again. Oh, well. Do you think that something like Goo Gone would work ? There isn't any residue left from the stickers. The case just has an all over stickyness to it.

Last edited by Spottedfeather; 09-30-11 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-30-11, 01:03 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sticky Case

Goo Gone has never failed me especially when I had bought DVDs that had been sitting around a while beforehand and the adhesive really settled in. Try testing Goo Gone on a small area; if that doesn't work, give Oops Remover a try.
Old 10-04-11, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sticky Case

Goo Gone is the way to go. If you have to use a lot and it leaves any kind of oily residue behind, you can follow up by wiping it down with rubbing alcohol.