Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Bizarre Terminator 2 Extreme problem

Old 06-25-04, 04:24 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to Best Buy today to buy the T2 Extreme DVD, got home, opened it up, and found it had 2 Disc Ones inside. It is missing Disc Two. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

I was all looking forward to trying it out on my HTPC. Doh.
Old 06-25-04, 04:49 PM

I had the same problem happen with the Almost Famous: Director's Cut, I ended up with two copies of disc 1. I also know people who have gotten home opened up the case and there be nothing there, just an empty case.
Old 06-25-04, 07:37 PM
Banned

I suggest a quick return to Best Buy for an exchange.

My story is a little different. I bought the 2-dsic Open Range at Wal Mart and opened it up out in my truck in the parking lot only to discover that the 2nd disc was missing. Went back in and exchanged it.
Old 06-25-04, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This has happened to me a few times now. It's another reason that I no longer hold off on opening new DVDs: Inspect for scratches and proper disks.

Quality control is suck.
Old 06-25-04, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it happens.
Old 06-25-04, 10:32 PM
Cool New Member

Just got back from exchanging at Best Buy. No problems. Except....

I ask the customer service lady if I could open it while she does the exchange, she says no problem. So I'm opening it and notice that the new copy I picked up has a metal outer sleeve, whereas the old one was cardboard. Cool I say, as I struggle to get the dang DVD case out of the tight metal sleeve. It finally pops free and I inpect the disc contents. Everything looks good, 2nd disc is there. So, being people where waiting behind me, I dont bother to put the case back into the metal sleeve. I get out to my car, and begin to stuggle getting the case back into the sleeve. #@$(* #$(& it is so tight I tear the clear plastic cover an inner paper slick on the damn case.

So now I am a hater of metal case sleeves. Specially the tight ones. I will be back to Best Buy to exchange yet again.
Old 06-26-04, 07:10 AM
AOD

WAIT!! Don't return the DVD. Artisan will send you a new plastic case. Just put the metal sleeve on display or pack it away. There are many threads about this happening. Chances are, it will happen again. Here is but one of the many threads about this subject. Search=friend.

T2 Extreme thread.
Old 06-26-04, 10:10 AM
Cool New Member

Thanks for the info AOD. I am still going to attempt to exchange it via Best Buy first. The first copy I had was a cardboard sleeve, so I feel sure they have more.
Old 06-26-04, 10:47 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Easley
Just got back from exchanging at Best Buy. No problems. Except....

I ask the customer service lady if I could open it while she does the exchange, she says no problem. So I'm opening it and notice that the new copy I picked up has a metal outer sleeve, whereas the old one was cardboard. Cool I say, as I struggle to get the dang DVD case out of the tight metal sleeve. It finally pops free and I inpect the disc contents. Everything looks good, 2nd disc is there. So, being people where waiting behind me, I dont bother to put the case back into the metal sleeve. I get out to my car, and begin to stuggle getting the case back into the sleeve. #@$(* #$(& it is so tight I tear the clear plastic cover an inner paper slick on the damn case.

So now I am a hater of metal case sleeves. Specially the tight ones. I will be back to Best Buy to exchange yet again.
DOAH! Got bit by the T2 Extreme Metal Case monster, did ya? You were ahead when you got the thing off without damaging the inner keepcase. Should've stopped there. Putting it back on was the last thing you should have done.

When this release was new, the metal case monster was the topic de jour. So I knew that when I bought mine, the first thing to do was to get it off as carefully as possible and never even think to put it back on again. There was a special method on how to get it off with little trouble: To slightly squeeze the middle of the case on both sides, while carefully sliding it out. It worked for the most part. I think all I got was a very slight stretch or tear in the plastic sleeve. But I was sure to never attempt to put it back on.
Old 06-26-04, 12:51 PM

Originally posted by AOD
WAIT!! Don't return the DVD. Artisan will send you a new plastic case. Just put the metal sleeve on display or pack it away. There are many threads about this happening. Chances are, it will happen again. Here is but one of the many threads about this subject. Search=friend.

T2 Extreme thread.
they aren't sending out cases anymore
Old 06-26-04, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by PolloDiablo
I had the same problem happen with the Almost Famous: Director's Cut, I ended up with two copies of disc 1. I also know people who have gotten home opened up the case and there be nothing there, just an empty case.
I actually had a problem with the Almost Famous DC too.....I had a disc 1 but no disc 2......talk about being PO'd!!
Old 06-26-04, 09:06 PM
AOD

Originally posted by tek2k
they aren't sending out cases anymore
Sorry to hear that. In that case then, don't put it back in if you get it out unscathed.
Old 06-28-04, 02:03 AM

The first T2 UE dvd would fall out of the case when held at a slight angle. The second T2 EE seems to damage the case when taking it off. I hope someone got fired over the case designs.