Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Michael Corvin VI: The Wrath of Eisner

DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Michael Corvin VI: The Wrath of Eisner

Old 10-04-04, 10:47 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corvin,

(idea 1)
I can host them out on a site of their own if you'd like.
I'll set some bandwidth limit we agree on per month (maybe 5Gb or so).
I can pop phphuke / gallery app on there as well if you want to make a full site of it.

(idea 2)
As you know this actually goes someway along the line of my recent thoughts about having a decent free source of custom covers / no scans.

Have a think and give me a shout one way or the other.
Old 10-04-04, 04:20 PM

Hey Michael, sorry I haven't beena round. The offer still stands when you are ready. The vcovers are beautiful and if disney had any brains they'd hire you to produce there covers.

Anywho, ready when you are. BTW I own a business with my own data center. So I can do what I want!!! :-)
Old 10-04-04, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 336 Likes on 243 Posts
Re: WITH MICHAEL'S PERMISSION

Originally posted by Lancelot

Long Days and Pleasant Nights to you, Sai.
that sells it there! A fellow gunslinger. Feel free to trade amongst dvdtalkers. My only request is that the quality remain the same. i.e. don't open the file drop the quality to 150 dpi and send it off. I just wish my covers to remain the utmost quality. We all have standards.

The pixar covers you have are probably from Timmio, a good friend of mine.

JJE - Mulan is done. Alice still sits unfinished due to the new baby girl. It is close though. I went and recreated the title to make it as crisp as possible. I just need to sit down and take an hour or so to finish it.

Randy - right now you have to have known some of the higher-ups or contributers at DVDCA that can vouch for you. Right now SP only accepts contributers. Whether that be covers or resources for other artists. Other than that you will have to ask BeyondDoubt for more details.
Old 10-04-04, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: second star on the right and straight on to the morning
qasic

What server has the newsgroup alt.binaries.dvd-covers? Neither of the ISPs I have used or XNEWS has it.

Thanks
Old 10-04-04, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The group alt.binaries.dvd-covers seems to be dead anyway. I have it on a pretty good server and I have not seen anything in it since I started looking at it about 5-6 months ago. But, a.b.pictures.cd-covers seems to have a lot of DVD covers.
Old 10-05-04, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

DT goodies?

I am only about 125 into the new book. Ka keeps me from zipping through it.
Old 10-06-04, 10:53 PM

i appreciate the terrific work on the Disney cover set and have printed all the titles that were available at DVDCoverart. now i still need Aladdin, Home on the Range, and a new 2-disc version of the upcoming Mulan.

i freely admit that my meager Photoshop efforts would not be up to snuff for acceptance at a discriminating DVD Cover site. i only had a handful of custom covers accepted at DVDCoverart when the site first started-- a couple of Muppet and Disney covers that i adapted from the original laserdisc coverart. yes, they got pulled from the site eventually...

so... how can i possibly join a "refferal only" site to get the remaining few covers i need to compete my set? it's kinda crummy that those of us that downloaded the 35+ covers that were at DVDCA now are out of luck if they want the few ramaining one we need. i'd be happy to join whatever forum necessary to have access to them. i have emailed requesting these files, with no luck.

any suggestions?
Old 10-09-04, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'll get there. Sometime this week. Patience young padawans.

As for the Pixar covers you have, b'ah. I know which ones you are referring to. Not good.

These don't match my set, but IMO are stunning in their own right. Timmio, a good friend of mine created them, and they are what I use. It is good to distinguish them from the actual Disney covers. I reccomend finding these.

Timmio's Pixar Collection

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 10-09-04 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-09-04, 10:51 AM

The only 2 "legal" Pixar covers to match Chris' series out there are Finding Nemo & Dinosaur. To date I haven't released any of the others yet. (Sitting on my HD)

That's probably why Monsters Inc and Toy Story "look off", they're hack jobs for all I know.
Old 10-13-04, 09:08 AM

I too have been looking around for these extraordinary covers, without much luck.

Lancelot I would trade you for some but I don't have any you don't already have, maybe another arrangement could be made

Corvin I just want to say awesome job and sorry for bugging you with e-mails. I would like to bring to your attention a site that has some of your covers on it.

http://www.covers.to

Unfortunatly someone else is taking the upload credit for them just do a search for Peter Pan or Beauty and the Beast and you will find them. but on the bright side maybe you can upload the other ones on there and people could get them that way.....I know it's just wishfull thinking!!

Mega thanks to anyone that can help me get these great covers I would like to complete the whole set. (looks like I'm gonna be shelling out mega bucks to Disney.)

Eisner is a criminal for stopping 2D full length films.

Kakihara1
Old 10-13-04, 09:17 AM

I almost forgot here is an interesting one on the same site.

http://www.covers.to/index.php?pid=c...od=front+back.

do you have a foriegn counterpart Corvin? I thought you might enjoy that one.
Old 10-13-04, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

answers. come one come all.

