Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

HDDVD/BluRay: Will they always have the colors?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-07, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm curious to know if they will always have this kind of packaging. Frankly I like the way DVD packaging looks. I realize that the packaging is mostly to help people distinguish between the two formats. Assuming one format eventually takes out the other, will they go away from that annoying packaging?
-T
Old 11-06-07, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't imagine them changing the packaging. I do agree with you that it is annoying, just as it was irritating that DVDs only briefly came in space saving jewel cases.
Old 11-07-07, 12:39 AM

haven't yet made my way over to the HD side yet, but i don't think they would change the packaging even if one format wins out. it wouldn't make sense to just up and change the packaging. if i were into either format, i'd be pretty annoyed if they did, seeing as i'm a stickler for uniformity on my shelves.

who came up with that packaging in the first place though? i wonder why they decided to use the same packaging but just go for different colors? i would've expected them to be more original in their packaging as a way to entice customers/draw attention to itself.
Old 11-07-07, 06:46 PM

I think the two sides talked to each other, couldn't agree on a merger but did at least agree to put incredibly gaudy colors on their packaging so that no one would ever complain about getting the wrong one.