Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the new one) isn't supposed to be out on DVD yet?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-04, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

I ask cos I saw Gutz's now closed thread and, well, a bunch of copies of this have been available at the SAMs near my university since Tuesday.
Old 03-19-04, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The remake officially streets on March 30th.

K
Old 03-19-04, 03:23 PM
Banned

They just put it out early. That happens now and then.
Old 03-19-04, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is this the deal with ALL Sam's Warehouse, or just that one?
Old 03-19-04, 03:29 PM
Banned

Originally posted by NaturalMystic79
Is this the deal with ALL Sam's Warehouse, or just that one?
My guess is that it is local. My Sam's Club did not have it out.
Old 03-19-04, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Darnit!
Old 03-19-04, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it really so hard to go to amazon or thedigitalbits or ANYWHERE on the web that sells dvd's to find out a release schedule and answer these questions yourself?
Old 03-19-04, 05:35 PM
Banned

Originally posted by mzupeman2
Is it really so hard to go to amazon or thedigitalbits or ANYWHERE on the web that sells dvd's to find out a release schedule and answer these questions yourself?
Crabby much?
Old 03-19-04, 05:42 PM
Banned

If only they could put them back in the boxes and send em back to the studio with a note saying "DONT SEND US ANYMORE SHIT!"
Old 03-19-04, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts
I've just gotta agree with mzupeman2. There are so many irrelevant posts on this forum nowadays that I sometimes wonder why I even bother to look at anything anymore. A few years ago you could get some really good information here, but nowadays it's so many questions like this one - which, yeah - anybody can find out on any dvd website.

It seems that now the one weekly post which I click on is "what DVDs are you getting this week?" just to see if I missed anything.

I click on a lot of them which I only read the question and then push the back button. Course I used to be trying to kill 2 or 3 hours a day while doing nothing at my job - now my life is not like that. Obviously several of you have jobs like that - with a need to kill time. Or else you don't have jobs?! I don't know, but it amazes me the number of posts I see by some people.

New Members especially, get real swell-headed when somebody responds to their posts. Several of them then seem like they try & turn a post into a chat! Dang, is that boring!!!

Anyway, guess I should end this rant. I know some of you will flame me and tell me to stop reading - that "there are a lot of good posts here!" As I said - I HAVE practically stopped reading.

Have any other longer term members noticed any of the phenomena of which I am referring??
Old 03-19-04, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
I have an early copy, and all I can say is the packaging is pretty darn fabulous [metal faceplate, crime scene photo cards]
Old 03-19-04, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Arghh, I want an early copy too! Still over a week before it's officially released. Hmm, maybe I'll hit up Walmart, sometimes they break street date.
Old 03-20-04, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Sorry to the people peeved about my post but this is one of the few websites that actually works in my university (for a while they even blocked Hotmail) and that's where I was when I saw the thread by Gutz. I was suprised since I had assumed that the DVD was released at the correct time since it happened to show up at that SAMs on a Tuesday. I didn't mean to piss anybody off.
Old 03-20-04, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

RocShemp,

Don't know why you're apologing. There are some people on this forum who like to bitch and moan over the slightest thing. Every thread has to be relevent to them, and to them only, because of course, the world revolves them, don't cha know? I guess they feel the need to click on every thread here, because they hope it's of some important/relevance to them.
Old 03-20-04, 11:33 AM

Apology accepted.
Old 03-20-04, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Father Merrin
Apology accepted.
Aren't you supposed to grant me forum confession or forum last rites or something?
Old 03-21-04, 12:57 AM

how much was it at sams? was it the 2 disc?
Old 03-21-04, 10:54 AM

I think Best Buy is doing some kind of cross-promotion with the original and the remake. I was in there yesterday and they had seven shelves full of the original. It looked like there was a Texas Chainsaw Massacre section right next to the horror/sci-fi section. I'm not sure exactly what it will be, but they're evidently expecting to sell a lot of them.
Old 03-22-04, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

CrashNBurn69,

$19 and change. Keep in mind that this in Puerto Rico so your local SAMs might have it cheaper or more expensive. I dunno how much pricings in SAMs vary between PR and the US.

I dun remember if it was one disc or two. I believe two since I didn't even know there was a one disc version. Is the two disc version the one with the fancy (at least to me it was) red and black cover?
Old 03-22-04, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by RocShemp
Sorry to the people peeved about my post but this is one of the few websites that actually works in my university
You know, this site has a release list too.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/bargain.php
Old 03-22-04, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
does it have an insert? no insert = no sale!
Old 03-22-04, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If all the other sites weren't blocked for RocShemp, I too would think this was a pointless thread. This happens here a fair amount and it's either because people are
a) Lazy
b) Bragging about seeing it/getting it early in a way that doesn't look like bragging to them

I understand RocShemp's reason but I don't think that reason applies to everyone. We have a release date thread here and outside of our forum there are hundreds of sites where that info could be found.

At least the thread title wasn't:
TCM out early
Cause then it would of been a question without a question mark in the title and those types of threads are the absolute worst.
Old 03-22-04, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I've been going to this site for quite some time now and I totally forgot about the release list. Anyhoo, the bit with my university is random, at best. Some times all the sites work fine. Others it's just like the day I started this thread. Fortunately this site never seems to be a problem for my university's server.

Anyhoo, MasterofDVD, there was no bragging intended on my part. It'd be pointless in my case since I haven't seen the film yet and I tend to avoid blind buys like the plague (with a few rare exceptions). I just found Gutz's thread to be curious since I honestly assumed the DVD was officialy out already and had no way to confirm that.

BTW, CrashNBurn69, the version I saw was the one reviewed here: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=9976 So, yeah, it was the two disc set.