Community
Search

"Hallowen" 2-disc Limited Edition?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-04, 06:57 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts
"Hallowen" 2-disc Limited Edition?

Can someone who has this 2-disc version with the movie and the television movie edition tell me the type of case it comes in.

I want to make sure I got a legit copy and the one i got seemed a little sketchy. The cover art is obviously legit, but I want to know what the original case it came with is or what type? Is it brown double alpha? thanks for help! I will delete after answer.

Also, is the DVD of the theatrical release that inferior to the Divimax version? It seemed pretty nice to me, but I don't have the Divi..anyone have both. Was thinking maybe getting Divi and putting it with the LE so as to have with the TV version.

Last edited by OldBoy; 04-09-04 at 08:07 AM.
Old 04-09-04, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The case was a double alpha, with a hologram plastic insert placed on the front cover. The theatrical version of this dvd is the approved version by Cinematopgraper Dean Cundey.
Old 04-09-04, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
It comes in a Double Alpha and the cover is one of those magic motion things that looks like the pumpkin with the knife or Michael Myers depending how you look at it.

I actually like the original release a little more than the Divi version. It has more of a blue tint to it that makes it a little spookier. The big advantage of the Divi release is the commentary track only found on the Criterion Laserdisc version before.

I think both are worth owning.
Old 04-09-04, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also, is the DVD of the theatrical release that inferior to the Divimax version?
No; while there's some debate over this, a large percentage (probably a majority) of the fans think the transfer on the limited edition (theatrical version) is superior, because it's closer to the way it was originally presented; the new version is a little too clean for a lot of people (I prefer the old one too).

However, the new one has vastly superior extras, including the commentary track and a great documentary (which, oddly, uses clips from the movie, but from the older DVD transfer).
Old 04-09-04, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I too prefer the THX version to the Divimax. It does have a granier, spookier feel to it. However, it still looks good. As has been said, the Divimax is cleaner. I used to own both, but sold the Divimax and kept the THX version.
Old 04-09-04, 12:34 PM

thanks for the replies thus far..what color was the double alpha? brown or black? mine came as brown..
Old 04-09-04, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

mine's black.
Old 04-09-04, 12:46 PM

Another way to tell if the set is ligit might be the number on the back of the packaging. It should embossed as XXXXX/48,000 or something like that.

Fitprod
Old 04-09-04, 12:49 PM

Originally posted by myrdh
mine's black.
black huh? that is what i was afraid of..
Old 04-09-04, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
It is always possible that the previous owner just put it in a new case, if the old one was damaged or something...
Old 04-10-04, 08:00 AM

i know, but i am a semi-collector and i like the real deal's that which came with original, manufactured stuff..
Old 04-10-04, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Originally posted by scott1598
i know, but i am a semi-collector and i like the real deal's that which came with original, manufactured stuff..
Original Disc - obviously, a must.
Original Cover - pretty much a must have, as well.
Original Insert - some people don't care, others do.
Original case - Unless it was a special case, then a blank case is the same as any other case, sometimes the same new disc will even come in different cases, depending on what batch the manufacturer is using.

If you must have a case that is exactly like the original, buy a black double alpha online for ~.75 cents...