Brother Bear = of course, except I didn't use that crappy dvd art

Fantasia supplemental was me

Alice in Wonderland is all but done. Need to tweak it. I will warn you now the poster art was very low res, so don't be expcting too much out of it. The rest of the cover looks great though. I redid the title and "Disney" name on the poster. Probably about the quality of the Robin Hood poster art.

Cinderella is about half done. What I have completed I did months ago. Haven't been in a rush since the DVD isn't due for quite some time. That and the fact, the title for the spine needs a lot of work. I'm just being lazy.

Before you print these out, I don't know which versions you are getting by trading, but in June I updated EVERY cover with correct UPC's. I also aligned all the titles on the spines so they look better on the shelf. A few titles I even changed the spines a bit to make them more legible. Also, the original Black Cauldron was very low res, I have also updated that with hi-res and it looks 100% cleaner. I know this doesn't help, but all the Revised versions are on SP. So if you know someone there, talk 'em up.

Haven't finished the book yet. The baby, wife, and Burnout 3 keeps
me busy. I'm about 200 pp in.
Old 10-20-04, 03:17 PM

Alright this thread is getting a bump back to the top; Why? Well read Lancelot's last post on this thread and you will see that all of the primary covers have been located plus the Pixar covers.

The only cover yet to be found is the Fantasia Supplemental!!!

That's just awesome. And I want to take the time to thank Lancelot and Joliom specifically for all their help getting the animated classics to me.

Lance you give me too much credit; the real thanks goes to Timmio, for his quick response to my desperate cry.

I'm giddy like a school girl about getting these printed and shelved, although admittedly I still have to buy a lot of the DVDs.

Excellent work fellas, and cheers to the man Michael Corvin.

Happy hunting, this is the home stretch.

Kakihara1
Old 10-20-04, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lancelot YGM
Old 10-20-04, 10:40 PM
Cool New Member

The Quest Concludes!

Thanks to my pals and trading partners, I now have a complete (for now) set of these outstanding covers. I will revise this posted list as I aquire covers. Check it once in a while

101 Dalmations
Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
Aladdin
Alice in Wonderland 2-disc NEW!
Aristocats
Atlantis
Bambi NEW!
Beauty and the Beast
Black Cauldron
Brother Bear
Cinderella NEW!
Dinosaur (Scaramanga's)
Dumbo
Emperor's New Groove
Fantasia
Fantasia 2000
Fantasia Legacy
Fox and the Hound
Fun and Fancy Free
Great Mouse Detective
Hercules
Home on the Range
Huntchback of Notre Dame
Jungle Book
Lady and the Tramp
Lilo & Stitch
Lion King
Lion King 1 1/2 (Scaramanga's)
Lion King 2 (Scaramanga's)
Little Mermaid
Make Mine Music
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Melody Time
Mulan (2-disc) NEW!
Oliver and Company
Peter Pan
Pinnocchio
Pocahontas
The Rescuers
The Rescuers Down Under (AKA:Miss Bianca's Bloody, Bloody Vengeance)
Robin Hood
Saludos Amigos
Sleeping Beauty
Sword in the Stone
Snow White
Tarzan
Three Caballeros
Treasure Planet

Timmio Pixars:

Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story Supplimental
Bug's Life
Monsters, Inc.
Finding Nemo

Here's where I also thank ALL my generous contributors and trade partners.

...but especially Michael Corvin himself. His Aladdin and Home on the Range covers proved to be essential trade goods (as we knew they would).

Of course, the real thanks go to Michael (as well as Scaramanga and Timmio) for doing such outstanding customs in the first place and being kind enough to share them with us as far as the thrice-damned Mouse Lawers would allow.

The studio art directors could learn a thing or three from these perfect designs. That's for sure.

This is starting to sound like an Academy Award acceptance speech, isn't it?

Since you all have been so nice, here's the deal...

Even though I don't need any of these covers anymore, I am still willing to send them to anyone who asks, NO STRINGS ATTACHED.

Just send a want list from the address you'd like to receive the covers to me at:

[email protected]

Why?

Because of the overly kind way this cover community has treated me. (Joliom and Angel Pagan in particular were so nice to me when I got into this cover thing, I just want to follow their example and "pay it forward".)

Why else?

Because, by filling requests, I will deflect unwanted e-mails from Michael....so, no need for you to bug him. I can take it!

One more reason? Okay then.

Because these are so good, everyone should replace the crappy official covers.

I will be happy to do this until it gets overwhelming. First come, first served.

You can't beat that.

Some notes:

As covers become available I will try to get them here with MC's kind permission. Don't bother to ask unless you see it on the above list. That's all I have.

ONE VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:

BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR REQUEST, MAKE SURE THAT YOUR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER HAS THE ROOM TO ACCEPT WHAT YOU REQUEST

This keeps happening in spite of my stating it here. This is the only thing that could force me to stop providing this service.

I don't want them bouncing back, and would hate to send them over and over to the same person. Fair enough?

