Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Must see to believe...a review for CSI S3...

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-04, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if this belongs here, but I just can't help but to share this with everyone. I still can't believe Amazon would permit such a review...

Link

More BS Widescreen for a great show!, March 16, 2004
Reviewer: A viewer from Japan
First off let me say I love CSI don't get me wrong what I have a problem with is the want to keep putting the show in widescreen. Has anybody out there seen how much a widescreen T.V. are? Thousands of dollers ok unless you want me to buy a tv for me so I can get the crappy widescreen experience. Many people have been comlaining about no subtitles? Who cares people. I don't care what anybody say's that widescreen is better because it is not, why would anybody want to see what's going on, on the sides of the screen? The action is in the center who cares about seing more!Basiclly widescreen sucks and I never plan owning a widescreen T.V.were I have to spend my life savings to pay for it.As far as I'm comcerned I still am going to buy fullscreen movies because I hate looking at the stupid black bars on the screen when I want to watch a movie!
Widescreen is going to suck for ever!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-30-04, 02:07 AM

Hmm...apparently the good people of Japan can have bad days as well...

btw...What is the Japanese name for "Joe SixPack" ?
Old 03-30-04, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You're right, his grammar and spelling are atrocious.
Old 03-30-04, 02:20 AM

Not only that...but I was referring to his...shall we say "less than intelligent" view on widescreen
Old 03-30-04, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
Re: Must see to believe...a review for CSI S3...

Originally posted by gongon78
...I never plan owning a widescreen T.V.were I have to spend my life savings to pay for it.
Poor guy! He must not make much money, if he'd have to save up his entire life for a WS TV.
Old 03-30-04, 08:23 AM

And Japan is, as we all know, far far behind on technology, and as such new products like widescreen TVīs are not even available in this very lo-tech country yet...( <--- This is sarcasm by the way...I like Japan )
Old 03-30-04, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Do you want to know that the worst thing is? The government CONDONES this behavior? Did you know they are MANDATING that stations move to Hi-Def in the near future, FORCING consumers to purchase these widescreen TVs, using their life savings, pensions, and breaking 401ks?

Clearly, this is a Republican conspiracy meant to spur the economy and deflect criticism from the economic policies of the Bush administration.

I demand accountability. Mr. Bush, you can keep your black bars.

The guy's a nutjob. But come on, he's said nothing most of us don't hear on a regular basis at our favorite DVD store. There will always be uninformed consumers who will never get widescreen. To them, the black bars are "hiding" part of the image, rather than enhancing it. I have gone so far personally as to hook up two tvs and dvd players together side by side and actually show the SAME DVD, SAME SCENE to a person with a similar opinion. I showed him there is actually MORE image. His response - I don't care what's on the sides, I'm not looking at the sides, I'm looking at the center.

There's no helping these people. There will always be fullscreen, and frankly, I be willing to bet that if the fullscreen option didn't exist, those people would simply stop purchasing DVDs.
Old 03-30-04, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Uh, thanks. You could spend the rest of your life tracking down inane reviews from Amazon. However you did manage to suck me in with the "must see to believe" title. Kudos to you.
Old 03-30-04, 04:11 PM

Originally posted by Wannabe
Uh, thanks. You could spend the rest of your life tracking down inane reviews from Amazon. However you did manage to suck me in with the "must see to believe" title. Kudos to you.
And some people post "reviews" on Amazon whose sole purpose is to stir people up. I think this "review" falls into that category.

Brett
Old 03-30-04, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And this confirms what most people think about this moron:

"3 of 159 people found the following review helpful:"
Old 03-30-04, 04:57 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by DanishDVDfreak
Hmm...apparently the good people of Japan can have bad days as well...

btw...What is the Japanese name for "Joe SixPack" ?
According to the AltaVista Babel Fish translator, it's "ジョーSixPack". Or possibly "ジョーの6パック".
Old 03-30-04, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think it's one of the foreigners here, and Hi Def TV is already herem with all the digital broadcasting.We have until 2005 to change to all digital!Since the new TV's all are ready for digital broadcast we, just need to grab a tuner.Widescreen tv is still not a big hit but with the new plasma TV in, they have been getting a lot of sale these days.
Old 03-31-04, 12:30 AM

His mother is a whore.
Old 03-31-04, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That review made me smile. Also, it's nice to see other people who think this guy is off his freakin rocker (3 of 159, ha).