Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part III)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part III)

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-08, 10:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by howwon
I stopped ordering any SteelBooks online with Future Shop. They use shi**y bubble mailers and every order would arrived damaged. I though that I could save a trip to the store and just have it mailed to me for an extra $1.99. I ended up returning almost every order back to the store and rebuying another store copy.

This way, it gives me an opportunity to inspect the case for any damage. I f***en hate getting damaged SteelBooks in the mail. (end or rant)
Yeah so do i, i much prefer buying them myself instore but this is just in case it's rare ( i know it's a huge release but i'd rather be sure to get it).

When i checked it a day or two ago it was sold out for pre-orders, and when i decided to pre-order they only had 12 left. So i just want to be sure i get my Iron Man Blu -Ray steelbook!
Old 08-19-08, 10:04 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 930 Likes on 779 Posts
I stopped ordering any SteelBooks online with Future Shop. They use shi**y bubble mailers and every order would arrived damaged. I though that I could save a trip to the store and just have it mailed to me for an extra $1.99. I ended up returning almost every order back to the store and rebuying another store copy.

This way, it gives me an opportunity to inspect the case for any damage. I f***en hate getting damaged SteelBooks in the mail. (end or rant)
BB US is the same way and i will never use them again for shipping. they shipped the "Office Space" Gift Set in a big bubble velope. needlesstosay it didn't come mint!
Old 08-19-08, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by hindolio
top notch job maitaining the thread scott
thanks hindolio (i take back my peeing guy post ). it really has been a pleasure given the great discussions and key info. that we all have and share with one another!
Old 08-20-08, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scott1598
BB US is the same way and i will never use them again for shipping. they shipped the "Office Space" Gift Set in a big bubble velope. needlesstosay it didn't come mint!
You figure that a company as big as Best Buy, would know better than to ship a gift set in a f***en bubble mailer. Bunch of dumb a$$.

On a more technical note, how come this site was down for almost two hours?
Old 08-20-08, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You figure that a company as big as Best Buy, would know better than to ship a gift set in a f***en bubble mailer. Bunch of dumb a$$.

On a more technical note, how come this site was down for almost two hours?

Sorry to hear both of you guys had problems with shipments. I too have had many problems with Best Buy and glad I am not alone in this matter. For a while I thought maybe my postal deliverer just hated me :?

Call corporate and complain and maybe eventually someone will listen. Because whenever you call corporate and complain enough, you might be lucky enough to get a "gift card" compensation for their error...doesn't make the problem go away, but if they lose enough $$ maybe someone will get a hint and listen?

I am not familiar with Future Shop, but maybe complaining to their corporate could help too?

And yes howwon, I agree, nothing more painful than seeing a damaged steelbook arrive in the mail I feel your pain...
Old 08-20-08, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DarkEyes
so 50 states in America that comes out to about 1,000 copies per state...

explains why some states/stores have more then others.... so this will be rare and limited then...
Ahem, xage said North America, which means Canada probably took about 10%-15% or 5,000-7500 copies.

xage, how did you arrive at 50,000?
Here is what I gathered from a Bestbuy Marketing Insider said that Warner home video contracted Bestbuy & Scanovo for 50,000 copies. IMHO, it may or may not be true
but from where Im at right now its raining numerous stocks on hand from more than 10 Bestbuy stores.

here is a cp shot from one Bestbuy store (who reportedly got like 75 in stock) as of 5:30pm today they still have 48 in stock

If the members here who thinks they are rare since the stores near them stocked up to 2 steelbook, thats you own experience..

You cant blame me thinking and believing different as all Bestbuy stores I've been at, got above 20 to 70 stocks.

My conclusion:

I think the so called "2" per store is exagerated and ridiculously misinterpreted by most steelbook follower/resellers as max per store in this week's Bestbuy Ad.

Last edited by xage; 08-20-08 at 01:55 AM.
Old 08-20-08, 01:07 AM

anyways:

Steelbook Haul for me this week..

Too much talk on the Sarah Connor Steelbook...

It seem like most forgot about the blunder of distribution that Funimation did with its 1st batch of Geneon re-releases including steelbooks supposedly available today 08/19/08.

WTK, any chance getting an inside scoop about this?

Oh, the Proposition and Immortal Steelbooks.. go get it while it cost $9.99 at Target (YMMV)
Old 08-20-08, 02:11 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 537 Likes on 473 Posts
Originally Posted by xage
It seem like most forgot about the blunder of distribution that Funimation did with its 1st batch of Geneon re-releases including steelbooks supposedly available today 08/19/08.

WTK, any chance getting an inside scoop about this?
What did you need to know? I know at the moment that Best Buy stores won't stock any of these Geneon/FUNimation releases/re-releases. Best Buy is becoming a lot more selective on stocking anime. TWEC stores should have them in-stock. I'm not sure about other retailers like FRYs, Hastings,...otherwise numerous online retailers will carry them. I have heard that a couple of the Black Lagoon re-releases may be slightly delayed with one of the online retailer. Therefore, there shouldn't be any major delays.
Old 08-20-08, 07:00 AM

Here is what I gathered from a Bestbuy Marketing Insider said that Warner home video contracted Bestbuy & Scanovo for 50,000 copies. IMHO, it may or may not be true
but from where Im at right now its raining numerous stocks on hand from more than 10 Bestbuy stores.

here is a cp shot from one Bestbuy store (who reportedly got like 75 in stock) as of 5:30pm today they still have 48 in stock

If the members here who thinks they are rare since the stores near them stocked up to 2 steelbook, thats you own experience..

