DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Anybody do custom booklets?

Old 02-02-03, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anybody do custom booklets?

I am trying to make a custom booklet for the My So Called Life series set, and was wondering if anybody here has tried to make their own booklets. What is the best program(s) to use? I have heard Photoshop recommended. Is it easy to format booklets in that program? I am looking to make it about 16-20 pages long, or so.
Old 02-02-03, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is there any paper available to do this? I was toying with the idea of making one for JFK.
Old 02-05-03, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would love a tutorial on this (for dummies, of course) if anyone is willing to enlighten us. I have Photoshop 5 and Paint Shop Pro 7, so a breakdown for either would suffice. I really want to make a replacement booklet for Evil Dead: Book of the Dead so I can ditch the original digipak packaging. I just can't bear to part with that beautiful Necronomicon booklet, however, and it's too big for a keepcase.
Old 02-05-03, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I would imagine you would just have to print on both sides of the paper. The trick would be to make sure it aligns itself correctly.
Old 02-05-03, 02:12 PM

The hardest part is figuring out which page goes where. I've worked on a few zines and minicomics and every time I have trouble remembering the sequence.
Old 02-05-03, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've done mini comics and zines (not on computer, tho) and can remember where the pages go. If there is a template to use, I'd love one! I tried finding one on Microsoft's website for Publisher. They seem to be terribly behind on just about anything DVD releated for templates.
Old 09-04-04, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I make them all the time for my DVD-R TV Shows, and the hardest thing is figuring out which pages go where... I have found this really cool paper at office depote that works prefectly its called "hard magazine"