Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Question about Dawson's Creek

Old 05-14-04, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am thinking about buying Season 2 of Dawsons Creek, so I went to Amazon.com(USA) and saw the reviews which said they changed the music for season 2, and some of the episodes had bad video. While looking at Amazon.co.uk(UK), I noticed that season 2 had 6 DVD's, instead of the 4 the USA version has. Does anyone know if the UK version is better? It is two extra DVD's. I am confused.
Old 05-14-04, 01:15 PM

The have watched some episodes on the R1 (US) release and own the R2 (UK) one, the video quality is poor in both releases (because of poor source material) - but R2 is marginally better. In the R1 set you can see some annoying compression artifacts here and there, which the R2 set doesn't have.

I hated the fact that so many great songs were replaced, I got even more upset when I noticed that in the R2 set you can hear ALL of the original songs - IF - you change to one of the dubbed languages (french, german, spanish).
Old 05-15-04, 08:52 AM

Originally posted by Andie
The have watched some episodes on the R1 (US) release and own the R2 (UK) one, the video quality is poor in both releases (because of poor source material) - but R2 is marginally better. In the R1 set you can see some annoying compression artifacts here and there, which the R2 set doesn't have.

I hated the fact that so many great songs were replaced, I got even more upset when I noticed that in the R2 set you can hear ALL of the original songs - IF - you change to one of the dubbed languages (french, german, spanish).
If they have the original music for the dubbed languages, I wonder why they don't have it for english???

I think I will buy the R2, even if the quality is only slightly better. 6 disks have to be better than 4.

Is there anything else different with the R2 version?
Old 05-20-04, 05:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What really sucks, is the best of Dawsons Creek that came out a few years ago in region 2 was enhanced widescreen and looked incredible. Then for some reason they release the seasons in awful looking full screen.