Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Michael Corvin VI: The Wrath of Eisner

DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Old 06-17-04, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 336 Likes on 243 Posts

Well since everything has gone downhill on that other site, Disney-wise, I have kicked it in gear to finish this set. Only Cinderella remains. Take a look:

and for fun (this was pulled from the other site):

** Some notes**.

*I don't like the poster for Bambi. But that is the best I have. I did it as if it is for a LD or VHS transfer(since the dvd doesn't come out til next year). No features box, no special character work on the back. UPC is from the VHS 55th Anniversary version.

*I updated all the UPCs and ISBNs. They are all correct now.

*Changed the spine titles for Black Cauldron, Fox & the Hound, & Oliver & Co. They are now easier to read.

*Lined up all the titles, as you can see in the first pic.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 06-17-04 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-17-04, 09:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Absolutely stunning - never even imagined what they all look like together - personally I havent gotten use out of them becasue I havent bothered to upgrade all the disney collection from VHS to DVD yet, think my first animated disney DVD was Atlantis (??? cant remember could have been sooner)

I just havent been able to bring myself to re-purchasing all those titles again.

anyway, im rambling - Michael - well done.
Old 06-17-04, 10:23 PM

Those look amazing all lined up, and the 3D previews look pretty cool too. I'm glad you left the Home on the Range tagline at the top, it looks great under that WD logo. Also I actually like that Bambi cover, looks "classic" and that's the whole idea behind this set. Can't wait to see what you've got in store for a Pixar Collection, I might just have to update up to yours from Timm's set. Now all I need is for Scara to finish the "Cheap-quels" and "Second Teir" titles (there are only like 1000 left) and my Disney Collection will look pretty sitting on my new shelf in my (soon to be) new house. Now if only someone would do a Dreamworks collection in a "Cloud-type" template and a Complete Hayao Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli Collection my entire Animated Collection would all be matching (not counting the few FOX & WB titles I own, but those don't count)
Old 06-18-04, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Totally beautiful! You did a great job on those.
I wish I had all the ink to print them and all the DVDs to fill them.
Old 06-18-04, 12:43 PM

Brilliant stuff Michael! Just friggin' brilliant. Now we just gotta figure out how to get 'em.
Old 06-18-04, 01:03 PM
Banned

Originally posted by CanadianKnight
Now we just gotta figure out how to get 'em.
Quite honestly, the safest way I can think of would be for Mike to get email addresses of those he trusts and email them to a few and let them distribute them however, keeping MIke from having to worry.
Old 06-18-04, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by Disc-Flipper

I wish I had all the ink to print them and all the DVDs to fill them.
No kidding. I've only printed around 20 myself. That, and the fact I don't own them all, yet.

Thanks for the kind words.
Old 06-18-04, 01:37 PM

Nice as always ...

But ...

Am I the only one out there who actually owns all of em and more ? :S

(And yes ... I printed them all too ... it's really nice to see those 60-70 spines lined up )

Last edited by Scaramanga; 06-18-04 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-18-04, 07:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Gore_Hound_X
Those look amazing all lined up, and the 3D previews look pretty cool too. I'm glad you left the Home on the Range tagline at the top, it looks great under that WD logo.
Hmm, I don't like that one at all. It looks like the movie is called Bust a Moo.

Was that the final poster art, and not a teaser etc?
Old 06-18-04, 08:33 PM

1 more thang MC any chance your gonna update your covers for newer editions? Alice in Wonderland is already out as a 2-Discer and there is a new 2-disc SE coming for Mulan in october
Old 06-18-04, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: second star on the right and straight on to the morning
I have all your covers - but not all the dvds. Your covers are so beautiful I had to have them. Compulsive, aren't I.
Old 06-19-04, 01:49 AM

1 more thang MC any chance your gonna update your covers for newer editions? Alice in Wonderland is already out as a 2-Discer and there is a new 2-disc SE coming for Mulan in october
There's already a 2-disc cover for Alice out there ;-)

Made one as soon as the set was released. ;-)

Last edited by Scaramanga; 06-20-04 at 03:01 AM.
Old 06-19-04, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

funny you should ask. I didn't want to do it until I found a solid picture of another poster release. I didn't want to slap the same poster on the re-release, and I didn't want to stray from the "original poster" theme. Found it this morning. Just have to re-create the title in vector to make it look nice and crisp. And yes I will update them all assuming I can find decent artwork to use. It just took a while to find this one.

Old 06-19-04, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

oh, and the song quote is from a song never used for the film. Kinda cool.
Old 06-19-04, 01:16 PM

Movie logo was redrawn from scratch since the scan I had of it wasn't exactly up to my standards.

Last edited by Scaramanga; 06-19-04 at 02:15 PM.
Old 06-19-04, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

nice.
Old 06-19-04, 04:16 PM

Michael,

Am I right in thinking all of your covers are designed for single width cases?

I know some of the early double-disc sets were in double thick cases (which I prefer), but I'm guessing you changed these for continuity reasons?

Matt
Old 06-19-04, 06:58 PM

I knew you had one made Scara, I just prefer the original poster art and yours used the DVD art, it's still a great cover just not what I (1 person) was looking for, still love those cheap-quel cover though, keep'm coming. I also finally convinced myself that the "Grey" versions look best, after putting the 3 "blue" ones I had next to the "Classics" on a shelf and stepping back, talk aboot clashing DAYUM it was horrible.
Old 06-20-04, 02:03 AM

I knew you had one made Scara, I just prefer the original poster art and yours used the DVD art, it's still a great cover just not what I (1 person) was looking for, still love those cheap-quel cover though, keep'm coming. I also finally convinced myself that the "Grey" versions look best, after putting the 3 "blue" ones I had next to the "Classics" on a shelf and stepping back, talk aboot clashing DAYUM it was horrible.
Humm .... you need better intel. That ain't the DVD art I used, since I didn't like that art at all.
Old 06-20-04, 02:57 AM

Really? I remeber it looking alot like this cover

I could be wrong, but I remember the big pink title box, I think.
Old 06-20-04, 03:00 AM

Ah you were referring to Alice ... thought you were talking about Stitch! The Movie.

I've never been a big fan of any of the original Alice in Wonderland posters, which is what made me decide to use the marvellous DVD art.
Old 06-20-04, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by mattgoble
Michael,

Am I right in thinking all of your covers are designed for single width cases?

I know some of the early double-disc sets were in double thick cases (which I prefer), but I'm guessing you changed these for continuity reasons?

Matt
Yes. Well, sorta. i did do a double wide Snow White, Beauty & the Beast and Tarzan. I don't think I ever did one for Atlantis though. It just got to be a hassle, updating those, or even working on them when there are other things to do. I figure, it isn't hard to pick up an empty dvd case to make them single width.

Come on Scara, you don't like the pshycadellic Alice poster on my new cover? Shagadellic baby!
Old 06-20-04, 07:39 AM

It's not that I don't like it at all, just like the other one better, does the movie more credit IMO.
Old 06-21-04, 10:36 PM

Were this posted on "the other site?"

I don't know how I missed them, they are amazing. I've got about half of the movies, and would love to have the matching set of covers!
Old 06-21-04, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: second star on the right and straight on to the morning
Michael and Scara

I love the covers, I need the covers. Please stop tantalizing me.

We need a place to upload and download these covers!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.