Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Braveheart transfer question?

Old 02-21-04, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since the other thread got hijacked by a padder and a religous debate... Can someone just confirm if they have the same issue with their Braveheart disk.

-On about 90% of the camera changes, i see a flash at the top of the screen. It'll cover about the top 1/8th of the image. And on lighter scenes where the flash wouldnt' be noticable, it'll flash dark. It's noticeable during the funeral for williams father. When the camera switches between Marianne and William, it flashes each time. Also very noticable in the fight between William and Hamish. But those are just examples to shoot for, i'm steadily noticing the problem throughout the whole film. I don't think its an issue with my player either, cause i paused and did a frame by frame and i can see the discoloration on the print at the top of the frame. VERY NOTICABLE. And very distracting.

Tons of specs and dust too, but i wouldn't complain about that if it weren't for the above mentioned problem. It almost makes me want to break out the VHS copy. Can someone check and see if they have the same issue?
Old 02-22-04, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

50 views and nobody knows?
Old 02-22-04, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The only thing I noticed was a less-than-perfect transfer. I have no other complaints.
Old 02-22-04, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sounds like printer mistimes. A lot of movies shot anamorphically, as Braveheart was, have this problem. I'm no expert so maybe someone can explain it but it would have been seen like that in theaters.