Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Why so hard to open a new DVD?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-05, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having a hard time imagining why the manufacturers of DVDs must make it so TOUGH to open purchased DVDs. I had to get thru two layers to enjoy my most recent purchase. The top layer: a thin film of plastic. No biggie. The next layer presented the challenge: thick, very adhesive tape on three of four sides (top, bottom, right side). I need a knife to open that. Usually I get by without any nicks or punture wounds.

Can anyone direct me to a website where I can lodge my complaint with the DVD manufacturers?
Old 08-12-05, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It's called anti-theft protection. It's a pain in the ass but that's what it is. Only in America though. I buy plenty of discs from overseas and none of them have this kind of seal.
Old 08-12-05, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I posted this in his duplicate thread
And what would be a better way for stores to catch thieves? Hire more loss prevention? Put more cameras in the building? That's fine. You can shop at those stores and pay $25 per dvd
Old 08-12-05, 10:16 PM
Banned

This is such a stupid question. Prying the stickers off DVDs is a cakewalk compared to the stickers they put on CD jewel cases. The DVD stickers can usually be pulled off in one piece. The stickers on CDs usually splinter and peel off in multiple pieces.

Do I like being bothered with security stickers? Yep, but what is lonely ol' me gonna do about it? Calling up and bitching to the DVD manufacturers is only gonna get me laughed at and made to look like a whiney fool.

Security stickers is just one of those things in life that you have to learn to deal with. Don't like them, stop buying the DVDs/CDs.

Look at it this way, at least they don't say, "Do not remove under penalty of law." as those pesky matress tags do.