You cant blame me thinking and believing different as all Bestbuy stores I've been at, got above 20 to 70 stocks.

My conclusion:

I think the so called "2" per store is exagerated and ridiculously misinterpreted by most steelbook follower/resellers as max per store in this week's Bestbuy Ad.
That's great news! I hope my local Best Buy is the same way. I remember with The Bourne Ultimatum and I Am Legend they had tons for weeks afterwards. In fact, they might still have one of two of each lying around. He's hoping that I'm able to get SCC tomorrow.
Old 08-20-08, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by WTK
What did you need to know? I know at the moment that Best Buy stores won't stock any of these Geneon/FUNimation releases/re-releases. Best Buy is becoming a lot more selective on stocking anime. TWEC stores should have them in-stock. I'm not sure about other retailers like FRYs, Hastings,...otherwise numerous online retailers will carry them. I have heard that a couple of the Black Lagoon re-releases may be slightly delayed with one of the online retailer. Therefore, there shouldn't be any major delays.

TWEC and FRYS - nothing at all (both online and instore). DD - not available also.
Old 08-20-08, 09:08 AM

anyway you put it 50k is limited for an item. weather some stores are getting more than other, or they all got the same amount. at 50k just for the us thats about 1 ONE sarah steelbook per 6,000 people in the us, and your saying north america to include canada which is about 1 per 6,680
Old 08-20-08, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Proposition and Immortal

For the people that have these movies, I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this movie. I do not expect to receive this movie until September/ October.
Old 08-20-08, 11:15 AM

For the people that have these movies, I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this movie. I do not expect to receive this movie until September/ October.

On the movies: "The Proposition" Is an very ,very good Independent Australian western with a solid cast. The film was taken very serously by the filmakers, in my oppinion it is one the best westerns ever made.

On the Steelbook: It has a flat surface, and I found the art to be supercool!

Immortal, on the film: The film was made in 2004, and its 85% CGI annimation with real life actors blended in. The film was produced by many diffrent international production companies: Medussa Films (Italy) TF1 (France) CIBY 2000 (UK). Its an ok film, nothing that you would rewatch again and again.

On the steelbook: I love the fact the title is broiled, everything else is flat surce, I personally dont think the film deserved the steelbook treatmen, but now that it has been released ill take it.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-20-08, 12:24 PM
Cool New Member

TWEC and FRYS - nothing at all (both online and instore). DD - not available also.

I received an email on 8/15 from DD that my BLACK LAGOON-2ND SEASON V.01 (LE) had shipped. No word yet on 1st Season V.02 (le) and V.03 (le) which I have also ordered.
Old 08-20-08, 04:22 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by ob1ob
I received an email on 8/15 from DD that my BLACK LAGOON-2ND SEASON V.01 (LE) had shipped. No word yet on 1st Season V.02 (le) and V.03 (le) which I have also ordered.
It could be select shipments to retailers (in-store and/or online). I know my copy from DD hasn't shipped yet. If you're looking for just the Vol.1 SteelBook for the 2nd Season, it does show up on FYE.com. However it's $35.99...
Old 08-20-08, 04:23 PM
WTK

Dragon Ball Z: Cooler's Revenge/The Return of Cooler...release date TBD
Release Date: 11/11/2008.
Old 08-20-08, 04:48 PM

it's just too bad they put quotes on the cover of "The Proposition", otherwise nice looking. i actually took my R2 HMV Exclusive art cards and 2nd disc which has exclusive interviews and fit it perfectly inside to have quite the Collector's Edition.

Last edited by OldBoy; 08-20-08 at 05:00 PM.
Old 08-20-08, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

xage, thank you for the clarification and for posting the picture.

Cheers
Old 08-20-08, 07:05 PM

Got both The Proposition and Immortal at Target for 9.99.

This brings me to 30 Steelbooks.
Old 08-20-08, 07:17 PM

I was able to make it to Best Buy tonight just before closing. There were no Sarah Connor Chronicle steelbooks. Ugh. However, there curiously no regular standard definition DVDs either. And there were only three Blu-Ray copies. Is this show really that popular? I asked a woman who worked there about it. She said they may be getting in a shipment tomorrow, but she doesn't how it breaks up between steelbook, regular, and Blu-Ray. I'm hoping that they only got a partial shipment and they'll have steelbooks tomorrow. I forgot to ask when I should show up. Does anyone know when they get their shipments, how long it takes them to get everything out, and what time I should show up?
Old 08-20-08, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no doubt terminator steelbooks are relatively hard to find now, but is it just me? or is 50k kinda not really a smallish number?
Old 08-20-08, 10:58 PM

did you see my math above? in other areas of collecting 50k is limited
Old 08-21-08, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dang, the T2 HD DVD is going for a bout 60 bucks on ebay, is that a fair price?
Old 08-21-08, 01:01 AM

xage, thank you for the clarification and for posting the picture.

Cheers
Actually its more of a response from this post from the previous thread :

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=854
Originally Posted by JonKramer991
Just returned from the local Best Buy, I was there at their 10 AM opening, they had a grand total of THREE Sarah Connor steelbooks, all 3 were in the new release section, none to be found in the TV section and none in the Sci-Fi section. Anyone else find more than three?
I got more than three

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=856
Originally Posted by JonKramer991
Personally I think it's a short run, the price is quite low for the set plus the steelbook. When they stated 'minimum 2 per store' they were NOT kidding!
Nahh.. they were kidding

Last edited by xage; 08-21-08 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-21-08, 12:03 PM

Double post due to forum issues.

Last edited by Senor Javi; 08-21-08 at 04:23 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.