Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

'The Sopranos' Design

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-08, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'The Sopranos' Design

To all of those who have 'The Sopranos' on DVD - In most pictures, the sets have a cigar case-like design, where you seem to flip open the front and pull out the box of discs. In the version I got, though, the discs come out from the bottom of an ordinary slip case. I'm just curious to know if all the sets have been changed to this design or did I just get a random anomaly?

And should I wait until the rumored Christmas 2008 box set to get the rest? I'm just wondering if they'll have a whole bunch of extras when the big set does come out.
Old 03-08-08, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't have an answer to the question, but that is interesting. HBO has been changing up their rather unique packaging in exchange for boring, ordinary packaging on recent releases. Season 4 of "The Wire" was packaged differently than the other seasons, and crammed onto four discs instead of five, and season 6 of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" was also packaged differently than the previous seasons. It's not a huge deal, but kind of upsetting.

Also, I would wait on finishing your "Sopranos" collection regardless. Once the complete series set comes out, the individual seasons will probably be cheaper too. Not to mention Best Buy's annual 50% off HBO DVDs sale during Black Friday and the holiday season.
Old 03-09-08, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
At least HBO decided to change up their packaging after Six Feet Under and The Sopranos were all released. Imagine them switching up the last seasons of each show with their dull new packaging!