Old 06-24-04, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Big Emma's Reliable?

Check this out:

http://www.bigemma.com/product_info....oducts_id=4952

Ed Wood dvd sealed. Could it be true?
Old 06-24-04, 01:08 PM

I ordered some laserdiscs from them a few weeks ago and it was a great transaction. No problems whatsoever. If you want the Ed Wood DVD, go ahead and order it from them. I doubt you'll be disappointed.
Old 06-24-04, 01:22 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
this just reminds me I have a pile of laserdiscs, games, and DVD's I'd like to trade in for some credit.
Old 06-24-04, 01:24 PM

nyone gonna give me a decent response?? We are talking about a recalled dvd which sells on ebay for up to $150. Anyone heard of this dvd? Could they possibly be selling it.
Old 06-24-04, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by pomodoro
nyone gonna give me a decent response?? We are talking about a recalled dvd which sells on ebay for up to $150. Anyone heard of this dvd? Could they possibly be selling it.
Instead of being a dick, why don't you read svrasputin's post again? Seemed like a decent response to me. You also might want to be a little more patient. You started the thread less than an hour ago.

Plenty of "Ed Wood" DVDs slipped through before the recall, so there is every possibility this is legit.
Old 06-24-04, 01:38 PM

Originally posted by Mr. Salty
Instead of being a dick, why don't you read svrasputin's post again? Seemed like a decent response to me. You also might want to be a little more patient. You started the thread less than an hour ago.

Plenty of "Ed Wood" DVDs slipped through before the recall, so there is every possibility this is legit.
sorry if I came across as a d*ck, I just thought that this was a very sought after dvd, and the responses have been very apathic. I didn't mean to sound bad, simply I thought I had found something great.
Old 06-24-04, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, your thread title asks whether or not Big Emma's is reliable. That question has been answered. It sounds like you're more interested about whether or not finding "Ed Wood" was a big deal or not, but that's not what you asked.

If that's the case, you might want to e-mail a moderator and ask him to change your thread title.
Old 06-24-04, 01:49 PM

I'll just put the question in the thread.

So, is finding Ed Wood for $40 a big deal??
Old 06-24-04, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I seriously don't understand your question. You say that they're going for $150 on eBay. You found one for $40. Yeah, that's a pretty big deal. Did you need someone to confirm that for you?

By the way, if you haven't ordered it yet, you probably should. Any one of the hundreds of people viewing this thread could go in and scoop it...
Old 06-24-04, 02:09 PM

it just seemed strange to me that a pretty big online retail store like Big Emma's would have something like this. Thats why I asked if they are reliable, since it just doesn't sound right.
Old 06-24-04, 02:12 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
the disc is now denoted as being 'Out of Stock'... oh well...
Old 06-24-04, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
I personally don't think that spending $40 on a disc that Buena Vista is going to release eventually for half that price is a big deal, unless you're just very impatient.
Old 06-24-04, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If it still matters, I've ordered five or six times over the years from Big Emma and have no complaints.
Old 06-24-04, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

this ed wood deal was posted a few weeks ago, im surprised they lasted as long as they did. i bought one and there are no indications of it being fake.

even if this does come out for half the price, i dont mind. its one of my favorite movies and i sincerely doubt it will be the same DVD without modifications.
Old 06-24-04, 11:58 PM

Sorry, I'm not going to look to see where I read the post -- but there have been a number of reports of Big Emma selling bootlegs -- OOP Criterions, etc. If someone finds something to link it would be good to have here.