Warmly,

Lance (Tet Corporation's President of Aquisition and DistributionNEW!

Last edited by Lancelot; 11-06-04 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-22-04, 12:03 AM
Cool New Member

TO REPEAT MYSELF....

Hi again.

Tonight I sent out over 200 E-Mails and more than half of them bounced back because two of your mailboxes were full.

PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST COVERS IF YOU CAN'T RECEIVE THEM

It's crazy to ask for 50 hi res files when your ISP can only handle a few.

I do not mind doing this (or I wouldn't have offered) but it is a bit of work, so I'd hate to do it for nothing.

-----------------

10/23 Update.

MC tells me that his own mailbox is clean of requests, so he's happy about all this I'm sure.

That was one of my goals in doing this, as you know.

One smart poster is sending me a series of shorter lists spaced out over a few days, so that the mailbox is cleaned out to make room for each batch. Good thinking.

That's a very intelligent solution for smaller mailboxes.

Lastly....

If you feel so inclined, I'd appreciate it if you'd please check my own want list and see if you have anything I could use.

I have a Mission to get everything into single or double slim cases. (Of course, I can compress standard spines to make them fit). Also, most of the fan covers seem to be designed better. I really like Poster art and matching series sets (like those outstanding Zinema Bond and Corvin Disney designs).

My want list by Category:

1. To replace covers that don't scan well (or are badly designed):

Hard Day's Night (2-disc set)
Airport Terminal Pack
The Human Face (John Cleese Documentary)
MI-5 (Spooks)
Universal Monster Legacy titles

2. Box sets that I'd like to convert into Single or Double Slim cases.

Animated Batman
Rocky & Bullwinkle 1 & 2
Jetsons
Tom & Jerry
Wacky Racers
Outer Limits
Ken Burns Civil War
Babylon 5 Movies
X-Files (Season 5, 7, 9)

3. I wouldn't mind nicely designed matching series covers for:
El Mariachi
Don Bluth Animation
Disney Live Action
Kevin Smith
Cohen Bros.
Farelli Bros.
Spy Kids
Rambo
Rocky
Stephen King, etc.

(I have some of these but I'm always looking for the best designs. I tend to like original poster art)

Thanking you in advance for any help you may be able to provide and your time.

...even if you could just point me in the right direction for some of these.

Thank you kindly.

Lance (Lancelot)

Last edited by Lancelot; 11-14-04 at 07:41 PM.
Old 10-22-04, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Damn lance. That is a lot of emails. So it is going well.
Old 10-22-04, 10:07 AM

LOL!! Is that a bit of sarcasm Iím sensing Michael; sorry to laugh Lance but I suppose we couldíve anticipated this sort of thing. Seriously people, think a minute before you request the covers, if you have a hotmail account or something you are SOL donít even think of requesting them, there are like 50 covers total and they are approximately 3-4 MB each, but a few of them are in .bmp format and can be like 13 MB, if you think this is going to be a problem go get yourself a free my way account or something they offer 125 MB of free web space, canít beat that unless you have been fortunate enough to get a gmail account like myself.

This is not fun for Lance, so please try to be as courteous as possible and free up some of the space in your account.

Kakihara1
Old 10-22-04, 09:26 PM
Banned

A good idea is to get yourself a gmail account, it has 1 GB of storage!
Old 10-25-04, 05:26 AM
Cool New Member

Hey Lancelot, sign up over at SP would ya, I'd like to show you round the place and have a chat about your day job
Old 11-02-04, 01:29 PM
Cool New Member

Trading post Update

Hi everyone.

Thanks to MC and Beyond Doubt's kind invite to his nifty site, I have ALL those designs...Bambi and Cinderella included. Mulan 2-disc and Alice 2-Disc have also been seriously updated.

If you want any of these, you know how to find me (especially my wonderful trade partners out there)

Also, in spite of my repeated warnings, a lot of e-mails have been bouncing back lately. If you asked for a cover and didn't get it, ...it bounced back. So, request it again in smaller list increments.

Cheers all

Lance (Lud booby Trap-setter)

11/6 UPDATE

I haven't gotten any cover requests in a few days (down from dozens PER day), so it looks like this endeavor was a success. Everyone who wants these covers seems to have them (rare request notwithstanding).

I'll keep the offer open, since it's less trouble than ever and I enjoy providing a much-appreciated service.

Last edited by Lancelot; 11-06-04 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-16-05, 10:52 AM

Thanks, Lancelot!

MC: You got it. Thanks for the good work.

Last edited by frenchy; 03-16-05 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-16-05, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Friendly reminder. Please don't post these elsewhere. Just a common courtesy for the time and effort put forth in creating them. Thanks.
Old 03-16-05, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hasnt it been over a year since you started this set? It's truly one of the best, right up there with Zinema's Bond covers. Nice job!
Old 03-16-05, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Vong! Where have you been? Missed having you around. Actually finished this set about a year ago. Probably started it 2-3 years ago. Hard to believe it has been that long.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.